Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: She-Ra

AlessandraF couldn't say it better. That is She-Ra!
    Sad to know she won't be a reality.

Awesome! Hope the Mattel guys are listening...
    To infinity, and beyond!

Looking absolutely fantastic.

The filmation-inspiration is wonderful and the toy-based elements work well here. Since a lot of She-Ra fans love the filmation-design, it's going to be interesting to see what 4HM have come up with her for this line.

Looking forward in seeing more of your work.

Yeah! That's the way it must look like!
    A proud Illumina fan! - She-Raver by conviction...

You've captured it perfectly, Emiliano! Yes, this is She-Ra, the true She-Ra, the one we may not get in the MOTUC line. I love the details you added to her arm bands and boots. This is pretty much what I wanted her to look like in 200X, and what I want her to look like in MOTUC even though they're going with the original toy.

Only one question remains...rooted or sculpted hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Since my chance to work on anythign related to the new MOTUC series are next to zero, I decided to post here in the fan-art section, some of the figures concepts I had done in the past year for fun.

I have a bunch of those. I'll try to post them on a weekly basis, and I may do a couple more.

The goal was exactly what the 4H had in mind: define an ultimate version of a classic figure, adding elements from illustrations, cartoons, and 2002 series as well, trying to nail down what fan would love to see.

Let' start with She-Ra, which may turn out to be the most controversial design in the MOTUC line.
    Toyguru said she'll be based on the original figures.
    But the vast majority of us wants something else...
    Here is my idea of what the figure should look like (including some elements from the original toy to spice it up)

As a side note, all the designs will be collected in my forum albums, here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=216
    Looks cool and all, But she looks a little muscular. And her chest is too big. Also your basing the head dress and partial costume design on the Filmation She-Ra. Didn't Mattel already say something that they can't go with that design for the Classics version? But still it's a shame they couldn't make her like that. I would like to see your version of how they would do the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    You've captured it perfectly, Emiliano! Yes, this is She-Ra, the true She-Ra, the one we may not get in the MOTUC line. I love the details you added to her arm bands and boots. This is pretty much what I wanted her to look like in 200X, and what I want her to look like in MOTUC even though they're going with the original toy.

Only one question remains...rooted or sculpted hair?
    We already have been told that all the POP characters will have sculpted hair when made.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Looks cool and all, But she looks a little muscular. And her chest is too big.
    Well, she's supposed to be the most powerful woman in the universe
    Anyway, it doesn't really matter: the 4H have already sculpted the basic female body. My design isn't supposed to suggest body types (they will reuse the one they already did for everything) but only design elements.

Also your basing the head dress and partial costume design on the Filmation She-Ra. Didn't Mattel already say something that they can't go with that design for the Classics version?
    They said they can't do a 100% Filmation She-Ra
    But they haven't said exactly what they can and can't yet, detail wise.
    And mine is still a mixed version, not a 100% Filmation.
    But this is what many of us would like to see, not necessarily what is possible

By the way, thanks everyone!
    I just hope this won't work against us and point to Mattel what not to do
    So, shhhhhhhhh!

The amazing good response is making me thinking about posting the next one sooner than a week.
    And what's She-Ra without her secret identity?

Come on...ya know ya wanna post that!!!!
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oh my God can't wait for more!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Yes I think an Emil Adora would be like giving our eyes some much needed candy!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Don't make me beg Emiliano, but I am prepaired to do that if it will help convince you to post your MOTUC Adora design sooner!!!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I can't wait for the next one! and I hope it is a POP one!

Oh my god!!!! This is so fantastic!

You're the best! Keep up the good work, emiliano!

We already have been told that all the POP characters will have sculpted hair when made.
    Yes, I know, I wasn't being very serious, just curious if Emiliano's preference is rooted because this version's hair looks more detailed than I expect it can look when sculpted. But if it's going to start something, consider the question withdrawn!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Emiliano, I'm really glad to see you posting "fan-art" again after all these years! The way the head is drawn looks a little off to me. However, I realize this is for illustrative purposes, and the design is spot on. I'd personally like to see a more 200x styled head dress on the actual figure (with the wings flared out a little more) but I'd buy a figure that looked exactly like this in a heartbeat. Great work... now let's see some more!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    and finish it off with the prototype tiara that recently surfaced.
    huh? link? I missed it

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    huh? link? I missed it

Here it is man:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ight=prototype
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Since my chance to work on anythign related to the new MOTUC series are next to zero, I decided to post here in the fan-art section, some of the figures concepts I had done in the past year for fun.

I have a bunch of those. I'll try to post them on a weekly basis, and I may do a couple more.

The goal was exactly what the 4H had in mind: define an ultimate version of a classic figure, adding elements from illustrations, cartoons, and 2002 series as well, trying to nail down what fan would love to see.

Let' start with She-Ra, which may turn out to be the most controversial design in the MOTUC line.
    Toyguru said she'll be based on the original figures.
    But the vast majority of us wants something else...
    Here is my idea of what the figure should look like (including some elements from the original toy to spice it up)

As a side note, all the designs will be collected in my forum albums, here:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hp?albumid=216
    WOW! Just WOW!

That should how the POPClassics should look! MATTEL might changed the skirt a bit, but that is how SHE-RA should look!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    That is Teela's head with a strange tiara like a big flower.... blaaaaah, I don't like it!

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    WOW! Just WOW!

That should how the POPClassics should look! MATTEL might changed the skirt a bit, but that is how SHE-RA should look!
    A bit longer? NO! That is perfect!!
    Last edited by AlessandraF; March 30, 2009 at 01:18am.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Heroic Warrior
    Man, that's awesome. I love this.

Well this is pretty much the only She-Ra I would want cos I think the classic toy version stinks... (tho Im waiting to see how the 4H will change my mind)

Great work Emil!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Well this is pretty much the only She-Ra I would want cos I think the classic toy version stinks... (tho Im waiting to see how the 4H will change my mind)

Great work Emil!
    Question, Has the Four Horsemen ever disappointed you with one of their designs for MOTU? Personally, I don't think I have ever been disappointed by their design for MOTU. I loved the 200X She-Ra. Even if it was mostly made from Teela. I'm sure the Classics version will be just as good when we see her. Even if she is sporting the original figure outfit design. I'm curious about the sword though. Will we get the original design or the later version? Or both?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I absolutely LOVE this She-Ra!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, this is how I hope she will turn out. I admire your work Emiliano, but I have just one question; where does her cape connect to? Her neck-brace thing (I don't know what it is called)?

Question, Has the Four Horsemen ever disappointed you with one of their designs for MOTU? Personally, I don't think I have ever been disappointed by their design for MOTU. I loved the 200X She-Ra. Even if it was mostly made from Teela. I'm sure the Classics version will be just as good when we see her. Even if she is sporting the original figure outfit design. I'm curious about the sword though. Will we get the original design or the later version? Or both?
    Answer: No not really, which is why I eagerly await their depiction of classic She-Ra.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    The piece is truly amazing, congrats Emiliano! However, I would also mention the fact that she's a little too muscular for my taste. While she is the most powerful woman in the universe, the muscles make her lose part of her femininity. To me , She-Ra has always been, above all, purely feminine. I believe it would have been ideal if she was given higher heels and a less muscular body. But then again, that's just my opinion
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein