View Poll Results: Which Tour do you want most?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Gar (Keldor's blue elfish race)

48 21.92%
  • Berserker Islands

13 5.94%
  • Preternia: The Giants

23 10.50%
  • Preternia: The Council of Elders

48 21.92%
  • Insectoids (Polti, Kex, Tycons, Arachnoids, etc)

32 14.61%
  • Preternia: Zalecia

15 6.85%
  • Frozen North (Ice people, Stilla, Lord of FN, etc)

14 6.39%
  • Darksmoke

19 8.68%
  • Reptons

2 0.91%
  • Manotaurs

5 2.28%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tours of Eternia Roundup

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    well i like insect people...and i know gbagok was ok last i posted art from bug-shido so i hope he will forgive me again
    Ya I like insect ppl as well..especially when they are Horde Members

Now that is a seriously cool picture, makes me seriously wish I could afford to commision one of my characters.

Oh and what race or group is "Darksmoke" ?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Movie mayhem!
    Who/what is dark smoke?

It's the realm of the dragons located deep with in crystal canyons & home to Granamyr in the Filmation series.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

gatchagrey, that's beautiful art! Is that an insect person? I can't really tell, he looks more like he'd fit in with the Fire People (or Anwat Gar, since that's kind of Eternia's Asia).

EDIT: Oh, I see the antenna now! The hands and feet threw me!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Oh and what race or group is "Darksmoke" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Who/what is dark smoke?
    OMG, you guys don't know about the Dragons of Darksmoke? Patreek, how is that possible, dude!? 2-Bad is correct, they were dragons from the Filmation series. They were talking and sentient, something MYP couldn't comprehend very well, but I've forgiven them now that they can cause no more damage.

Check out the Filmation series, episodes "The Dragon's Gift" and "The Return of Granamyr" in the season 1 vol 2 set. "Battle of the Dragons" also featured them, and Granamyr was in an episode of She-Ra as well. See also the Book of Evil Part 1 story that Iceman and I did that features my redesign of Granamyr.

Also, the Reptons were the reptilian race in the Filmation series and were featured in loosely related appearances, often called "reptile men." They were named Reptons and given more of an identity in of the last episodes of the show: "The Cold Zone." They predated the Snake Men, and were credited as Kobra Kahn's people, but I proposed a retcon in The Slave City--another fan project Iceman and I produced--that allowed them to exist together in the same canon. 2-Bad added to their story in his excellent Kobra Kahn Icon of Evil project. Hey, where's Iguanos, 2-Bad?

Zalecia is the city ruled by the Faceless One while he was alive in Preternia.

The Frozen North is kind of a catch all for several groups that I didn't think would be worth a whole tour of their own like the Kulataks from Stilla, the Lord of the Frozen North and his daughter, Ice trolls, etc.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 8, 2009 at 12:04am.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    gatchagrey, that's beautiful art! Is that an insect person? I can't really tell, he looks more like he'd fit in with the Fire People (or Anwat Gar, since that's kind of Eternia's Asia).

EDIT: Oh, I see the antenna now! The hands and feet threw me!
    I dont think its a MOTU fan character its one of gatches Bugshigo characters (his own property). I think he was just showing us since we were talking about bug folks.

OMG, you guys don't know about the Dragons of Darksmoke? Patreek, how is that possible, dude!? 2-Bad is correct, they were dragons from the Filmation series. They were talking and sentient, something MYP couldn't comprehend very well, but I've forgiven them now that they can cause no more damage.

Check out the Filmation series, episodes "The Dragon's Gift" and "The Return of Granamyr" in the season 1 vol 2 set. "Battle of the Dragons" also featured them, and Granamyr was in an episode of She-Ra as well. See also the Book of Evil Part 1 story that Iceman and I did that features my redesign of Granamyr.

Also, the Reptons were the reptilian race in the Filmation series and were featured in loosely related appearances, often called "reptile men." They were named Reptons and given more of an identity in of the last episodes of the show: "The Cold Zone." They predated the Snake Men, and were credited as Kobra Kahn's people, but I proposed a retcon in The Slave City--another fan project Iceman and I produced--that allowed them to exist together in the same canon. 2-Bad added to their story in his excellent Kobra Kahn Icon of Evil project. Hey, where's Iguanos, 2-Bad?

Zalecia is the city ruled by the Faceless One while he was alive in Preternia.

The Frozen North is kind of a catch all for several groups that I didn't think would be worth a whole tour of their own like the Kulataks from Stilla, the Lord of the Frozen North and his daughter, Ice trolls, etc.
    UGH now this just sounds too cool, i'm going to have to break my dvd's out again!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    And you thought you'd heard the last of the bug characters! :P

But you didn't count on the ever-stealthy Flap-Fright popping out of the woodwork! HA HA!

Seriously, who doesn't love bug guys?
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

yeah he is called firefly here is another version done of him...

btw the guy who did the first version i posted is also doing a copy-cat pic for me...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Its looking like the Gar's have it
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Its looking like the Gar's have it
    Booooooooooooooo
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I assume he is an evil warrior.
    We'll have to ask Idiotfool cause he was the one who came up with the concept.
    Originally, the concept was that he was a mutated Andreenid with the power of fire and opposable thumbs. Ostracized and outcast, he turned to criminal activities. Eventually, he was approached by Skeletor to use his powers of flight and fire to "burn He-Man and those do-gooders to a crisp! Hehehehahahahaha!"
    Like customizing classic figs? Want to play the part of Mattel and design figures from existing fodder but you lack supplies? Bored?! Then try out the Classic Character Creation Compiler today!

Wow, the Gar are just barely edging out the Council of Elders. I'm surprised by how close this one is!

I voted for Council of Elders because they interest me more than the Gar

When does the voting end?

It's open ended. I didn't include an end date because I prefer to see how tastes change over time. I'm taking all the tours with the most votes into consideration and trying to spend the most time on the ones with the most support. Of course there's at least two tours that are almost done before I post the ones on this list.

IQ test results: negative sdilks's Avatar
    Alright! Enough is enough, people!

I'm running out of hard drive space saving all of these pic's!!!

So just stop already. No. No, really don't stop. I can buy a new hard drive. A really BIG one!

Keep it coming! I love your art gbagok!!!!!!
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that none of it has tried to contact us." -B.W.

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    he is on my list...
    right under spyfly....

mr. sensitive....
    i love the style...great work.

I absolutely love these tours. Great style gbagok! I can't stop looking at you pics

Keep them going!
    Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, eh?

I have the Chocolate!

Heroic Warrior
    Can't pick just one. I WANT THEM ALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Fire fly is by Idiotfool AND this is a custom made of the character:

WOW! Great custom.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Awesome pics!!

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Had to go with Dark Smoke. Granamyr (spelling?) and the dragons need to be showcased!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I just popped in here and I'm impressed with the artwork. Very detailed.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

This is going to be a strange update. I have some previews of the REDUX I'm doing on some older tours, and a peak at one upcoming tour...that's not any of the options on here. I know, I'm just rotten. Actually I'm still trying to finish the tours that were almost done a year ago ("trying" meaning I get work on them once in a blue moon). I promise insectoids and Elders will be coming though.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    This is going to be a strange update. I have some previews of the REDUX I'm doing on some older tours, and a peak at one upcoming tour...that's not any of the options on here. I know, I'm just rotten. Actually I'm still trying to finish the tours that were almost done a year ago ("trying" meaning I get work on them once in a blue moon). I promise insectoids and Elders will be coming though.

Your work as always, is awesome, GBAGOK.

I'd love to see a tour based on the different factions (all Masters, all Evil Warriors, etc.).... Unless I've missed that?

I look forward to the updates or Redux as you call it

Thanks, guys! I'm working on them and BoE all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    I'd love to see a tour based on the different factions (all Masters, all Evil Warriors, etc.).... Unless I've missed that?
    You haven't missed them, they're still a work in progress. I think all the Evil Warriors will be in Snake Mountain, but the Heroic Warriors may need their own at some point since they're divided up into Avion, Andreenos, Eternos, etc. The Snake Men are the only main faction to get their own tour so far. I'd have called theirs Snake Mountain, but they've kind of vacated the place.