Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Dig The Snake Men?

Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Dig The Snake Men?

I grew up with the 80's Masters Of The Universe from the beginning until about 1986. Since that was the case, the only Snake Man I had was Kobra Kahn. While I enjoyed the 2002 cartoon for the most part(their version of He-Man was so bland, he felt like a background character and Filmation's is the only Orko I recognize), it really killed any love I had for it when they turned the focus to the Snake Men. Besides having a group who all share similar designs seemed a little "meh", unlike the Horde or Skeletor's crew, none of them had the charisma of the other villains. Am I alone in hoping the Snake Men don't play as large a part in the new mythos in whatever form of media the MOTUC franchise branches out into? I think I'd rather see the Meteorbs play a bigger part than endure another cartoon or comic where the Snake Men push either Skeletor's crew or the Horde out of the way.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

in the 2000 toon i must say there werent to many charachters that showed the heart that the 80s toon and that includes the snake men. they were defenitly pushed to hard in season 2 where there should of been more skeletor and his evil warriar involvement or hordack men
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

I am not really a big lover of Hiss and co but they were cool as characters just not my faviorates. However I dug the Rattlor toy! It's probably because Filmation did not touch on them. If they had my attitude would probably be different. But King Hiss and the Snakes are just as much a part of the brand as POP & NA (IMO). MYP & MVC did give them some good story lines. I will buy Hiss, Rattlor, Toung Lasher and Cobra Cahan in MOTUC, don't know about the others.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Here, we're dealing with MOTU CLASSICS, which means that the Snakemen should be based on their 80's counterparts.

I think the Snakemen hold a very special place in MOTU, and personally, I cannot wait to see the new Tung Lashor, which has always been my favorite Snakeman !

As for Kobra Khan, I hope they will leave the possibility of his cobra "hood"...

There are 5 leaders in the MOTU universe (He-Man, Skeletor, HOrdak, King Hiss and She-Ra). He-Man & Skeletor have already been released, Hordak will be released in June, and She-Ra will apparently be released in the beginning of 2010. So I believe that King Hiss could be released soon too... I think it's a great idea to release the leaders as quick as possible, since they hold a major role in the story and in the MOTU universe.

I'd love to see them show up in MOTUC.

I will agree they were pushed too hard in the MYP cartoon. Having them shoved down our throats like that did make them seem a bit boring. However, there were a few very good episodes featuring Snakemen. Had they not have been over used I think we would all be remembering those few episodes fondly.

With that said, I am totally with Spector. I am really looking forward to Tung Lashor. Being one of my favorites as a child, due to his color scheme and action feature; I was very displeased with his 2002 look. His personality in the cartoon annoyed me as well. (not as bad as Clawful...but not great either.)

Also...King Hiss deserves a good toy!

So Bring on Tung Lashor and Hiss!

Also Snakeface I'd really like to see in MOTUC. None of the others are exciting me much, except for Blast Attack if you choose to count him as a Snakeman. I do...but that is neither here nor there.

I was just wondering to myself today if we would see any Snakes in 09.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I think if they keep to the story of preternia and He-ro the Snakemen will be alot cooler and indepth.

and the MYP cartoon is the best dam cartoon ever.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Never was a big fan of the Snakes either ... but still they deserve a spot in this line aswell.
    After King Hsss, the two, Rattlor and Tung joined Hordak, so maybe I'll place those two behind Hordak, as part of the Horde - when resieved.
    To me Kobra has always been, and will always be, one of Skeletors men.
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

I don't dislike them but they aren't my favorite villain click. I'd rather see all Skeletor's minions and the Horde released before these guys but that's just me.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    They are my favorite baddies - I can't wait to see them come to MOTUC

Well it was welcome change to just fighting Skeletor over and over and him magically escaping with no harm each time. They build them up nicely but I think they got defeated out of character and way to easy at the end. I think a hard PG-13 show could have helped that. The problem was it was only going be one season and then a shift to the Horde but that never happened so it left a sour taste in some and gave the appearance the show was mainly about them.

I thought they were the coolest when I was a kid, but the 200X versions sucked.

I am looking forward to seeing the MOTUC versions though.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I was okay with the Snakemen, but they're definitely third place in the villain heirarchy for me (after Skeletor's warriors and the Horde).

They were totally overused in the MYP cartoon, and it kind of soured me on them. They were made way too powerful (in my opinion) and defeated Skeletor's warriors way too easily. I'm sure that was to show how big a threat they were, but it made the main villains of the show seem weak/useless.

I mean, I realize that they were to be the focus of the second season, but for me it was a disappointing note on which to end the series.

So, to Mr. Shokoti, I give a resounding "No, you are not the only one who doesn't dig the Snakemen."

Personally, I could wait at least a year or two for the first of them to show up in MOTUC (although I'd rather see them than New Adventures characters, but that's my personal preference).
    Last edited by j-bird; October 16, 2010 at 08:34pm.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Ah....c'mon guys! There was too much Snakemen in the MYP series cause there was never a continuation with hordak and company. If it wasn't killed so abruptley and if the Horde would have made their scheduled appearance, we would not be having this discussion. Then just imagine an 'all out brawl' between Hiss, Hordak, Skull Face and He-Man!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

I think you are one of the only ones that dont like them.
    They were sweet in the new toon. I can not wait till they come out MOTUC style. Hopefully each one has an extra 200X style head.
    SNAKEMEN RULE!
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

They never really did a lot for me, either. I can't say that I hate them, but I was never a fan. I don't know why, but the whole snake thing kinda just rubbed me the wrong way.

And I loathe HE-MAN's snake armor.

Just my opinion, though.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Even though Squuezzze is my fave of all Snake Men. The 80's figure, not the statue. As a group, they don't really have much variety compared to the Evil Warriors or The Evil Horde!

They're just all snakes, different species of snakes, but just snakes nevertheless.

Skeletor has mammals, reptiles, amphibians and insects on his command. Same as Hordak's, and everyone has thier own uniqueness. Snake Men has thier own too, but you really have to see it beyond thier scales to really notice!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I have to say that I love the Snake Men from the 80's, not so much the 2K2 updates. I just hope that when we get King Hiss' bio, that it has more of an influence from the King of the Snake Men comic than anything from the 2K2 line. I like knowing that the Snake Men controlled several planets in the galaxy before trying to conquer Eternia.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    I love the originals from the 80s.
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Warrior BrandnChicagoHorde's Avatar
    as a lover of the 2002 series, I have always been a HUGE fan of the Snake Men. I will readily admit that I haven't seen much if any of the Classic series and that includes any episodes with the Snake Men, but I am chomping at the bit to get some Snake Men classics. I thought the Snake Men episodes were some of the better ones in the MYP series.
    The littlest member of the Chicago Horde with the Dirtiest Mouth!

Look at What I'm Selling! Please Feel Free to PM Offers:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181471

Trader Reviews:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=175510

I have to agree with you here. The Snake Men don't appeal to me very much, and I think that arc in the 200x series ruined the show. You can tell the creators thought so too, because the episodes right before that arc started were amazing. Seemed like they were trying to get the good stuff out of the way before they were forced to take the story down the wrong road.

has too many toys. The Trollan Stud's Avatar
    I was never big on the Snake Men in the 80s, but I was glad that they got a chance to feature in a He-Man animated series in 200x. I'd rather see all the Horde members done before the Snakes are released in MOTUC, but that's just me. I love the Horde.

For those who said Filmation didn't show us the snake men (besides Kobra Khan), Rattlor and Tung Lashor were part of the Horde in She-Ra.

I liked the Snakemen way back in the 80s, and I think the new (now old?) show a couple of years ago didn't show them to their full potential, despite the fact that they were overused. I will buy the new MOTUCs though, because I like the concept of the snakemen. Now, if MOTUC would throw us a bone and include Vipra from Bravestarr in MOTUC, I would be really happy!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    For those who said Filmation didn't show us the snake men (besides Kobra Khan), Rattlor and Tung Lashor were part of the Horde in She-Ra.

I liked the Snakemen way back in the 80s, and I think the new (now old?) show a couple of years ago didn't show them to their full potential, despite the fact that they were overused. I will buy the new MOTUCs though, because I like the concept of the snakemen. Now, if MOTUC would throw us a bone and include Vipra from Bravestarr in MOTUC, I would be really happy!
    If they do that, they should port Bravestarr over as well. Not only would he fit well with Rio Blast, it could expand MOTUC from just Eternia centric characters. They are supposed to be Masters Of The Universe and not just of Eternia.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I would love a BRAVESTARR line made like the MOTUclassics! I would definitely buy!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I was never a big fan of them. The only one I thought was fine was Kobra Khan.