Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    She's perfection! Only this is I don't understand where her cape is attaching?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this She-Ra!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, this is how I hope she will turn out. I admire your work Emiliano, but I have just one question; where does her cape connect to? Her neck-brace thing (I don't know what it is called)?
    Yep, that's the idea much like the 2002 version.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bad View Post
    This is just Awesome! I hope Mattel see this & maybe rethink about associating you with classics in some way!
    Not going to happen in a millions of years

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Portugal View Post
    This is just perfect! I can't wait to see some more she-ra girls! Your work is fantastic! I wish you were the 5th HorseMan!
    You Are the 5th HorseMan to all of Us!
    Hey, there already is a Fifth Horseman! Poor Shane Ditsworth deserves that title more than anyone else (also because he actually is the fifth horsmen)
    But I'd take 6th if it was offered to me

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Yes, I know, I wasn't being very serious, just curious if Emiliano's preference is rooted because this version's hair looks more detailed than I expect it can look when sculpted. But if it's going to start something, consider the question withdrawn!
    I'm totally for Sculpted hair only in MOTUC line. It's just my way of drawing hairs I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidliz View Post
    The piece is truly amazing, congrats Emiliano! However, I would also mention the fact that she's a little too muscular for my taste. While she is the most powerful woman in the universe, the muscles make her lose part of her femininity. To me , She-Ra has always been, above all, purely feminine. I believe it would have been ideal if she was given higher heels and a less muscular body. But then again, that's just my opinion
    Yeah, it's a bit big. I wnted her to look powerful, maybe I did too much.
    But, as I said, it's just a generic body (I will probably end up reusing it on every other female design I do)
    It's much like the actual figures, they will all use Teela's body. My main concern is the design elements, the body is already out there

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I like it, but just because it is Filmation She-Ra. No offense to Emiliano, but the design there is not rocket science, it is basically common knowledge of what a She-Ra action figure would look like going off of the Filmation image. I do agree though that she is way too muscular. She-Ra is not She-Hulk!

I just hope Mattel is able to go as close to the Filmation look as they possibly can for her figure in the MOTUC.

I am more worried about a possible Adora action figure myself. The She-Ra toy version can still be tinkered to look close to the Filmation design, however, what they do with Adora is more up in the air.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I like it, but just because it is Filmation She-Ra. No offense to Emiliano, but the design there is not rocket science, it is basically common knowledge of what a She-Ra action figure would look like going off of the Filmation image.
    I totally agree, but sometimes you have to point out the obvious

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Yep, that's the idea much like the 2002 version.
    OH ok, cool! I'm excited to see adora!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Very good!!! I'm almost dreading She-Ra's actual unveiling since it might fall so short of expectations. Everyone has really high expectations for She-Ra, Teela and Adora...

So, how come Mattel won't hire you? You'd think that would be a no-brainer with your art skills, love of MOTU and the fans approval.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    More more more

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Everyone keeps saying she is to muscular, but she is no more muscular than Teela. I don't see what the problem is.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Well...
    I'm not a fan of She-Ra... But I have to admit this a great job you did Emiliano!
    With such a great figure I think I would probably buy 2!

I love your style!

More Please!

manomanoman!!

damn, I wish the made her this way...

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    Everyone keeps saying she is to muscular, but she is no more muscular than Teela. I don't see what the problem is.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I am more worried about a possible Adora action figure myself. The She-Ra toy version can still be tinkered to look close to the Filmation design, however, what they do with Adora is more up in the air.
    I wonder about that! I hope we do get a real Adora figure this time around. Not the Switch She-Ra's head dress around and there's Adora type thing. Still wished they would make Adora available as a 2 Pack with Adam.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I dunno what the issue is over the muscles... I think it looks fine... it's muscular enough to show that she's strong but still looks feminine. (albeit athletic)
    Good combo!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I think I know why she's looking too muscolar with to someone: the head is slightly small, and that makes the body looks more massive.
    If you immagine the head to be a tad bigger, the body woudlnt' look that muscolar (but surely with "thunder tigh"!)

Wow, she's great.

I think most fans want to see the She-Ra classic veer more towards this than her original figure - which is not to say that I wouldn't be happy with a slight influence from the original figure.

Love the boots; these fancied-up Filmation boots win over the furry-rimmed 200x ones anyday (in my book).
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Love the boots; these fancied-up Filmation boots win over the furry-rimmed 200x ones anyday (in my book).
    The boots are 100% from the classic figure

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Personally I think she's NOT MUSCULAR enough!

She's supposed to be the most powerful female warrior in the Universe... She's He-man's sister for crying out loud! The way Enza and Emiliano drew some of their interpretations of a 200x She-Ra is how I think she should look. Top-heavy!

I agree. She looks fine. She should be muscular.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I think I know why she's looking too muscolar with to someone: the head is slightly small, and that makes the body looks more massive.
    If you immagine the head to be a tad bigger, the body woudlnt' look that muscolar (but surely with "thunder tigh"!)
    I Agree, the top of the head is a little bit small. but she's perfect anyway

YES. YES. YES!!!!

*tears up a little cause he's a big fat baby*

Emiliano, that's perfect. I'll buy that. ABSOLUTELY. Mattel? Hello, Mattel? THIS IS WHAT WE WANT. No more. No less. LISTEN TO US, PLEASE. THIS. IS. SHE. RA!!!

*bags head against a wall*

Emil, I'm very sorry you're not working on this line. This is the first I'm hearing of it, but seriously, man...you knew what I wanted from a She-Ra figure. And I'm going to really love seeing your designs. Getting teary because they're not going to get made? Not so much.

But bring on more pictures, please.

And because AlessandraF said it so well:

THAT IS SHE-RA!

It's a SHAME that Mattel had discarded a tellent like yours!!! I think that the MotUC department's director lost his chance to have many more appreciation without you!!!!

Thanks Emi, she look is A-MA-ZING and I demand exactly this She-Ra to compensate my childhood without her!!!!

She's awesome Emailiano!!

It's gonna be very interesting to see how the actual MOTUC She-Ra figure will hold up against this!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

well there is a good chance she-ra wont look this good , she will pry be teela parts reused and some new sculpts,, think more like the 200X she-ra, but from new teela
    Eternian Beastmaster

Unfortunately you are probably right. That really gets me mad though, She-Ra deserves her own sculpt. I can understand with Evil-Lyn as she and Teela were designed to look very similar in bodies, boots etc. But She-Ra has never been designed to look like Teela, so why should the MOTUC She-Ra reuse her parts, that was the one thing that really annoyed me about the 2004 2K toy. She-Ra was a uniqe sculpt back in the 80's and she should be again in MOTUC (IMHO)!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

i agree 100% she does deserve her own sculpt and hope she gets one.
    Eternian Beastmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Unfortunately you are probably right. That really gets me mad though, She-Ra deserves her own sculpt. I can understand with Evil-Lyn as she and Teela were designed to look very similar in bodies, boots etc. But She-Ra has never been designed to look like Teela, so why should the MOTUC She-Ra reuse her parts, that was the one thing that really annoyed me about the 2004 2K toy. She-Ra was a uniqe sculpt back in the 80's and she should be again in MOTUC (IMHO)!
    Actually, She-Ra was not a unique sculpt in the 80's. In fact, she was even less unique than Teela (whose sculpt was only used for two figures) because She-Ra had the same body sculpt as virtually every other PoP figure (other than the variation in placement of the jewel in her stomach).

I'm a fan of She-Ra myself, but I'm personally in favor of them re-using parts because I'd be glad to finally see the PoP gals look like they belong in the same collection as the MotU gals.

It also leaves more in the tooling budget. If they had to do a new sculpt for each figure, we might not see as many characters. If they can re-use parts (even just arms, legs, basic torso), however, we could conceivably get to see more of the PoP and MotU ladies we've been waiting for because some of the pieces will already be in place.

That, and to me it will feel more nostalgic. Just my opinion, though.

EDIT: And of course, if He-Man, the character around whom this whole line revolves, doesn't get a "unique" sculpt, then She-Ra really shouldn't either ...
    Last edited by j-bird; April 1, 2009 at 03:03am.