Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: MotUC All Things Hordak, Pics and Discussion (Reg, Hurricane, Spirit)

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    Gone already...

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    i finally ordered one but i hate this random sale nonsense. if they want to sell subs they should sell the rest of the stock at next month's early access.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

What do you think of Spirit of Hordak?

So The Spirit of Hordak made his appearance on MattyCollector.com last night again.

Again I missed him!

What do you guys think about the whole idea of him making appearance and just to disappear again for a couple of weeks!

I personally think it’s a stupid idea and Mattel should put SOH in the Matty Store and give all of us a chance to buy him!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottie View Post
    So The Spirit of Hordak made his appearance on MattyCollector.com last night again.

Again I missed him!

What do you guys think about the whole idea of him making appearance and just to disappear again for a couple of weeks!

I personally think it’s a stupid idea and Mattel should put SOH in the Matty Store and give all of us a chance to buy him!
    As someone who has missed out on him every time I agree. I want to give my money to Mattel and they don't want it apparently. It is not fun constantly watching for his sale only to miss out on him because they decided to randomly issue him while I happen to be looking away for a moment. In fact some of the fun was sucked out the line for me with his release. Just plain annoying.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Well I think it's a way for them to add excitement to a figure who many people might not want to buy if it was a normal release. Since people feel the window of opportunity to purchase him is so short they might jump on him whereas if he was going to be sitting there all the time they might wait longer, think about it, and decide they don't need him. And by doing the repeated sales windows for him they can repeat this excitement over and over vs. just having a one-day sale event like they usually do. So it may be an ingenious way of moving a figure many people might not buy otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    Well I think it's a way for them to add excitement for a figure
    I think you could have stopped right here and been dead on. I sincerely doubt they thought up 'Spirit of Hordak' as a figure no one would want and then sandwiched him into the lineup as a sometimes on sale item to generate a fanbase for it. It's clear from the online talk, fans I talk to in person, and the quick sell outs of this figure that people ARE excited about him. Be it his limited nature or the coolness of the concept in general, it really doesn't matter. The end result is people are liking him. There will always be those who are butt sore over missing out on the sale, but I'd say more than a few people are liking the concept as a whole. Or are at least willing to play the game of trying to get one. And that IS generating excitement. However, obviously YMMV as to whether this excitement is heart attack inducing paranoia or joy.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I need to buy a couple

i have to say again, having only this thread to announce sales is stupid. i've given up on this Gorn-damned figure and Matty's lame attempts at "fun." however, if i was interested, this thread and it's subject wouldn't do me much good.

You can subscribe to this thread to get e-mail updates when a new post is made. It's not that busy, it had no posts between the 19th and the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    i have to say again, having only this thread to announce sales is stupid. i've given up on this Gorn-damned figure and Matty's lame attempts at "fun." however, if i was interested, this thread and it's subject wouldn't do me much good.
    People start a new thread when sales are up. It just gets locked when the sale is done.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

There are also other ways to get the news as well. I know there were Facebook posts and Twitter Tweets about it(the Fwoosh sent out the heads up to it's friends and followers, I know). I get updates from those social media sites straight to my smart phone.

Not that I agree with the random guerilla marketing approach - but it's hard to deny that it's been effective in driving up demand for something that likely would have been trashed as cheap garbage if it had been insterted as a quarterly variant release.

My guess is that if you really want one, you can try to plug in using social media to finally get in on one of the random appearances... but also I predict the balance of the figure stock will go up for sale at the end of the year - either during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday push or in December's sales window. I don't think anybody should panic about not having him until around Christmas.

I've decided that in my cannon SOH will be Hordak infused with some great power. He will be more of a God at that level.

But who wants to subscribe to a web site's entire feed just to look for SOH updates? Starting new threads for SOH also doesn't help unless you're constantly looking at this forum. The best thing is to have a single thread like this and click the option to subscribe to it. Since this thread isn't that high-traffic you can just check your e-mail to see when a new post is made every so often and eventually it'll be SOH.

Court Magician
    I still miss SOH, wish I get him soon

I just can't seem to bring myself to pick SOH up. I've had him in my cart on two different occasions and keep talking myself out of the purchase. I hate the way the armor doesn't extend all the way down to Hordak's waist. It kills the aesthetics of the figure for me. I lived with it on the regular release just because it's Hordak. I just can't seem to get over my loathing of it enough to pick up this variant.

Strongdar, I very much want to ask you where you avatar is from, but your private message quota has been reached!

Also - I so don't see what the hype is over this figure. This sculpt of Hordak does nothing for me (Filmation Hordak rules!) and casting him in red doesn't really improve it. Can't folks just point a red light at their existing Hordak figure and go "woooo....Wooooo!!!" and get the same effect?

Is there a delay on SOH that Im not aware of? Ive been waiting ages for mine to arrive.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Is there a delay on SOH that Im not aware of? Ive been waiting ages for mine to arrive.
    I 've been waiting for SOH for more than one month now. I remember that during the last sale they said that SOH would ship in September but since I got the shipping confirmation I was not worry. Anyway, during this year the international shipping was awful. I never received a single shipment in less than one month and I never received FFM and Karatti.

Heroic Warrior
    I got my SoH months ago and have yet to open it. It's fairly rare, and a cool novelty item. I'd love to open it, but...

I've always been refreshing the mattycollector site everyday in the hope of getting him but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I got my SoH months ago and have yet to open it. It's fairly rare, and a cool novelty item. I'd love to open it, but...
    I never opened mine, my son plays with his, but mine is hanging on my display room wall.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    I just can't seem to bring myself to pick SOH up. I've had him in my cart on two different occasions and keep talking myself out of the purchase. I hate the way the armor doesn't extend all the way down to Hordak's waist. It kills the aesthetics of the figure for me. I lived with it on the regular release just because it's Hordak. I just can't seem to get over my loathing of it enough to pick up this variant.
    If its any consolation, he has the HH torso (no bellybutton).
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Court Magician
    I've missed Spirit of Hordak 5 times. As far as I could tell he didn't go on sale at all throughout September. I noticed today, that his page didn't say he was in hiding, it said congrats you found him, but I can't buy him, because his page keeps saying 'currently unavailable'. I've been refreshing for 9 hours and the message isn't changing to 'add to cart'. They say something about the stock will arriving Saturday, but Digital River don't work on weekends. Does anyone know what's going on?

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blazingcomet2003 View Post
    I've missed Spirit of Hordak 5 times. As far as I could tell he didn't go on sale at all throughout September. I noticed today, that his page didn't say he was in hiding, it said congrats you found him, but I can't buy him, because his page keeps saying 'currently unavailable'. I've been refreshing for 9 hours and the message isn't changing to 'add to cart'. They say something about the stock will arriving Saturday, but Digital River don't work on weekends. Does anyone know what's going on?
    Yeah. Having the same issue. There he is but not available. Boo! I wonder what this means?
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blazingcomet2003 View Post
    That expected availability message has been there for a long time. It was for May 10, 2013 (which is how we read 5/10/2013 in the US).
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.