Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petition for a "Spirit of Grayskull" Like figure

I'd be down for something like what Lord Fallen Elder said.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior
    if u know the color of the plastic used.. why not just break him down and make your own?

I mean it could be done right?

if someone is that 'desperate' for a spirit of grey/gray? skull.. then... have someone make you one

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'd rather pay Mattel $20 instead of someone who knew how to to all that a lot more then $20.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    I'd definitely take a "Spirit" figure.

I think it looks good. I'm not tripping out for it, but if they offered it, i'd take it.

Darth Bong

I'd be interested in getting one.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Me too! Everyone should have the chance to own this figure, even if it means changing the colour from blue to green.

Heroic Warrior
    Now that i take a second look, i think the "Spirit" figure is pretty awesome!!!

Now i want it.

I always liked the translucent figures. I was a big fan of the TRON toyline. They were similar. I bought all the re-issues.

Darth Bong
    Last edited by Darth Bong; April 18, 2009 at 06:44am.

Heroic Warrior

Next Year Chase Figure: How about Spirit of Grayskull 2.0?

Witht he coming of the Spirit of Hordak chase figure... how about next year they do the King Grayskull 2.0 figure in blue translucents so we can have the eternal struggle of Hordak vs. King Grayskull? The molds are all there, and there are basically no paint apps... should be a no brainer, no?

I'm a Val-Pal.
    What about since she died in the bios and dc comic series a Spirit of the Sorceress figure?? Since SoH is aval off and on??
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'm a Val-Pal.
    And I misread lol ok the grayskull while cool to redo can't be done mattel has stated they would never redo it as it was for a great cause.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'd prefer something a little weirder like a clear Scareglow.

After the way the secret figure scenario has been received, i'm not sure it'd be welcome by most fans. Would love a Spirit of Grayskull figure without a doubt but not by obtaining it through the secret figure method of sale.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Cool idea. As a spirit, it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    What about since she died in the bios and dc comic series a Spirit of the Sorceress figure?? Since SoH is aval off and on??
    I would be against another Sorceress variant. We already got two of her
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    After the way the secret figure scenario has been received, i'm not sure it'd be welcome by most fans. Would love a Spirit of Grayskull figure without a doubt but not by obtaining it through the secret figure method of sale.
    I agree with you. I posted the thread based on excitement over the cool surprise figure. Not so excited anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by dolfanar View Post
    I agree with you. I posted the thread based on excitement over the cool surprise figure. Not so excited anymore...
    I hear what you're saying dolfanar, the speed of which SoH 'sold out' would leave anyone deflated. The surprise figure itself is cool for sure so don't give up (if you or anyone else didn't manage to bag one). IMO, it'd be more forgiving if Matty would at least let the 'lines be open' so to speak so that the sale period can last more than a couple mins, especially if they're not gonna run out of stock anytime soon.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    I hear what you're saying dolfanar, the speed of which SoH 'sold out' would leave anyone deflated. The surprise figure itself is cool for sure so don't give up (if you or anyone else didn't manage to bag one). IMO, it'd be more forgiving if Matty would at least let the 'lines be open' so to speak so that the sale period can last more than a couple mins, especially if they're not gonna run out of stock anytime soon.
    Another thought would be to do it as a single preorder-only figure (Like the Young Justice 2-pack last year).

I really like the idea of a having a clear blue Spirit of Grayskull to take on a Spirit of Hordak. It would look awesome as part of a Castle Grayskull display. They just need to go it in a way that generates excitement without ******* people off.

Or a slime pit he-man

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Spirit of Grayskull FILMATION "Dark Pink" Variant

ACCESORIES
    - 2nd Filmation Head
    - Grayskull Tombstone
    - Power Sword

triumph03.JPG
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Slime pit he-man would be kind of neat.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Sounds cool! I am in
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Personally I'd like them to change it up and make him even more different from the original. Either:

A) Make him translucent blue with lightning details all over him, or

B) Make him a dark translucent green and give him a new solid red drape to put over him like the old mini-comic idea of him on the throne.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A Spirit of Grayskull V.2 would be great!

This is the only figure that I don't have in my collection....Got the Bronze Grayskull amongst the other 3 that I ordered when this whole MOTU Classics line kicked off direct from Matty at retail. Can't beat that!

I've been half inclined to create my own Spirit of Grayskull but haven't got around to it yet. So if Matty would do another variant version, that would be great. Kind of like how they did another Grayskull to help get him into the collections of everybody who didn't get the SDCC version.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    They could use the Swift Wind buck to give us a translucent horse which they could call "The Spirit of Spirit."

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Snake Hunter-your post should have a "Like" button. YES! Filmation head would be killer, especially with a spare Doomseeker stand thrown in to have it "hover" near our Sorceress.

I think we have a couple threads like this one, but I'm all for a redo on Spirit of KG.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!