Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: MotUC All Things Hordak, Pics and Discussion (Reg, Hurricane, Spirit)

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    That expected availability message has been there for a long time. It was for May 10, 2013 (which is how we read 5/10/2013 in the US).
    I forgot all about the US date thing! The rest of it is strange though, usually when he's unavailable it says 'Hordak is back in hiding' as we all know, but at the moment he's there as if you can buy him, except it says 'currently unavailable instead of 'add to cart' and it's been like it for nearly a whole day, I just find it so weird and frustrating.

Yeah, I noticed the page was different last night. I was so excited when I saw him actually there! Until I realized there was no button.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

He is up right now. Just bought myself a pair.

Just got one! Finally!

Court Magician
    I finally got one too, can't believe it!

Widget
    I got one as well.

Got one too, finally!

Heroic Warrior
    Went over as soon as I saw the thread. Thankfully, I wasn't too late. Picked 1 up.

I finally managed to get him, FINALLY!!!

He's sold out now!

Quote Originally Posted by koolas View Post
    He's sold out now!
    SOLD OUT??! or Back in Hiding?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
    SOLD OUT??! or Back in Hiding?
    If you search for him, it'll show Sold Out. And if you click on his link, it will show back in hiding.
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...eywords=Hordak

ugh. i really hope they NEVER do a figure like this again, under any circumstance. i missed out every time and washed my hands of the figure. the unfortunate part is that there are certainly more figures that subscribers will have to fight for.

especially in the light of "if supplies last" that ToyGuru recently said regarding the December online sale of Strobo.

Widget
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I missed him!!! Wow. So heartbroken right now. So crushed.

The nice part is that at least it was open nearly an hour this time. So it seems to be increasing each time it comes back.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The nice part is that at least it was open nearly an hour this time. So it seems to be increasing each time it comes back.
    I hope so. Man my weekend is ruined =(

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seien View Post
    I hope so. Man my weekend is ruined =(
    Same here. Saw him unavailable for over a day but not in hiding. I eventually thought it must be a glitch. Then they put him up for sale. This still remains a frustration and an annoyance. He is early access again at some point isn't he?
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    Same here. Saw him unavailable for over a day but not in hiding. I eventually thought it must be a glitch. Then they put him up for sale. This still remains a frustration and an annoyance. He is early access again at some point isn't he?
    Pretty sure Scott said in December during a Pixel Dan walkthrough at Power-Con.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Most of the time he seems to pop up on Fridays, so if there's a next time that his page shows up not in hiding but unavailable during the week my suggestion is to pay close attention to the site on the Friday. But this may be the last time until the final early access of the year where toyguru has said he'd be available.

Just got Hordak, I have questions

Okay, so thanks to CharlieCore, I was able to pick up a MOC Hordak. But here's the thing, Hordak is my #1, tip-top, no-one-comes-close, favorite character. While this figure is amazing, he doesn't fit my "Ultimate Hordak". So I was hoping that you guys-n-gals can answer some questions regarding some points on some other figures for me.

1) I have watched several reviews and they claim and show that Hurricane Hordak has a darker skin tone. Mine is a re-release and appears to be slightly darker than the reviews show. Can a kind soul take a pic showing the 3 Hordak figs together for a comparison shot please.

2) I also noticed a distinct pinkish fleshy wash on his head. Are they all like that, or is there one who has an off white bone look to it?

3) Hordak's furry bits are pretty stiff. (don't go there) is the H.H. variant one softer. My Hordak has a real issue sitting.

Thanks for any and all help / answers.

M
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post
    Okay, so thanks to CharlieCore, I was able to pick up a MOC Hordak. But here's the thing, Hordak is my #1, tip-top, no-one-comes-close, favorite character. While this figure is amazing, he doesn't fit my "Ultimate Hordak". So I was hoping that you guys-n-gals can answer some questions regarding some points on some other figures for me.

1) I have watched several reviews and they claim and show that Hurricane Hordak has a darker skin tone. Mine is a re-release and appears to be slightly darker than the reviews show. Can a kind soul take a pic showing the 3 Hordak figs together for a comparison shot please.

2) I also noticed a distinct pinkish fleshy wash on his head. Are they all like that, or is there one who has an off white bone look to it?

3) Hordak's furry bits are pretty stiff. (don't go there) is the H.H. variant one softer. My Hordak has a real issue sitting.

M
    1. there isn't any color differnece between the 1st and 2nd release hordak. I have them here in fronr of me and there is no change. however, hurricane hordak is indeed a different shade.

2. there is a wash on all my hordaks. They vary from figure to figure. I can see how one would see that it looks pink but most are a brownish wash which makes the head look off white overall

3. Hordak's furry shorts were always stiffer as he was produced before they started making them a bit more flexible
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    A slight update on the "updated filmation" look:

Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post

M
    Hurricane Hordak's briefs are still just as hard.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

YUP. just found that out when mine arrived. Oh well, I can still use the cowl to ditch the cape. Anyone have a suggestion for a soft replacement?
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Spirit of Hordak is for sale right now!!!!