Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition for a "Spirit of Grayskull" Like figure

Petition for a "Spirit of Grayskull" Like figure

I really want a Spirit figure and I know that there are alot of people here that is against re-issuing this figure cause of its orgin and only 2 were made. BUT...I am a completist and just knowing that there is this figure out there I want him in any form I can get. So why not re-issue or actually ISSUE him to the mass public in a different color form the SDCC and the Auction of the original 2.

So yeaI want this figure made.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

But if they issue it in another color, you still wont have a complete collection. You'll just have Grayskull in yet another color. So there's no real point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    I really want a Spirit figure and I know that there are alot of people here that is against re-issuing this figure cause of its orgin and only 2 were made. BUT...I am a completist and just knowing that there is this figure out there I want him in any form I can get. So why not re-issue or actually ISSUE him to the mass public in a different color form the SDCC and the Auction of the original 2.

So yeaI want this figure made.

Would that not be a bit pointless? Let's say they'd reissue him in pink. Then you still wouldn't have a complete collection, for the original blue/greenish one is still out there. Besides I personally think the bronze one suffices as a variant, for it looks cool and has its appearance in the cartoon. The spirit is just someting made up as a "character" and cast in transparent plastic. I don't need it. Let's keep the spirits limited to 2 so that the two lucky guys owning them feel like they have someting really special. They had luck - they deserve it. And for the rest - please give us new characters and keep the variants as few as possible...

I'd like one that was cast in a smoky semi-transparent color. I just think it looks really cool. That being said, I wouldn't cry if we never got one. I'd much rather have a spectral Sorceress figure somewhere down the line.

Heroic Warrior
    Your not having it doesn't make you any less of a completist.

if everybody is equally without it except two people, you needn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonwes View Post
    i'd like one that was cast in a smoky semi-transparent color.
    yes me too!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

It would take away the purpose of the ones auctioned off that the money went for a good cause. So no I would not like them to do something similar for a mass release, as it would cheapen why they were created in the first place, for charity.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

From one completionist to another, honestly even if they did re release this figure our collections still wouldn`t be complete without at least 1 of the original 2, so therefore I`m against spending anymore money then I have to. Theres already a second King Grayskull being released and possibly a 200x version as well so I`m quite content with those

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'd like one that was cast in a smoky semi-transparent color. I just think it looks really cool. That being said, I wouldn't cry if we never got one. I'd much rather have a spectral Sorceress figure somewhere down the line.
    Crying`s for sissies!!! You`re not a sissie are ya?
    Last edited by adam03; March 18, 2009 at 10:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by poweredconvoy View Post
    It would take away the purpose of the ones auctioned off that the money went for a good cause. So no I would not like them to do something similar for a mass release, as it would cheapen why they were created in the first place, for charity.
    I gotta say I agree with Randy here. I'm a completist myself, but this figure served a purpose - and it should not be remade similarly. For the reasons Randy posted.

That being said I actually would like an entirely newly sculpted Spirit of Castle Grayskull (not "...of King Grayskull") basing on the floating skull images of the early mini-comics - obviously not only a skull in fog, something new/fresh that the 4H would come up with. I'd love for that to happen some time down the road - but I don't actually think it will...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    I really doubt enough people would actually gather to push another SoG figure but what the heck...i'd be behind it for sure.

In all respect to kero & shadowsoldier13 who are the 2 folks that own one, I personally would like to own a transparent spirit figure over my statue varient anyday.

It's all personal choice i suppose, but I'd love the one in blue, others have said green, gray, clear, or suggested other alterations. In my eyes it would be pretty sweet to have a small run of them done in the same blue but maybe with some frost painted highlights or something like that. Regardless of outcome and for all i'd care, it could come in a taped baggie or just plain bubble wrap.

I think that no matter what, both of those members who already own them will still have a special connection to their Spirit figures because of how limited they'd still be and because of the way each one was acquired attached with the special meaning behind them.
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

Considering how poorly the auction was handled (in my opinion, don't wanna start that debate anew) and neither of the two fans actually paid for the figures, I wouldn't mind seeing the figure being reissued on a larger scale.

But what about releasing a figure similar to the new Star Wars spirit figures? Transculent, but still multi-colored?

Gotta admit though, that some sort of diorama display with the old-school spirit would be a nice add-on.

"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    As someone who has always beena HUGE fan of all of teh Star Wars spirit figures, I would be all over a MOTUC spirit figure! I'm a geek for translucent toys, and I have always loved the way these look. I would love to have a Spirit of Grayskull, or any translucent MOTUC figure for that matter!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Absolutely not. The two figures made were done so for a very specific and special reason. Making more of them would, IMHO, dilute the very reason the figures were made in the first place.

As another member once said -- we can't *always* get what we want.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like the skull-and-mist Spirit of Castle Grayskull version.
    ne jabba no badda!

no thanks. petitions for this line are pointless. mattel is gonna make what they want to make. if they want fan input it'll most likely be done through polls as mentioned during the NYCC.

Sign me up!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

i dont really need it. the fact the only 2 were made keeps me from caring but i am not an completist to that degree.

I think i'd buy a spectral version like the star wars figures though. i do LOVE clear figures, specially in my lighted display .
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'd be in favor of a transparent green release of this figure. It would be close enough to the blue ones for the completist in me, without taking away from the the purpose of those unique figures.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    as cool as spirit figures are, i prefer them to be fully painted like the obi-wan figure above. Which is why i bought my kg on ebay to insure i'd get the painted version, not the statue one all one color.

If they make 'spirit' figures to go along with the regular painted ones, fine; i'd welcome them & add them to my collection. I don't mind transparent 'ghost' figures, they do look damn cool, but i like them painted as well so they don't look unfinished.

If they remade kg as just a transparent figure, i'd probably pass on it...just like i did on the bronze kg. i like my figures looking alive... not sure how a bronze statue kg could make for a fun figure, when the fully painted one looks so much better imo.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

i WOULD JUST LIKE TO HAVE THE FIGURE i THINK ITS A COOL CONCEPT AND I REALLY WANT IT. IT WAS GOOD FOR CHARITY BUT IT WOULD LOOK GREAT IN MY COLLECTION AS WELL IN ANY COLOR.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    I totally want a spirit of grayskull figure! Not because I feel like my collection is incomplete, but because it's a kick ass figure! I think they could easily release one that didn't encroach upon the uniqueness of the first two, and still give us something really cool. And if they wanted, they could donate all the proceeds to charity. Hell, I'd pay $40 for it, and still buy two.

Heroic Warrior
    No way would I accept remake, not even in some other color.

Heroic Warrior
    No! To me, King Grayskull doesn't even exist and shouldn't have even been made.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'd be down for a GREEN Spirit Of Grayskull figure. It could be one of the potential "bonus" repaint figures Toyguru talked about. If they did I would hope they include a second skull head, perhaps a reuse of scare glow or hoodless skeletor to simulate the original mini comics Sprit of Castle Grayskull floating head...That would certainly allow fans to have A spirit of Grayskull figure and keep the blue spirit special.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/cardback/PowerPage12.htm
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

The Scare Glow head idea is pretty nifty! I'd buy that for certain!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!