Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 468

Thread: MotUC All Things Hordak, Pics and Discussion (Reg, Hurricane, Spirit)

  1. #351
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    4th if I remember right

    There was his original drop, then they did one for Early Access last month, then he showed up on a Saturday in June and then again last night
    Well hush my mouth! lol

    That just goes to show you that he will be around frequently. I don't think fans should worry.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  2. #352
    Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Subternia
    Posts
    2,434
    I got an order in for myself and a couple friends. Thank the Elders!!!

  3. #353
    Personal Trainer Binx4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    3,094
    I got my 2 this time too! Very happy! Now I just need to get my Strobo at Power Con. Then I will be 100% complete so far. Can't wait!

  4. #354

  5. #355
    Vile'a'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    28,974
    Very cool! How often does it refresh?

  6. #356
    *batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,284
    I was able to get two yesterday
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

    www.hemanworld.com

  7. #357
    Heroic Warrior darthdrew13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Little Elm, TX
    Posts
    487
    "I got a rock."


    I'll gonna get you SOH, I'm gonna get you sucka!

    ... and not pay more than $40 shipped doing it!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

    Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

    darthdrew13's B/S/T

  8. #358
    Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Valley of Gnarl
    Posts
    219
    Grrrr! Spirit of Hordak is rapidly becoming my Holy Grail. And, worst of all, I am always away from the computer when it comes on! Still, it is quite exciting.
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

  9. #359
    #1 Extendar Fan! JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,351
    I'll get him one day...

  10. #360
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,459
    My SOH's are supposedly on their way! I am glad to finally have gotten one and i will still stands behind my disdain for this method of selling MOTUC. I don't feel accomplished or superior for owning this toy, i simply am relieved to have it. I hope Mattel does not do this again because it is overly frustrating and potentially disastrous. I remember reading that they weren't producing enough for the subbers and that is a lame idea. Subbers should always be the first thing Mattel tries to keep happy and it doesn't seem to be so.

  11. #361
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    My SOH's are supposedly on their way! I am glad to finally have gotten one and i will still stands behind my disdain for this method of selling MOTUC. I don't feel accomplished or superior for owning this toy, i simply am relieved to have it. I hope Mattel does not do this again because it is overly frustrating and potentially disastrous. I remember reading that they weren't producing enough for the subbers and that is a lame idea. Subbers should always be the first thing Mattel tries to keep happy and it doesn't seem to be so.
    Um, yeah, even less because of the fact that scalpers were buying 6 at a time....then originally selling him for way too much.

    I don't know about only subscribers though....I mean when he's sold through the site unless it's Early Access only....everyone should have a fair shot....but I do say that he should have had at least the normal production of a regular figure, not less. As subscribers we get a lot of benefits....some obviously work better that others....but fair is fair, so long as there is DOS stock, then every figure should be fair game that is produced outside the sub....and as long as there are non sub items, then....it's fair game for all, Hence the "NON-SUB" description.

    Should we get first shot? I believe so....which we didn't for SOH, so I get the frustration....but we did get the second shot....although, they should have had much more allotted, but again, there will be another EA sale for him....that much was already said.

    MOTUC has never been all in, nor will it ever likely be.

    But there should also be a given window to try to look for....kind of like waiting for the Cable guy to show up....anywhere on X day between 9am & say 12pm....or 3pm to 5pm....not one day here at 2pm..... X random days later at 8pm....another x random days random times later....

    I mean at least in retail stores you know the days when new stock comes in, so you can look for the new stuff....and try to be first. That way at least it's more fair....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; June 22, 2013 at 12:32pm.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  12. #362
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I mean at least in retail stores you know the days when new stock comes in, so you can look for the new stuff....and try to be first. That way at least it's more fair....
    To use the retail store analogy, I kind of think of SOH as sort of similar to K-Mart's old "Blue Light Special" deals (do they even do that anymore? I really hope people know what I'm referring to) where they would randomly have a worker go to a section, set up a small display of merch and make an announcement that for the next 10 minutes, that item was 30% off.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

  13. #363
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Um, yeah, even less because of the fact that scalpers were buying 6 at a time....then originally selling him for way too much.

    I don't know about only subscribers though....I mean when he's sold through the site unless it's Early Access only....everyone should have a fair shot....but I do say that he should have had at least the normal production of a regular figure, not less. As subscribers we get a lot of benefits....some obviously work better that others....but fair is fair, so long as there is DOS stock, then every figure should be fair game that is produced outside the sub....and as long as there are non sub items, then....it's fair game for all, Hence the "NON-SUB" description.

    Should we get first shot? I believe so....which we didn't for SOH, so I get the frustration....but we did get the second shot....although, they should have had much more allotted, but again, there will be another EA sale for him....that much was already said.

    MOTUC has never been all in, nor will it ever likely be.

    But there should also be a given window to try to look for....kind of like waiting for the Cable guy to show up....anywhere on X day between 9am & say 12pm....or 3pm to 5pm....not one day here at 2pm..... X random days later at 8pm....another x random days random times later....

    I mean at least in retail stores you know the days when new stock comes in, so you can look for the new stuff....and try to be first. That way at least it's more fair....
    All I'm saying is that they should have tried harder to make sub holders happy. Their early access allotment was a joke because the number sold was miniscule and did not nearly meet the demand. Just a surprise email to subscribers moments before he goes on sale would be sufficient to me.

    I agree with what you are saying about a window as well. Anything would be better than checking in every hour on the hour. And allowing people to buy 6 at a time is a HUGE problem imo. A limit of 2 per order would make much more sense to me.

  14. #364
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    3,581
    This exactly. Funny thing though....people didn't rant and rave about missing those! It was a fun while shopping and created a sense of urgency. Anyway, I wish everyone the best of luck on the hunt!


    QUOTE=Madison Carter;3275131]To use the retail store analogy, I kind of think of SOH as sort of similar to K-Mart's old "Blue Light Special" deals (do they even do that anymore? I really hope people know what I'm referring to) where they would randomly have a worker go to a section, set up a small display of merch and make an announcement that for the next 10 minutes, that item was 30% off.[/QUOTE]

  15. #365
    Heroic Warrior gummi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    204
    This strategy really has me questioning my sub purchase for next year. It's all well and good if you can be by a computer all day every day, but unfortunately a lot of us can't. I've already purchased a SOH from a member here because I know that I'm more than likely going to miss all these ridiculous 15 minute drops due to my work schedule. If I'm going to have to keep ponying up on the secondary market to get these chase figures, I may just cherry pick from now on.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

  16. #366
    Heroic Warrior horseman1981's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    377
    My issue is,this is a chase figure. TG wants to recreate the chase, the chase came at 7am when Walmart opened, or at 10 am when toysrus opened. Very rarely do stores put stuff out all day,in fact most stores get all boxes of the floor by 9am. So why not just release these darn things at noon eastern,normal sale time. Only do it here and there, but a specific time recreates the chase.....again just time not day. What is happening here is stupid,it just ticks off your average customer.

    Just my thought,but I never found a chase figure at Walmart at 7pm......but found them all the time right at opening ....7am.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

  17. #367
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    All I'm saying is that they should have tried harder to make sub holders happy. Their early access allotment was a joke because the number sold was miniscule and did not nearly meet the demand. Just a surprise email to subscribers moments before he goes on sale would be sufficient to me.

    I agree with what you are saying about a window as well. Anything would be better than checking in every hour on the hour. And allowing people to buy 6 at a time is a HUGE problem imo. A limit of 2 per order would make much more sense to me.
    No I kind of get the he should have been an Early Access first or something thing, like Strobo....but more stock would have been nice, I got him EA, but had I blinked I wouldn't have....and yeah, 2 or 3 per customer would have helped more single collectors get him, and not as many scalpers instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    To use the retail store analogy, I kind of think of SOH as sort of similar to K-Mart's old "Blue Light Special" deals (do they even do that anymore? I really hope people know what I'm referring to) where they would randomly have a worker go to a section, set up a small display of merch and make an announcement that for the next 10 minutes, that item was 30% off.
    Yes, but that was usually stuff that was sold already in the store, not something that would cause people to trample others to get it because it was something exclusive. Collectables are different....but as I said, at least you could find out when a new truck was coming in to try to be one of the first to get into retail, or when they were going to put new stock out in the case of a special item. Mattel has given no such warnings, except the one Early Access he was sold at.

    I mean damn, the one time he was up for sale around 8pm EST....that's a random as you can get....but at least he was up for like 45 minutes, and I was able to get my second one for my son, but I just got home at 10 til 9, saw it on the Org, and rushed over....just out of luck.

    I stopped collecting Hot Wheels because if K-Mart collectors days....Greedy people bringing 20 of their friends so they can each get a box, but open them all together and share the stuff while collectors like me who just want one damn car for my personal collection can't get it can only get one case and that case has nothing in it. While they get 20 of the one car I just want one of. And also at the time greedy people who think they own the store Hot Wheels display who I just said excuse me and moved right into because they were taking up the whole section so no one else could get in.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  18. #368
    Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY, USA
    Posts
    857
    I know not everyone got him this go-around, but we're in year five of a seven year toyline, at least. If you haven't got the patience to wait for him to go on sale at a time that's convenient for you, you're going to drive yourself crazy. I have a strong feeling that, like Strobo, this guy will be a cinch to get at the end of the year, when Matty wants to clear the inventory out for good.

    Deep breaths, and a reliance on serendipity, will get us all thru. Me? I was at work late on Thursday, waiting to go to a benefit dinner on the lower east side, when I decided to pop on Matty around 7:00. It was this awesome rush of "Are you kidding me? he's here, now, for the buying?" It was a pretty amazing feeling, like I'd found a pot of gold or something. Soon I'll have my Spirit of Hordak, and missing him the past 3 times and all the aggravation kind of melted away!

    Now it's about deep breaths and patience until NYCC, so I can get a couple of Strobos and get my collection back on track!
    My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena, Masque
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead, Lizzor, Hoove
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST, 4H alien 'Zodaq', Tony Guerrero Prototype

  19. #369
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,459
    My SOH's finally made it to Sparks, NV!!!!! I can't wait to finally see what all the fuss is about.

  20. #370
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    My issue is,this is a chase figure. TG wants to recreate the chase, the chase came at 7am when Walmart opened, or at 10 am when toysrus opened. Very rarely do stores put stuff out all day,in fact most stores get all boxes of the floor by 9am. So why not just release these darn things at noon eastern,normal sale time. Only do it here and there, but a specific time recreates the chase.....again just time not day. What is happening here is stupid,it just ticks off your average customer.

    Just my thought,but I never found a chase figure at Walmart at 7pm......but found them all the time right at opening ....7am.
    I tend to find the rarest and hottest finds around 2-3 a.m. myself. I just can't imagine SOH popping up then

  21. #371
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,499
    I think while this a cool and fun idea for SOH after several showings i think Matty should give him a release date of his own so fans of international time zones or US fans that cant always be near a computer can have a known chance of getting him.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  22. #372
    Heroic Warrior Memnoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    426
    My Hordak showed up today and Im fairly impressed. He's a bit squishy.. but I like him. The paint accents are done just right and that white bow is very well done but I can see some possible wilting issues in the future.

  23. #373
    Heroic Warrior wundarwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eaton OH
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    My Hordak showed up today and Im fairly impressed. He's a bit squishy.. but I like him. The paint accents are done just right and that white bow is very well done but I can see some possible wilting issues in the future.
    I got mine yesterday and noticed a terrible plastic smell. He had since lost the scent but originally he smelled awful. I do like the squishy feel and think it will ensure his longevity versus the previous clear figures. I like the figure quite well but wish the headache to get him was avoided.

  24. #374
    A Real Master Of Arms nato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,114
    I got my "Aunt Flo" Hordak on Friday. It's pretty awesome looking, and I'm one that hates variants, but a sucker for translucent figures. The one thing that I did do was take off the Horde armband and gave it to Octavia as a garter, since I did the same with thing for Catra with Rattlor's arm band. (Original idea was not my own).
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

    Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

  25. #375
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I got my "Aunt Flo" Hordak on Friday. It's pretty awesome looking, and I'm one that hates variants, but a sucker for translucent figures. The one thing that I did do was take off the Horde armband and gave it to Octavia as a garter, since I did the same with thing for Catra with Rattlor's arm band. (Original idea was not my own).
    I personally do like properly done, or Vintage variants....IE....ones I had and have a connetcion with....or just ones that look awesome and weren't done just to have a reason to reuse a mold....cough....cough....useless Transformers variants....cough....movie Bumblebees....

    But I too, love translucent figures....and that is the main reason....but not the only reason I was ticked I missed him the first time....but I got mine during Early Access....and another the next sale after, the one at 8pm on the 1st....I believe....that one, for my son. And I do love the figure, I was one that legitamately wanted the figure not just because of having to chase his ass down, and say I have it....but to make him a part of my collection because I really liked the figure.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •