View Poll Results: Which Tour do you want most?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Gar (Keldor's blue elfish race)

48 21.92%
  • Berserker Islands

13 5.94%
  • Preternia: The Giants

23 10.50%
  • Preternia: The Council of Elders

48 21.92%
  • Insectoids (Polti, Kex, Tycons, Arachnoids, etc)

32 14.61%
  • Preternia: Zalecia

15 6.85%
  • Frozen North (Ice people, Stilla, Lord of FN, etc)

14 6.39%
  • Darksmoke

19 8.68%
  • Reptons

2 0.91%
  • Manotaurs

5 2.28%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tours of Eternia Roundup

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    You need a website for all your great work. It's really hard tracking everything you've done here over the years. You have become one of my favorite MOTU artists.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I always love how your stuff looks so much like the cartoon Gbagok. Nice job. I always look forward to your updates. If I had any crit, it would be that they don't come often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    You need a website for all your great work. It's really hard tracking everything you've done here over the years. You have become one of my favorite MOTU artists.
    I think the same thing.
    Congratulations, and we expect to see more of your art works very soon.

When will we get to see the full pics of the images you've been using in your avatars? I've noticed that they get updated to match the upcoming MotUC releases ...

^ Hmm, I didn't even think of that. Most of them are either in a tour of Eternia, or in Book of Evil. The backgrounds are just randomly chosen from screenshots though, so there's usually not a full picture to show for each avatar.

Here's some I didn't have done in time:

Speaking of Book of Evil... (you know it was coming), got a date for part 2 yet?

Theres still a fair amount of artwork to be done and coloured etc, but it's getting closer to completion!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Wow, it's a good thing I thought of a reason to include Council of Elders in a Book of Evil image. BoE is closer to getting done and their tour is nearly complete now--more than it was just a few weeks ago. Yay for progress!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    YAY! That sounds like great news!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

The anticipation mounts

Can't wait for BoE 2

Hey GBAGOK, do you happen to have a pic of Prince Adam and Princess Adora together, and/or perhaps the entire royal family?
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Hey GBAGOK, do you happen to have a pic of Prince Adam and Princess Adora together, and/or perhaps the entire royal family?
    Yes, but I'll save the bigger pic for the Tour of Eternia. In the meantime, here's a teaser:

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Is it bad that I hunted for the like option under the pic.

Too much FACEBOOK!!!

I recognised everyone bar the asian chap next to Marlena and the blonde dude next to Snout-Spout water fountain.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I've been looking for the like button too...

Can't wait to see more of these wonders.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Just curious

GBAGOK, have a question for u. I saw that u have a Tour of Grayskull coming up soon (let's be honest, I'm looking forward to all upcoming tours and stories from u LOL). In the Grayskull tour, could we possibly see a 200X He-Man in the classic colors garb (cross emblem, etc.)?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hey, I notice that the mysterious and powerful GAR are the next in line after Preternia. Have you had any time to do any designing and drawing on those?

I wager they're quite a long time away, but I wager it's one of the smaller tours, so hopefully it won't be too hard to put together.

And I wholeheartedly agree! You need a new website. Maybe you could ask us guys, for help with design and coding? We could make it a fan-project! I wager it would get done in no-time, with all of the talent that is available around here.

Great tour!!

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Hey, I notice that the mysterious and powerful GAR are the next in line after Preternia. Have you had any time to do any designing and drawing on those?

I wager they're quite a long time away, but I wager it's one of the smaller tours, so hopefully it won't be too hard to put together.
    I have worked on them, and it's not so small a tour now. I've worked out 7 different cultures within the overall group. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to include Kronis and Tuvar's races as part of the Gar, perhaps as servant clans (and non magical). It seems interesting, but also kind of over-the-top. Tuvar and Kronis are visually still more unique than Keldor and could be the only ones of their respective kinds on Eternia. Anyway, that tour might not be too far off really.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    And I wholeheartedly agree! You need a new website. Maybe you could ask us guys, for help with design and coding? We could make it a fan-project! I wager it would get done in no-time, with all of the talent that is available around here.
    It'd be awesome, but at the moment everything is in a state of incompleteness. I'm brushing up all the tours, and still working on the projects with Iceman. It will happen some day!

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    GBAGOK, have a question for u. I saw that u have a Tour of Grayskull coming up soon (let's be honest, I'm looking forward to all upcoming tours and stories from u LOL). In the Grayskull tour, could we possibly see a 200X He-Man in the classic colors garb (cross emblem, etc.)?
    Yes, you will. Maybe even with classic sword!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I have worked on them, and it's not so small a tour now. I've worked out 7 different cultures within the overall group. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to include Kronis and Tuvar's races as part of the Gar, perhaps as servant clans (and non magical). It seems interesting, but also kind of over-the-top. Tuvar and Kronis are visually still more unique than Keldor and could be the only ones of their respective kinds on Eternia. Anyway, that tour might not be too far off really.

It'd be awesome, but at the moment everything is in a state of incompleteness. I'm brushing up all the tours, and still working on the projects with Iceman. It will happen some day!

Yes, you will. Maybe even with classic sword!
    Damn, I just gagged LOL.....Can't wait to see all the upcoming tours

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

I personally LOVE the idea of Kronis and Tuvar being Gars!! Kronis was pretty much a done deal in my mind anyways, but I'd never thought about Tuvar, but since you mentioned it, it makes perfect sense!!!

Please make it happen!!! *bangs fork & knife on table*

I'm sorry but reading what I've read so far makes me wonder. Would Sy-Klone be considered a Gar? I'm asking because of where he's originally from: Anwat Gar. And if so, would others like him, Su-Nami for example, also be Gars?

Also could someone help me with knowing the different races and factions, good and evil, on Eternia? Although imma huge fan, I feel like I'm far behind everyone here. Thanks
    Last edited by Alleyezon4; April 15, 2010 at 06:46am.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    I'm sorry but reading what I've read so far makes me wonder. Would Sy-Klone be considered a Gar? I'm asking because of where he's originally from: Anwat Gar. And if so, would others like him, Su-Nami for example, also be Gars?
    Sy-Klone isn't originally from Anwat Gar. He was the last defender of Anwat Gar. (though he still could be Gar, and just hail from some other place)
    Su-Nami, being a fan-created character, is meant to be Gar, as I see it.

But the Gar-name for the blue-skinned race seems to be derived from Anwat Gar.
    I actually would like to know, where this name has been mentioned in official terms for the first time? If someone can
    help me, I'd appreciate it. I seem to remember it being mentioned in Q&A, but is there any earlier source?

Kronis was pretty much a done deal in my mind anyways
    I found you more info on Kronis.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    You've got official word from Ian Richter and me:Keldor is Gar, Sy-Klone is Gar, Kronis isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Sy-Klone isn't originally from Anwat Gar. He was the last defender of Anwat Gar. (though he still could be Gar, and just hail from some other place)

I actually would like to know, where this name has been mentioned in official terms for the first time? If someone can
    help me, I'd appreciate it. I seem to remember it being mentioned in Q&A, but is there any earlier source?

Mehh, In my MOTU, Kronis is Gar, so that's all that matters.

Mehh, In my MOTU, Kronis is Gar, so that's all that matters.
    And you can quote yourself on that.

My interpretation, as far as the fan stories of Return to Anwat Gar and Book of Evil are concerned, is that Anwat Gar was a civilization built on the alliance of two cultures, human and Gar, coming together. The Gar brought magic and the humans brought technology. I've more or less disregarded that Sy-Klone wasn't meant to be a citizen of Anwat Gar--just applied that to his people being immigrants. Anwat Gar was a rare situation though, and only one other Gar city has a similarly integrated population.

Ah, okay, thank you! That settles that. Kronis seemed more like he could be related to the Gar than Tuvar, so I'll just avoid connecting either of them for now. I'd have been surprised if Sy-Klone wasn't a Gar, what with him just happening to be in a place with Gar in its name and having that same sky-blue complexion as Keldor, Vormus, Shokoti, Jarvan and so on. The real question is if all those vulcan-eared characters from Filmation (Prince Zed and Romeo from the Horde, Vokan from Stone City) were related to the Gar despite having caucasian skin tones.