Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC All Things Hordak, Pics and Discussion (Reg, Hurricane, Spirit)

'Ol Hordak showed up! He's about as cool as any translucent figure can be, which is pretty cool by my standards. He's a tiny bit pink in certain light, but that doesn't matter. His parts are way fun for swapping and he looks cool on his own, so of course I'm still thinking of trying for another at some point, but we'll see how luck treats me. For now: I got my one, and that suits me fine!

The crossbow is kinda boring, though. No idea why people wanted the white one so badly - it looks terrible with normal Hordak. The silver one never looked good either; I thought his normal black one was perfect. SOOO...for lack of a better place, I'm giving the white one to Skeletor during his short stint with the Horde. Ya know...bone white. Seems to make sense.
    Last edited by Alexx; June 30, 2013 at 02:14am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ackaged2-3.png

'Ol Hordak showed up! He's about as cool as any translucent figure can be, which is pretty cool by my standards. He's a tiny bit pink in certain light, but that doesn't matter. His parts are way fun for swapping and he looks cool on his own, so of course I'm still thinking of trying for another at some point, but we'll see how luck treats me. For now: I got my one, and that suits me fine!

The crossbow is kinda boring, though. No idea why people wanted the white one so badly - it looks terrible with normal Hordak. The silver one never looked good either; I thought his normal black one was perfect. SOOO...for lack of a better place, I'm giving the white one to Skeletor during his short stint with the Horde. Ya know...bone white. Seems to make sense.
    That's why my white crossbow will go to the Horde troopers when they arrive
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Flutterina, and Tung Lashor

You know, I am still wondering why Hordak wears a Horde armband. He's the friggin' leader! and he has the logo on his chest too. (Most Horde members do). I would thnk the armbands would be for Horde members with no other designation on their outfit.

Just my 2 ¢
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Good point, darthdrew13. That's why I gave Cy-Chop the Horde armband from Rattlor but I guess having had Hordak in my figure collection since the age of 6, I never questioned it before.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    You know, I am still wondering why Hordak wears a Horde armband. He's the friggin' leader! and he has the logo on his chest too. (Most Horde members do). I would thnk the armbands would be for Horde members with no other designation on their outfit.

Just my 2 ¢
    You could use the armbands on the Foe Men....that way still displaying the Vehicle crests, yet still making them part of the Horde....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yeha, I just looked at the vintage fig and a few Filmation screenshots. He does have the same armband on the vintage fig and he has 2 black arm bands on each bicep in the cartoons. So, I'll keep the arm band on my Hordak for now, but if I need one, I'll temporarily move it to another fig. I would like to see a couple extras added to the next weapons pack.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by Is-rael View Post
    You know with a red bulb he probably looks awesome, but just on a shelf with other fellows he looks a little odd to me.
    My personal one is still MOSC....and he doesn't look too bad in there, when I need pics for his ad, and my site....I'll use my sons figure.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

So.. Spirit of Hordak, both figure and concept, are inaccurate to MOTUC. The mini-comics show that Hordak lost his arm to Grayskull in the First Ultimate Battle.. yet he has it when he tutors Keldor years later? Does Hordak regrow limbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    So.. Spirit of Hordak, both figure and concept, are inaccurate to MOTUC. The mini-comics show that Hordak lost his arm to Grayskull in the First Ultimate Battle.. yet he has it when he tutors Keldor years later? Does Hordak regrow limbs?
    Maybe this explains Filmation Hordak's appearance change, if he ever gets a figure, being he is mostly mechanical?.... as for the Spirit, it's his spirit, of course it's in one piece.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
    It's a spirit as a non-corporal entity, it can appear what ever way it wants.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    You could use the armbands on the Foe Men....that way still displaying the Vehicle crests, yet still making them part of the Horde....
    I have arm bands on Optikk, Slush Head, and Karatii. They're the deep space Horde reinforcements.

The red armband would look great on Laser Lot...

THE SPIRIT is back up on mattycollector right now

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    Max order quantity is 6.

http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/s...ctID=280980000

- - - Updated - - -

Spirit of Hordak™ Figure
    Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde

$25.00

Maximum order quantity: 6

Qty

Congratulations! By magic or by luck, you’ve found a secret figure! Now you see him… but this master of manipulation can disappear at any moment so act quickly!

This all-clear figure features painted red eyes, chest emblem and removable armband, and comes with a fan-demanded Hordak® cross bow in vintage white. Trust us, this visitor from the dark dimension is up to no good… but you’ll have to get the figure to see his complete bio. Straight from the 2013 mini-comic, “The Secret Origin of Skeletor,” this highly collectable figure is not available with Club Eternia® subscriptions or even during regular monthly sales, so make sure you check back often to try to catch him the next time he decides to project onto this page!

Please Note: This item is on its way to our warehouse! The expected availability is 5/10/13; items ordered at the same time will be held until this one arrives.

You must be 18 or older to purchase this product.

Man, I missed him again! Gaaaaah!

WOO HOO!!! I finally got him! WIN!

i give up. "the hunt" is my least favorite part of toy collecting. especially in light of the scalper situation at SDCC this and previous years.

if SoH goes on sale during a time when i'm informed, when i don't have to just guess or check websites all day, i may buy him. but probably not. i hate things like this.

i'll just bask in the glow of my reduced priced Big Lots figures instead!

Frustrated yet again! I wonder how many more times I'll have to shrug off this UGH moment until I finally snag this dude!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Missed him again. Such an unnecessary headache trying to get this guy. I may just ebay him down the road.

My long national action figure nightmare is over. At last, I was finally able to snag Mountain Dew Code Red Hordak today.

Mattel, let's NEVER EVER do "secret" figures again, m'kay?
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Bets on SOH showing up for sale on Monday? With All access for SDCC stuff and with the Apache errors today, I'd say it's something Matty should consider doing.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Bets on SOH showing up for sale on Monday? With All access for SDCC stuff and with the Apache errors today, I'd say it's something Matty should consider doing.
    Or maybe later today?
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

evenpossible

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    I hope he does pop up again. I am sick of missing out on him. I too am getting to the point of just ordering him on ebay. I am willing to hold off a bit longer but really this figures release is really annoying.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar

Just came to announce the same thing. I finally got him