Thread: The Original

Heroic Warrior

The Original

"The Original" starbursts were supposed to appear only on re-releases to differ them from the first releases- but now more and more errors appear... Roboto got the starburst, Buzz-Off seems to have it, too and then again some Mer-Man figures didn't have it, because the left-over stock was sold without even mentioning it...

I'm not a MOC collector anymore, but people could get very angry about this issue

What do you think?

Maybe they are producing both "releases" at one time to keep the costs lower. That would imply that no changes would be made to fix Roboto's shoulders or make his left hand detachable.

Heroic Warrior
    It has been mentioned several times before that due to logistics both inlays are being produced at the same time, hence the possibility to accidently use a re-issue paperwork on a first release figure.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    It has been mentioned several times before that due to logistics both inlays are being produced at the same time, hence the possibility to accidently use a re-issue paperwork on a first release figure.
    That's not right, it has been mentioned that DIFFERENT inlays are produced at the same time... they don't print the re-release if they have no idea when and if the figure will get a second release...

Heroic Warrior
    I´d have to look this up, but I am 100% certain TG confirmed that both original and reissue inlays are being produced simultaniously.
    The first time I noticed this was with Faker, if I recall correctly.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    That's not right, it has been mentioned that DIFFERENT inlays are produced at the same time... they don't print the re-release if they have no idea when and if the figure will get a second release...
    No, flitzi is correct. IT has been mentioned several times that they now print the plain first-run inserts, and the re-release "the original" inserts at the same time. this is why they get mixed up on occasion.

Well, being a MOC collector, I certainly would be ****** to receive an "original" roboto or buzz-off..
    they're gonna send me replacements until I get an un-bursted one!