View Poll Results: Which Tour do you want most?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Gar (Keldor's blue elfish race)

48 22.22%
  • Berserker Islands

13 6.02%
  • Preternia: The Giants

23 10.65%
  • Preternia: The Council of Elders

48 22.22%
  • Insectoids (Polti, Kex, Tycons, Arachnoids, etc)

32 14.81%
  • Preternia: Zalecia

15 6.94%
  • Frozen North (Ice people, Stilla, Lord of FN, etc)

13 6.02%
  • Darksmoke

18 8.33%
  • Reptons

1 0.46%
  • Manotaurs

5 2.31%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tours of Eternia Roundup

Never thought about that GBAGOK. That is an interesting question. But if like u said that the Anwat Gar civilization is a combination of Gar and Human cultures, stands to reason that they could be human ancestors maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    Never thought about that GBAGOK. That is an interesting question. But if like u said that the Anwat Gar civilization is a combination of Gar and Human cultures, stands to reason that they could be human ancestors maybe.
    I don't see them like that exactly. They obviously can cross breed with humans (Keldor), but I had in mind that they are not from Eternia originally. Their general resemblance to humans and the genetic compatibility suggests there's some kind of link, but I had it mind that it was mystical and by design of the Creators of the Universe rather than shared "natural" heritage. Consider that, if as in MYP's plan for Marlena to be part Gar as well, He-Man would then have both Human and Gar ancestors (and, for that matter, so does Skeletor).

Oh ok, I got u. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't see them like that exactly. They obviously can cross breed with humans (Keldor), but I had in mind that they are not from Eternia originally. Their general resemblance to humans and the genetic compatibility suggests there's some kind of link, but I had it mind that it was mystical and by design of the Creators of the Universe rather than shared "natural" heritage. Consider that, if as in MYP's plan for Marlena to be part Gar as well, He-Man would then have both Human and Gar ancestors (and, for that matter, so does Skeletor).
    That just reeks of awesomeness.

Thanks Gbagok!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Sy-Klone isn't originally from Anwat Gar. He was the last defender of Anwat Gar. (though he still could be Gar, and just hail from some other place)

But the Gar-name for the blue-skinned race seems to be derived from Anwat Gar.
    I actually would like to know, where this name has been mentioned in official terms for the first time? If someone can
    help me, I'd appreciate it. I seem to remember it being mentioned in Q&A, but is there any earlier source?
    I don't get how you got the idea that he was NOT a Gar? He appeared to live in the ruins.. and seems to have been guarding them for centuries... He's blue, and he is a techno-magical Samurai.

Uh... How is that not a GAR SUPERSOLDIER? Dude, I say all of the clues where already there!

Regarding the name tho... I think it was never actually officially mentioned PRIOR to the Q&A's. Maybe it was mentioned in a thread where Emiliano and Val told us a bit of some of their ideas, but that was probably around the same time as the first Q&A's anyway. ( and kind of not official, I guess...) So to my knowledge it's only very recently that we got an official name for the blue-skinned long-eared people of Eternia.

I found you more info on Kronis.
    Hmm... Well, I know that Emiliano and Val intended that Kronis would in fact not be a Gar, but rather a... SPACE-MUTANT(!) :treek: from the future, sent to muck up He-man defeating them in the future. ( I guess in theory he could actually have been sent by a future version of NA Skeletor!)

Buut... That story never came to be, so I'm not so sure that Ian Richter and the MVC's idea for Trap Jaw not being Gar holds water anymore... Or maybe it's already been confirmed that Trap Jaw is from another planet/dimension/the Prison Star in MotuC?
    Last edited by Predabot; April 16, 2010 at 11:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I don't get how you got the idea that he was NOT a Gar? H
    Because Dean Stefan dodged the question in a Org Q&A, and said that he does not necessarily come from Anwat Gar, but how he is described as it's last protector.

Are the original inhabitants of Anwat Gar Asian, Blue, or Blue Asians?

Not to dodge your question, but you'll notice that Syclone wasn't necessarily FROM Anwat Gar -- he was described as the last defender OF Anwat Gar.
    (been hanging onto that quote for a long time.lol)

Because Dean Stefan dodged the question in a Org Q&A, and said that he does not necessarily come from Anwat Gar, but how he is described as it's last protector.

(been hanging onto that quote for a long time.lol)
    He sure did dodge it, didn't he? I think coming from Anwat Gar was never a prerequisite for being a Gar however because we saw Gar such as Keldor and Vormus who didn't appear to be from there either. The common factor is that sky-blue complexion (also the pointy ears, but we can't see those on Sy-Klone). I know some people brought up Orko because he also has the sky blue skin and pointy ears, but we know he's Trollan. Now Hordak's wizards, they kind of bridge the gap between Trollan and Gar.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Now Hordak's wizards, they kind of bridge the gap between Trollan and Gar.
    And how I've been writing the way to link them all
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

So I'm wondering if any of these characters submitted here will make gbagok's bios???
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

He sure did dodge it, didn't he? I think coming from Anwat Gar was never a prerequisite for being a Gar however because we saw Gar such as Keldor and Vormus who didn't appear to be from there either.
    I agree with this. Just because I'm a black guy, and of African descent, doesn't mean I was born on the continent of Africa. I think it's safe to say, that most people in the world, were not born, nor are living in their actual place of ancestral origin.

The common factor is that sky-blue complexion (also the pointy ears, but we can't see those on Sy-Klone). I know some people brought up Orko because he also has the sky blue skin and pointy ears, but we know he's Trollan. Now Hordak's wizards, they kind of bridge the gap between Trollan and Gar.
    Hordak seems to have a bit of an affinity with the Gar, and if it's because they have an affinity for magic as its been hinted, then it makes perfect sense.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Because this is merely a dodging of the question, then there's a few ways to interpret that...

If Sy-Klone were on Anwat-Gar, specifically the temple to protect the stones, then he could very possibly have been there for centuries, making him quasi-immortal, based on whatever means were used to give him his powers.

In the MYP episode with Roboto, he goes back to Anwat Gar to look for his extended family. They are all gone, which could tie into the notion that Gars are a "rare" race, as per Keldor's bio.

But why go back to Anwat Gar to look for your family, if that's not where you are from? Why not go back to your actual place of origin?

I honestly fail to see why people have such an issue with these Blue-skinned characters being Gars. If it quacks like a duck..

For me, all the blue-Skinned characters are Gars, plain and simple. It doesn't matter whether you're from the past or future (Kronis).

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    For me, all the blue-Skinned characters are Gars, plain and simple. It doesn't matter whether you're from the past or future (Kronis).
    But how does Tuvar fit in with his horns and teeth? I don't think it is that plain and simple. Keldor and Sy-Klone might be Gar but not Tuvar.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    But how does Tuvar fit in with his horns and teeth? I don't think it is that plain and simple. Keldor and Sy-Klone might be Gar but not Tuvar.
    Yep, I see Tuvar as a Gar as well. He just simply looks slightly different than the others. I could be wrong, but doesn't Shokoti have horns as well? Tuvar could be a mixed race of Gar, like Keldor is half-Gar, and half-Human. Besides, he has the pointy ears like Keldor and other "official" Gar.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    Faker? Orko? Imp? Webstor?

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    Faker?
    A robot.

Orko?
    A Trollan.

Imp?
    Not even a sentient humanoid.

Webstor?
    An Arachna, already accounted for as a race.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Exactly. According to your own statement, "all the blue-Skinned characters are Gars, plain and simple." So you are contradicting yourself. I wasn't asking what their races were, I was pointing out that not all the blue-skinned characters are Gar.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTripper View Post
    Exactly. According to your own statement, "all the blue-Skinned characters are Gars, plain and simple." So you are contradicting yourself. I wasn't asking what their races were, I was pointing out that not all the blue-skinned characters are Gar.
    I should clarify then: All blue-skinned characters that haven't already been accounted for in terms of race, are Gars, IMO.

I've gone for Beserker Islands, gotta see some MVC characters.

May I suggest Beast-Man's beast like warriors from the ladybird books as well?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I know it's been a long time but I have some questions about the tours and some of the custom characters that you created a while back. I know you've got your hands full with the BOE II and the bios. I'm a huge fan of you and oICEMANo's MOTU mythos and enjoy all the hard work you both put into it. I was hoping you could answer them or let me know if they will be answered in the BOE II.

1) You made mention that Prince Trinok III had a brother that took over for their slain father. What was his name and if there was a possible name for Trinok's Adviser.

2) In the preview picture of the Qadian Tour, Chief Carnivus had his wife by his side. I was curious what her name could possibly be?

3) In the preview of the Eternos Tour, who is the man standing near Queen Marlena and who is the boy near Mekaneck and Ram-Man.

4) Are the Reptons separated into different clans or tribes within the Kingdom Of Repton? Like Kobra Khan being in a separate clan from Lizard-Man. Repton is beneath an area called the Cold Zone? Is this Cold Zone located near Darksmoke, the Ice Mountains and the City Of Peace?

5) Will the original Elders and the Ancients' names be revealed in the BOE II or elsewhere?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful94 View Post
    I know it's been a long time but I have some questions about the tours and some of the custom characters that you created a while back. I know you've got your hands full with the BOE II and the bios. I'm a huge fan of you and oICEMANo's MOTU mythos and enjoy all the hard work you both put into it. I was hoping you could answer them or let me know if they will be answered in the BOE II.

1) You made mention that Prince Trinok III had a brother that took over for their slain father. What was his name and if there was a possible name for Trinok's Adviser.

2) In the preview picture of the Qadian Tour, Chief Carnivus had his wife by his side. I was curious what her name could possibly be?

3) In the preview of the Eternos Tour, who is the man standing near Queen Marlena and who is the boy near Mekaneck and Ram-Man.

4) Are the Reptons separated into different clans or tribes within the Kingdom Of Repton? Like Kobra Khan being in a separate clan from Lizard-Man. Repton is beneath an area called the Cold Zone? Is this Cold Zone located near Darksmoke, the Ice Mountains and the City Of Peace?

5) Will the original Elders and the Ancients' names be revealed in the BOE II or elsewhere?

Thank you.
    Yeah, I have really fallen away from the tours now that I have been doing the bios. It was taking too long to complete groups, but a lot of the designs I had intended for the tours have made into the bio and will in the future.

1) I think I had it in mind the brother was Trinok II, but that isn't set in stone. I didn't see a name for the advisor in Icons of Evil. He has a Mesoamerican jaguar kind of look though, and that's cool.
    2) I've named her Faylene, although the design she's based on from MYP was an unnamed generic villager.
    3) The man with Marlena is one of the advisors seen with Randor in the MVC comics. The young man near Meckaneck and Ram-Man is a healer also based on the comics. I may have made him too young if he looks like a boy. Maybe Eternia has interns?
    4) I went with different clans, yes, with Kahn and Lizard Man belonging to different ones. The Cold Zone in the story Iceman and I told was the name of a district near Targa that was designated for the Reptons. It was called that for their cold blood, not for being near ice. Their natural home was underground, but they were known to sun-bathe until the Targans started rounding them up for the games and to mine for Lodar. I don't remember giving the Repton's home a more specific name. I forget where the Cold Zone was in Filmation, though I think it was located around icy-looking terrain.
    5) I can't speak for their official names if they ever get them, but I've named the Elders: Veridas, Galadria, Azzura, Argos, Ceratin, Neptul, Browzor, Delvan, and Seryn. The only Ancients I've named or indicated so far are the All-Father (Valorius), his daughter (unnamed), Procrustus, the Goddess, The Time Keeper, the Dream Mistress, the Seeress, Dark Hope, and Nordor. There were others, but those are the only ones I've shown.

Thank you for asking about these! I hope I'll get more up before next year. At least the world didn't end first (well, yet).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Thank you so much for answering my questions. That "Icons Of Evil" was really an awesome issue. I've always been intrigued by King Trinok's adviser. So that race could more or less be Jaguar Men or something to that effect. I need to read more MVC Comics, the ones I've read were pretty well-done. Thanks again.

Hope to enjoy more of your Tours soon. They're amazing!