View Poll Results: Which Tour do you want most?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Gar (Keldor's blue elfish race)

48 22.12%
  • Berserker Islands

13 5.99%
  • Preternia: The Giants

23 10.60%
  • Preternia: The Council of Elders

48 22.12%
  • Insectoids (Polti, Kex, Tycons, Arachnoids, etc)

32 14.75%
  • Preternia: Zalecia

15 6.91%
  • Frozen North (Ice people, Stilla, Lord of FN, etc)

13 5.99%
  • Darksmoke

18 8.29%
  • Reptons

2 0.92%
  • Manotaurs

5 2.30%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tours of Eternia Roundup

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    lol... that may be my fault for campaigning for the insectoids...
    but also in part there are alot of interesting insect characters....
    There are indeed, which is great. I wasn't sure if such a vague 'official' group would turn out to be so popular! I just wanted to make sure no one thought that only creations for the group with the most votes should be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    so do you want us to just post the ones on the polls or are you ready for flood of etheria and horde fan characters yet
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Well if ya need refs mate, I got down nearly every Horde character and fan character going, bar Zed.
    While I don't want to dismiss any posts, I'm also a little worried that the Horde might overwhelm the obscure Eternians at this point. I started the tours as a way to showcase all the obscure guys that we just didn't get to see enough of in the series and comics and classic sources, and I think that extends very naturally to fan creations since they so often spring from those same obscure corners of He-Man's world. I love the Horde, but I want to explore some other parts of the planet first. A character who fits into any of these groups but is also a Horde member is fine, but I may save him/her for the eventual Horde tour.

Etherians are welcome as well, though I'm still unsure of what all the potential Etherian groups are at this point. I'd love to include people like Hiproar and Unicra in Etheria, but I'm not sure they have an official group to which they belong--and I'm not yet prepared to make tours that are completely fan-created. But then, I'm also still not sure where people like Bow would turn up on Etheria.
    Last edited by gbagok; March 23, 2009 at 11:13pm.

Movie mayhem!
    Some random thoughts....I think the Great Rebellion can be a blanket for a lot of the good guys to fit into.

If you did Preternia people like: Black Bird, Birtha, Hero, Hiproar, Terror Dac, Spyfly, Rillo, Megetor, Tytus would fit in.

Etheria sub groups I can think of would be: Twigets, Manchines (manchine man could fit in there as well as his 5 ani-manchines) and the villian ones could be in there too... can't remember their names right now, Sorcerers ( Castaspella, Frosta, and the lot of one shot villian casters), Bright Moon (Queen Angelica, The Red Knight, Glimmer, Gaurdsmen), If you did a great Rebellion group you could include in it people like the dad from the missing axe or other human rebels who stuck out, Etheria seems to have less defined groups though other than Rebellion and Horde.

Maybe you could devide the Horde tour into subsects/part. Part one Horde females, part two horde men... or just have them random but in 3 or 4 parts, where in each part you'd feature 2-4 headliners like hordak scorpia catra grizzlor, 2-4 not as well known characters like Batros, or one of the Generals, and 2-4 horde fan characters.

I think a Comet Warrior tour would be cool. You have the three from the toon plus like 30+ fan ones to choose from.

Sands of Time tour could be cool too: Charmor, Shehara, Rain's Sandra, SMB's Kactura, and then all the filmation sand people.

Again these are just random thoughts.
    Last edited by Patreek; March 24, 2009 at 12:12am.

The babe with The Power Slackbot's Avatar
    I'd dearly love to see the Berserker Islands. The little I saw in Beast Man's "Icons of Evil" comic really piqued my interest. I hope that you get to it in time.

(By the way, gbagok, I really, really like these tours. You're an excellent artist. I have scads of your artwork in my "reference material" folder.)
    I started the tours as a way to showcase all the obscure guys that we just didn't get to see enough of in the series and comics and classic sources...
    Tour of Trolla? Hee hee hee. Please don't hurt me.
    Castle Numbskull
    Masters of The Universe stuff you won't find anywhere else.
    Thank goodness.

Movie mayhem!
    I think a tour of trolla could be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I think a tour of trolla could be cool!
    Especially if we got to see gbagok's vision of the Overlords or Trolla from Zodac's MOTUC bio ...

Movie mayhem!
    COOL! YA!!! DO THAT! lol

Zodac? Trolla?

(Checks his MOTUC bio)

*laughter* OK, that came out of left field. Overlords of Trolla? Either the Crimson Council or the Order of the Gash is getting ambitious. I'd like to see what gbagok (or anyone else) could do with that datum.
    Castle Numbskull
    Thank goodness.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Trollan Overlords is a terrifying concept. I never thought of them as organised enough, nor violent enough to have Overlords.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Ya if the bugs don't win I think Trolla and the Trollan Overlords would be a good choice as well
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

And wasn't there a Trollan villain in the classic series that looked nothing like Orko/Montork/etc? Azrog or something like that? Nothing says every Trollan has to be a floating smurf ...

Trolla is so full of magical power, they use magic instead of technology. I can easily imagine that every so often some ambitious mage tries to seize more than his share of that power. But Orko stated that the Crimson Council regulates the flow of magic, so it's not hard to imagine that they are also in charge of swatting upstarts before they disrupt that flow and become dangerous.

In my little universe Trolla was once a very dangerous place indeed due to their Mage Wars, which lasted centuries. Eventually some organization figured out a way to end those power grabs once and for all, then set up the Crimson Council to keep peace and stability.

If you like this theory, then just imagine what kind of hideously powerful sorcerers would claw their way to the top of the food chain on a world full of magic, and then what it would take to stop that kind of madness. Bet there's fertile ground for character creation there. The characters would be floaty and blue, but not cute at all.
    Castle Numbskull
    Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Slackbot View Post
    Trolla is so full of magical power, they use magic instead of technology. I can easily imagine that every so often some ambitious mage tries to seize more than his share of that power. But Orko stated that the Crimson Council regulates the flow of magic, so it's not hard to imagine that they are also in charge of swatting upstarts before they disrupt that flow and become dangerous.

In my little universe Trolla was once a very dangerous place indeed due to their Mage Wars, which lasted centuries. Eventually some organization figured out a way to end those power grabs once and for all, then set up the Crimson Council to keep peace and stability.

If you like this theory, then just imagine what kind of hideously powerful sorcerers would claw their way to the top of the food chain on a world full of magic, and then what it would take to stop that kind of madness. Bet there's fertile ground for character creation there. The characters would be floaty and blue, but not cute at all.
    Little blue evil magic user with big pointy ears... anyone ever consider Imp might be from Trolla...lol
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I'm all for doing Trolla eventually! Like the Horde and Cosmic Enforcers, they're mostly all extra-eternials (or whatever an alien to Eternia would be called).

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Little blue evil magic user with big pointy ears... anyone ever consider Imp might be from Trolla...lol
    Interesting thought! I'll go further and call attention to how much Shadow Weaver and Dark Dream (and the unnamed monster in Shard of Darkness) all resembles natives of Trolla. Granted Weaver was not a Trollan, but it does make me wonder if there couldn't be a mystical connection.

If you did Preternia people like: Black Bird, Birtha, Hero, Hiproar, Terror Dac, Spyfly, Rillo, Megetor, Tytus would fit in.
    Woah woah, Preternia is much too big for one tour! He-Ro appeared in the Council of Wisdom, and I've singled out the Preternian Giants as well in the poll. That said, I am not sure how else to get some of those characters into a tour.

I think the Great Rebellion can be a blanket for a lot of the good guys to fit into.
    Etheria sub groups I can think of would be: Twigets, Manchines (manchine man could fit in there as well as his 5 ani-manchines) and the villian ones could be in there too... can't remember their names right now, Sorcerers ( Castaspella, Frosta, and the lot of one shot villian casters), Bright Moon (Queen Angelica, The Red Knight, Glimmer, Gaurdsmen), If you did a great Rebellion group you could include in it people like the dad from the missing axe or other human rebels who stuck out, Etheria seems to have less defined groups though other than Rebellion and Horde.
    Oh I see a lot more groups than just Rebels and Horde! You've got Twiggets/Whispering Woods, Spikeheart (Trolls), Talon Mountain (Harpies), Mizar (Angella's home in the mini comics), Brightmoon, Horror Hall, Scorpion Hill, Galacia/Kingdom of the Snows, Sweet Bee's Hive, Mystacor (the sorcerers you were thinking of perhaps), Con-Seals, Magicats, The Cimson Wastes, Salineas/Crystal Falls, etc. All that and I still don't know for sure where Bow should come from.

I like your idea to split up the Horde because there were a lot of Etherian Horde people who would be out of place along side the mainstream Horde warriors.
    Last edited by gbagok; March 24, 2009 at 06:04pm.

Movie mayhem!
    Ok wow you are right those are a lot of groups!!

you could also split Preternia up into parts I suppose. Wow ... this is rather epic isn't it!!! lol

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Say gbagok, for those who put their fan creations in this thread, should they re-post them in this thread?

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest View Post
    Say gbagok, for those who put their fan creations in this thread, should they re-post them in this thread?

--Asp'r
    I've been saving them for my records all along, but if you want to post them again on here, that's cool too!
    Last edited by gbagok; March 25, 2009 at 10:17pm.

I voted insectoids as well, I'm actually trying my hand at a Tycon redesign so this is the perfect excuse to finish them.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

i dont mind if my guy gets used as well if not its ok too
    Gin-Wulf
    Eternian beast-master
    he comes from a small tribe deep in the forests of eternia , there deity is the Green Goddess .
    they are a tribe of animal riders. as each warrior comes of age they must go into the world on a quest to find there totem animal. when Gin came to age he went on his quest theer he came upon Beastman enslaveing the animals of the forest , aremed only with a spear he could not let this happen and charged in to save the forest animals, after a short battle Gin was left knocked out on the forest floor.
    when he awoke he say an orange falcon on trees above seemed to be callin him to fallow.
    as he did the falcon explained that after the battle he was mortaly wounded and as beast man dragged off the goddess she cast a spell on him to heal him and grant him the power to help the animals of eternia.
    with the aid of the falcon Zoar and other free animals he freed the Green Goddessand drove Beastman from the forest back to snake MT.
    when returning to his tribe the shamans of the village could feel the ora of the goddess and sense truth inhis tail, they gave to him the sword and axe of past champions of the goddess to protect the animals.

(powers)
    he can telepathically talk with all animals on Eternia . but unlike beast man he doesnot "control" them but rather see,s them as equals and asking a favor . he can see threw there eyes and they him as well if he has a bond with the animal.
    he is silent and cunning , but is sometimes prone to be in the mood to be "alone " in the wilds of eternia.

and wolf friend

BTW: i voted berserker islands
    Last edited by Leoghan; March 28, 2009 at 09:58am.
    Eternian Beastmaster

Very Princess Mononoke, Leoghan, I like it!

Keep 'em coming!

I thought I'd give people an idea about who the manotaurs and maybe a boost since they have no votes:

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Very Princess Mononoke, Leoghan, I like it!

Keep 'em coming!

I thought I'd give people an idea about who the manotaurs and maybe a boost since they have no votes:

you know with something like these guys where we seen really only one of them we should have a contest or a population build or something...
    where we do a fan character of the face...

o thought they were really cool looking but i diidnt even know thye had four legs until you just poointed it out now...lol...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Looks like Insectoids is winning. Let me know when you're going to do it I'll try to get an image of Kamakin Khagan for you by then.

I'm also interested in a Trolla tour. I've got a few original Trollans of my own too.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

thanks
    minotaurs would be sweet
    Eternian Beastmaster

^^ I hope it's not confusing, but there is a minotaur (horned bovine people) race that's still different from the Manotaurs. They're not called minotaurs on Eternia though, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Looks like Insectoids is winning. Let me know when you're going to do it I'll try to get an image of Kamakin Khagan for you by then.
    Post them whenever you're ready. The Insectoids won't be the very next tour I post because I have a few others that are much closer to being done. I didn't expect so much interest in the insect people, but now I know!

manotaurs
    i get it now
    still think they be a good tour manotaurs that is
    Eternian Beastmaster

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    ^^ I hope it's not confusing, but there is a minotaur (horned bovine people) race that's still different from the Manotaurs. They're not called minotaurs on Eternia though, if that helps.

Post them whenever you're ready. The Insectoids won't be the very next tour I post because I have a few others that are much closer to being done. I didn't expect so much interest in the insect people, but now I know!

well i like insect people...and i know gbagok was ok last i posted art from bug-shido so i hope he will forgive me again
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988