Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Next 9 Unique 100% Characters?

The Next 9 Unique 100% Characters?

According to the latest round of Q & As from around the net, we're only getting about one unique 100% tooled character per yer. So even if they alternate to having two characters every other year (which seems unlikely to me), that would mean there's a maximum of 9 unique sculpts we can get from 2012 to 2017.

9 open spots isn't enough to get us every 100% tooled character by 2017.

Who do you think the lucky [maximum of] 9 will be? (or should I say 8, since Ram-Man seems to be a given?)

On a side note, presumably King Hiss is our only one for 2011...or do you think he doesn't count because he's technically not 100%? Dunno if he's counted as a 100%

I think it is hard to gauge only due to the fact that we don't know how much parts sharing will be done. The 4H could work their magic and what could be thought of as a 100% newly tooled figure might actually share parts with another figure.

Ram-Man could potentionally use the standard buck with newly tooled armour to give him his girth.

Stranger things have happened

Ram Man
    Leech
    Mantenna
    Sy-Klone
    Gwildor
    Stonedar
    Rokkon
    Extendar
    Rio Blast
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Since when is Sy-Klone a 100% sculpted figure?
    He needs new Torso, head and rings added to shoulders and boots, the rest would be existing parts.
    Who was 2010's 100% figure? Tytus?

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    He needs new Torso, head and rings added to shoulders and boots, the rest would be existing parts.
    Who was 2010's 100% figure? Tytus?
    Probably Orko.

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    He needs new arms and a new shield as well. The only parts I can see that are an obvious reuse are his thighs and hands.

It's difficult to say which figures will be 100% new tooling since they are broken up into smaller parts than the vintage line, and this time they can share parts with the 200X, POP and NA characters. For example, King Hiss was originally a unique sculpt but the Classics one shares Keldor's boots, plus his arms & legs could be reused for Flogg.

I just hope Extendar will be one of those, but in the same vein, I hope we'd get Tallstar and Jewelstar as well.
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

In 2010, the only newly sculpted figure appears to be Orko. Then again, Tytus, Battle Cat, and Gy-Gor were all new sculpts as well.

All new sculpts are likely to be:

Ram Man
    Leech
    Modulok
    Multi-Bot
    Mantenna
    Gwildor
    Extendar
    Rokkon/Stondar (won't there be some reuse with these two?)
    Cringer
    Horde Trooper
    Last edited by RockinHard; October 17, 2010 at 12:26pm.

The biggest problem with MOTUC is that they can reuse more than in the Vintage line. Look at Grizzlor.
    That makes it harder to determine the so called 100% new sculpt characters.
    Guys like Mantenna, Leech, Rio Blast, Ram Man, etc. COULD be made reusing various parts.
    I'm certain that Gwildor would be a 100% new Sculpt.
    Cringer could be another one.
    Rotar or Twistoid could be a 100% new sculpt
    "Teen Adam" could be one of the so called 100% new sculpts

Even Extendar would not be a 100% new sculpt: Gloves and hands will most likely be from Hordak. I'd expect TJ shoulders in order to swap the extended and retracted arms. The crotch will probably be similar to HISSS's with an "Extendar loincloth" over it. in order to have the swappable extended legs and Lower Torso.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    The biggest problem with MOTUC is that they can reuse more than in the Vintage line. Look at Grizzlor.
    That makes it harder to determine the so called 100% new sculpt characters.
    Guys like Mantenna, Leech, Rio Blast, Ram Man, etc. COULD be made reusing various parts.
    I'm certain that Gwildor would be a 100% new Sculpt.
    Cringer could be another one.
    Rotar or Twistoid could be a 100% new sculpt
    "Teen Adam" could be one of the so called 100% new sculpts

Even Extendar would not be a 100% new sculpt: Gloves and hands will most likely be from Hordak. I'd expect TJ shoulders in order to swap the extended and retracted arms. The crotch will probably be similar to HISSS's with an "Extendar loincloth" over it. in order to have the swappable extended legs and Lower Torso.
    The thing is, TG has stated Ram Man to be a 100% new sculpt.

True, but He's also said that Illumina was banned, now she's possible. Things change all the time in this business...

I HOPE that Rammy is 100% new sculpt, but he probably won't. He will have a ton of Brand new pieces, but I can see them reusing the Triklops arms and maybe King Hiss's legs. (something, something, logistics)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    True, but He's also said that Illumina was banned, now she's possible. Things change all the time in this business...

I HOPE that Rammy is 100% new sculpt, but he probably won't. He will have a ton of Brand new pieces, but I can see them reusing the Triklops arms and maybe King Hiss's legs. (something, something, logistics)
    I could see that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Actually, I don't think Leech would use that much new tooling. He could share parts, his shoulders, biceps, thighs and knees could all be potentially shared with Tung Lashor if they decide to make Tung Lashor a little bit wartier looking. The boots or in this case for him likely shin guards and arm band would already exist from Hordak/Grizzlor.

He'd only really need new feet, torso, crotch, forearms, hands, heads, weapon and armor bit on his left shoulder. At best, Leech could be around 60% unique new tooling.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Ram-Man will be 100% new tool. But he'll sell a LOT and make repaints of other Ram-Man variants, easily making the money back. Orko was 100% new, but he's so tiny, and he got a variant out of him. A lot of people are right about certain characters having some new reuse not done before. I can see Leech sharing some scaly parts for NA guys, and Mantenna may be new himself, but share with Modulok. Bow was laregly new but will share with NA He-Man

The 9 100% (or close to it, not counting Kowl and Loo-Kee that could be accessories) "new-guys-that-possibly-can't-be-reused-for-future-guys" I can think of other than Ram-Man that I would want?

- Sy-Klone
    - Extendar
    - Tallstar
    - Jewelstar
    - Mantenna
    - Dragstor
    - Blast-Attak
    - Rio-Blast
    - Mosquitor

I assume Modulok, Multi-Bot, and Sagitar would be deluxe guys or Beasts like Swift Wind.

Others can share:
    - Queen Marlena would have a female buck underneath her outfit and I believe she can easily share some parts with the Sorceress
    - Cringer and Catra
    - Stonedar and Rokkon (Rock People army builder)

The Possibles . . .

- Gwilder (Most unique, because of size)
    - Ram-Man
    - Horde Troopers
    - Sy-Klone
    - Extendar (He will require new body designs if his extension parts are to work, so he needs bigger hands perhaps.)
    - Stondar
    - Rokkon
    - Tallstar
    - Jewelstar
    - Leech (If done like the vintage.)
    - Mantenna
    - Dragstor
    - Blast-Attak
    - Rio-Blast
    - Mosquitor
    - Granamyr (He would definitely take a new bulk if done)
    - Rotar
    - Twistoid
    - Modulok
    - Multi-Bot
    - Snake Face (If by the original . . .)
    - Sssqueeze (If by the original . . .)
    - Saurod (If by the original . . .)
    - Kowl
    Possibly:
    - Two Bad (With the exception of the lion cloth, they should be new. Plus, their unconnected forms, Badra and Tuvar.

- Magator (If the parts of the arms and legs of Tytus are not used.)

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    I really don't see Mantenna or Leech share any parts with any other MOTU figure. Nothing of both figures was reused in the vintage line. I see them as 100% unique characters just like Rammy.

I also hope Mantenna gets 4 seperate legs this time and Modulok will have his 6 legs and maybe parts you can change like with the vintage figure. That would be cool. Is that considered an action feature? He also could go for a Beast maybe. Just imagining his 2 heads and torso's are the same size as all the other figures, or maybe even bigger, he could be huge!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would snake men count? each character was different if I recall the old 80s toys. Khan, Rattlor, Tung Lashor, Squeeze, Snake Face & generic snake warriors. I'm curious to see if they will have two different bucks, feet, hands ect to share from or each with different parts.

People I who think need unique sculpts because their bodies are so different- very little to no parts sharing:

Gwildor
    Ram-Man
    Horde Troopers
    Calix
    Cringer
    Stondar & Rokkon
    Rotar & Twistoid
    Jewelstar
    Granamyr

Oracle, Odiphous, Kowl, mini Marzo, and other mini dudes (most of these could be pack ins)

Lot of custom parts:
    • Marlena and Mermista- new lower torso to accommodate dress/tail- maybe new upper torso to make them work??
    • Lord Dactys (no other male shares a winged torso, wings, and his armor is hard to share with others)
    • Horde Wizard (could be adapted from the Faceless One's robes)
    • Queen Andreenos (likely to share female limbs- torso is unique- depends how faithful they remain to the design)
    • Extendar & Tallstar- could use existing buck with modified Shin and forarm. Likely to share Meck-a-nek style clip on neck.
    • Modulok & Multi-Bot & Manntenna & Two Bad - a multi-crotch piece would allow 3 multilegs to share existing and modified limbs. I'm thinking the Bow thighs could easily be modified to work with the guys. Double neck torso shared between Two-badd & Modulok
    • The Winged Ladies- Sorceress (vintage and 200x), Veena, Sweetbee, Angela- new female torso to accept plug in wings/cape wings- can share other female limbs

Lot of these guys do have custom parts- but most still can share existing buck pieces. Think of they guys like Roboto- a new torso, but reused part nearly everywhere else. New limbs could be cleverly done to double as NA ones:
    Sy-Klone, Leech, Dragstor, Blast-Attak, Rio-Blast, Mosquitor, Snake Face, Sssqueeze, Saurod, Kulataks, Certus

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Another point - TG called Teela a "100% tool" around the time when she came out. And yet, there was a straight repaint of her within two months (Goddess), a minor retool within six (Yellow-Lyn) and a couple of other figures sharing major parts within a year (Adora, She-Ra).

And on that basis, Orko, Battle Cat, Tytus and Gygor were all "100% tools" last year. Plus Whiplash was almost all-new bits.

I'm not entirely sure we can read anything into this answer at all - hell, even a Ram-Man not built on the basic buck could probably reuse something like a neck peg or hands!

I firmly believe that they will get to all the "big" ones, meaning the "most important" figures.

Ram Man is a given.

I'm really not sure which figures would qualify as a 100% new tooling. Are there actually 9 figures that share no parts?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Later on in the vintage line, everything had new sculpts. It'll be interesting to see what parts they could possibly re-use when it comes to guys like the Horde, Snake Men, and other later wave original figures.

Pretty sure Whiplash's scaley torso tooling could be used for some Snake dudes, maybe Snake Face and slap his armor over it? Don't know for sure but will be very interesting to see what they do!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    TG called Teela a "100% tool"
    i don't have much to say about the topic that hasn't already been said. i just wanted to quote this.

i will say that two bad might just end up with a new torso and crotch. possibly boots and forearms. if they do snakemen first, scaly arms and legs could be used for baddhra (baddhra's the purple one, right?). tuvar could share a fisto forearm. as far as i'm concerned they don't need to make special hands for them. just use regular gloved hands. i'm really not sure about the boots though. i'm trying to think of someone with similar boots in the vintage line, but i'm coming up short.

PrincessNRW
    sorry. posting placed wrong
    Last edited by HD1979; October 18, 2010 at 01:47pm.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have to take TG's statement with a grain of salt. When they say 1 unique sculpt a year, that statement leaves open for interpretation. There is a method in their madness. They have created new parts and new armors to create figures, so we have that.

Also, they mentioned way back that they are not opposed to borrowing parts from the DC line and modifying them to fit into MOTU. Bow's hands and wrists are good example.

Clawful is ready to be made thanks to Whiplash and Buzz-off. All he needs is just his armor, head, and unique right claw. Same goes for Fisto.

Man-E-Faces is ready too. Just needs a unique body armor and we just need to wonder how they are going to do the heads. Either a twist head or just replace the faces.

As far a unique. I think we have to establish that we are talking about the $20 figures and not include the deluxe or oversize figures.

Ram-man is on top of that list for me. To me, he's an "A" character. He's been in all forms of media and had a solid presence in both Filmation and MYP. Let's also accept that fact that he's coming in his toy colors.

Mantenna is another "A" character. I'm curious how they are going to do him.

Sy-klone is a little different. I don't know how unique he will be. You can recycle Roboto's waist, standard legs, and torso. You can make new feet/boots, arms and hands, head, and make his radar chest part of an armor.

Two-bad will need a unique torso for his two heads, but you can recycle the legs and arms.

Dragstor and the SNakemen, I'm most curious. If the 4H get creative, they won't have to be completely unique, but I don't know what direction they are going with.

If I could, I really would bother TG about what their plans are on recycling and how creative can the 4H get. We'll just have to see.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Also, they mentioned way back that they are not opposed to borrowing parts from the DC line and modifying them to fit into MOTU. Bow's hands and wrists are good example.
    That's not taking parts from the DC line, just using the same concept - the pieces still had to be sculpted and tooled from scratch.

The only thing shared between the DCUC and MotUC lines (not counting the two-packs) is the falcon mould - and DC apparently weren't happy about that, and told them not to use DCUC parts in a non-DC line (or vice-versa) again!