Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Dig The Snake Men?

I wasn't alowed to have any of the snake men when I was a kid, and I have no idea why and I still can't get a clear answer out of my dad. The only figures I had were King Hiss/Hssss and Blast Attack (he was part of the snake men right?) and I think that's cause my dad didn't notice that King Hiss came apart and I convinced him Blast Attack was a robot.

Anyway they weren't that important to me in the 80s incarnation especially since we only got Kahn, Tongue Lasher and Rattlor in the toons. However in the 200x toon I fell in love with them, and it made me love the Horde even more. Hordak actually killing a minion that displeased him instead of dunking him in water. King Hssss being a bad--- actually *EATING* people and just generally whopping everyone's butt made them much more important to me simply because they used them as a way of maturing the franchise with the audience that grew up with them.

I can't wait for them to come out in Classics. I know there aren't any action features but King Hsss needs a human form and his snake form other wise to me it would be just like the She-Ra figure in the 80s oh look... she's got her head gear on, she's She-Ra oh wait it fell off now she's Adora. Hsss needs to have both forms somehow.

I want Rattlor and Tongue Lasher too, well I want all of the Snakemen but I really want these two because over the years they played all factions. One second they were Evil Warriors, the next Snakemen, the next Hordesmen. I hope the sculpts for these two are really good cause I'll have to get at least 3 of each because I'll have no idea where they'll stand... literally.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I used to hate the Snake Men. When I first got all three of them as a present, I read the mini-comic and said "***"? They just didn't seem so threatening back then, since their numbers were so low. Actually, they seemed like generic Lizardmen.

They originally were just more Evil Warriors and all had corny powers...King Hiss was basically a pile of snakes, Rattlor and Tung Lashor seemed really ridiculous in She-Ra's cartoon. The Snakes collectively not being featured in any television media didn't help (I'm guessing this might be the same for the other 1986-88 characters who never made it to Filmation's cartoon). I'd guess not featuring the Snakes as a group in any Filmation cartoon might have given the Snakes a "I'm not getting them since they were never in the cartoon factor" that many fans might have decided on.

Maybe the fans who always thought that the Snake Men were garbage were unprepared for seeing such "worthless characters" suddenly become overnight badasses in 200X? Hordak was always portrayed as the ultimate villain from jump because he was Skeletor's teacher and even Skeletor feared him, adding to Hordak's rep as being far worse. Originally, King Hiss and two other dudes were so much of a non-factor, the Snake Men had to immediately team-up with Skeletor. Even worse, Hiss needed one of Skeletor's men to give this new faction some weight. It's akin with teaming up with Skeletor because you have nowhere else to go...

200X changed my attitude toward them as now, not only were they not some more throwaway dorks working for Skeletor, but they were an actual threat, making some of the laughable abilities more threatening. I can understand why they would be pretty powerful, as there are only six of them (God forbid Mattel made any more Snake Men as toys; the fans would have a fit!), but they did go a bit overboard at times (regeneration in the dark, underwater modes, etc.) it was like, "what couldn't the Snake Men do"?
    But now, I could see how the 200X Snake Men were such terrors. Not only did he turn everyone the Snake Men encountered into Snake Men (adding to their legions), the Snake Men were additionally very powerful.

As for the Snake Face issue, his "Medusa gaze" was too powerful. He could sideline a character permanently very easily. Not even He-Man himself could do this. Maybe in time, it would have been changed somehow to a temporary ability.

On the Snake Men having a whole season to runamuck: I think it's only fair, seeing as though the Horde would have been doing the same thing if there was a Season Three.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe the fans who always thought that the Snake Men were garbage were unprepared for seeing such "worthless characters" suddenly become overnight badasses in 200X? Hordak was always portrayed as the ultimate villain from jump because he was Skeletor's teacher and even Skeletor feared him, adding to Hordak's rep as being far worse. Originally, King Hiss and two other dudes were so much of a non-factor, the Snake Men had to immediately team-up with Skeletor. Even worse, Hiss needed one of Skeletor's men to give this new faction some weight. It's akin with teaming up with Skeletor because you have nowhere else to go...

200X changed my attitude toward them as now, not only were they not some more throwaway dorks working for Skeletor, but they were an actual threat, making some of the laughable abilities more threatening. I can understand why they would be pretty powerful, as there are only six of them (God forbid Mattel made any more Snake Men as toys; the fans would have a fit!), but they did go a bit overboard at times (regeneration in the dark, underwater modes, etc.) it was like, "what couldn't the Snake Men do"?
    But now, I could see how the 200X Snake Men were such terrors. Not only did he turn everyone the Snake Men encountered into Snake Men (adding to their legions), the Snake Men were additionally very powerful.

As for the Snake Face issue, his "Medusa gaze" was too powerful. He could sideline a character permanently very easily. Not even He-Man himself could do this. Maybe in time, it would have been changed somehow to a temporary ability.

On the Snake Men having a whole season to runamuck: I think it's only fair, seeing as though the Horde would have been doing the same thing if there was a Season Three.
    I have to agree with most everything here.

i don't agree with snakeface being too powerful though, since his power could very easily backfire, turning it into a major weakness. As it was exploited in the minicomics, and myp toon. how is that any more powerful than turning poeple into snakemen, or even eating them? to me it's the same thing.

He-man's power sword could easily reverse the 'medusa' effects, even when he-man was turned to stone, so i don't see why it's such an issue. Why should every villan be easily vanquished by the hero, and be a bunch of pushovers?
    What attracted me to snakeface to begin with was the fact that, of all the many motu villans, there was finally one guy who could actually pose a real threat to He-man. The rest are merely pushovers, and have no powers that could even be remotely any threat to He-man. Even skeletor's magic is nothing compared to a guy who can turn you to stone by looking at you.

i never saw the 'medusa gaze' as a permanent lasting effect, but rather one that would wear off in an hour or so. Not unlike mantenna's paralyzing eye beams in SOTS. Or maybe He-man would be nearly immune to it and be able to break free, like he does with everything else. plus if Snakeface is turning one guy to stone, the others can easily jump in & take him out, so no issue there either. He-man would just touch the 'stone' character with his sword and all is well again.
    snakeface was beaten in what, a few seconds? not so powerful imo, if it killed him & rendered him useless for good.

He-man has nothing that could be used to backfire against him, nor does he have any major weaknesses; so imo, they need a villan who can actually pose a threat and actually have a chance at defeating him one on one. So that's where snakeface comes in, to me; because quite frankly, there isn't a single character in motu, or pop (never watched NA so not sure) who can go toe to toe with He-man and have even a remote chance of winning, save for the Sorceress or Zodak perhaps...i bet even the sorceress would get laid out by He-man in a one on one fight. not sure about Zodak though....He-man held his own against him in the myp series.

as for the snakemen, i guess i was one of those who liked the toys for what they were. I would have loved to have seen them in animated form back in the day, along with alot of other characters who never got put in animated form. It would have made me buy scarglow, ninjor & a few others perhaps. i'm a sucker for villans, especially if they have their own 'mold'. Maybe that's why i never got a scareglow, randor, clampchamp, ninjor etc. I did get snout spout, rio blast, & extendar though since those had unique molds. i wasn't much into the reused parts thing by the end of the vintage toyline. To me the best vintage figures are the ones made with their own molds, and not recycled parts.
    Anyway, the more villans the better imo, and the more small groups the better also. i like the idea of the various villans groups not getting along too well, but joining together on occasion to fight He-man.

contrary to what others believe, perhaps skeletor's crew is the weakest 'faction'. Maybe that's why he has alot more warriors than hordak & hiss, not counting the generic 'troops'. the Horde is a decent sized group, but the snakemen are only 6 members (unless you count blast Attak). if the 6 of them can do the job that makes them the better group imo. their powers seemed more natural & biologically based rather than having yet another magic leader with guys who can talk to beasts & fish. powers like that are useless in the heat of battle. just ask aquaman how useful his powers are when he's fighting on land and there's no fish to talk to.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    I have to agree with most everything here.

i don't agree with snakeface being too powerful though, since his power could very easily backfire, turning it into a major weakness. As it was exploited in the minicomics, and myp toon. how is that any more powerful than turning poeple into snakemen, or even eating them? to me it's the same thing.

He-man's power sword could easily reverse the 'medusa' effects, even when he-man was turned to stone, so i don't see why it's such an issue. Why should every villan be easily vanquished by the hero, and be a bunch of pushovers?
    What attracted me to snakeface to begin with was the fact that, of all the many motu villans, there was finally one guy who could actually pose a real threat to He-man. The rest are merely pushovers, and have no powers that could even be remotely any threat to He-man. Even skeletor's magic is nothing compared to a guy who can turn you to stone by looking at you.

i never saw the 'medusa gaze' as a permanent lasting effect, but rather one that would wear off in an hour or so. Not unlike mantenna's paralyzing eye beams in SOTS. Or maybe He-man would be nearly immune to it and be able to break free, like he does with everything else. plus if Snakeface is turning one guy to stone, the others can easily jump in & take him out, so no issue there either. He-man would just touch the 'stone' character with his sword and all is well again.
    snakeface was beaten in what, a few seconds? not so powerful imo, if it killed him & rendered him useless for good.
    That's how I saw it. The thing is, if you didn't have the Power Sword or a mage type character (Skeletor, Hordak, King Hiss, Sorceress, Castaspella, Marzo or even Orko), you were screwed, making having a spell caster a necessity.

He-man has nothing that could be used to backfire against him, nor does he have any major weaknesses; so imo, they need a villan who can actually pose a threat and actually have a chance at defeating him one on one. So that's where snakeface comes in, to me; because quite frankly, there isn't a single character in motu, or pop (never watched NA so not sure) who can go toe to toe with He-man and have even a remote chance of winning, save for the Sorceress or Zodak perhaps...i bet even the sorceress would get laid out by He-man in a one on one fight. not sure about Zodak though....He-man held his own against him in the myp series.
    In MYP, He-Man never battled King Hiss. I have a belief that He-Man would have increased in experience and power over time, making a more dramatic experience than He-Man taking the "big bad" of the episode and giant swinging him over the horizon. Eventually, He-Man might have been fighting either King Hiss and Hordak one on one. But he wasn't at that point yet when the series ended.

contrary to what others believe, perhaps skeletor's crew is the weakest 'faction'. Maybe that's why he has alot more warriors than hordak & hiss, not counting the generic 'troops'. the Horde is a decent sized group, but the snakemen are only 6 members (unless you count blast Attak). if the 6 of them can do the job that makes them the better group imo. their powers seemed more natural & biologically based rather than having yet another magic leader with guys who can talk to beasts & fish. powers like that are useless in the heat of battle. just ask aquaman how useful his powers are when he's fighting on land and there's no fish to talk to.
    Hmmmm...I always considered Blast Attak a Skeletor warrior. I guess it's from his appearance in STAR comics, which pre-dated his toy. He wasn't a robot, he was a rowdy ass, arrogant cyborg who didn't blow up, but he could split in half. Totally different character than the one in the mini-comic.

Anyhow, I think you're right. Skeletor's faction is the weakest. If not for He-Man, (and add in really powerful characters like Zodak, Sy-Klone and Moss Man), the Heroic Warriors would be the weakest, since the Evil Warriors really had them on the ropes before He-Man arrived.

So on the totem pole is:

The Horde (Hordak defeated the Snake Men in ancient times)
    The Snake Men (King Hiss didn't think much of He-Man and He-Man never beat King Hiss)
    The Heroic Warriors (If it weren't for He-Man, they would be lower)
    The Evil Warriors

MOTU's threats have always gotten progressively worse...that's probably why the Snake Men were introduced before the Horde was. Imagine what an afterthought the Snake Men would have been after the Horde showed up?

In MYP, He-Man never battled King Hiss.
    Yes, he did...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Yes, he did...
    LOL, I mean one-on-one with a decisive winner. IIRC, the only guy who did that was Zodak.

Now I don't dislike the snake men at all I find them to be a nice addition to the universe. But, If I made a list of my top villians they would be at the bottom of it.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm another one who only had Kobra Khan originally as a kid. Even though I was still collecting when the Snake Men were originally released, I was far more interested in filling in the gaps from earlier wave releases than buying Snake Men.

But I have to say, I'm rather the same with the Evil Horde - although I had all of the Horde, except Grizzlor, I was far more interested in the age-old battle between He-Man and Skeletor. In my "universe", the Horde were little more than a break-away squad that Skeletor would sometimes use for various missions, and didn't have very high ranking.

Oh, and Mr. Shokoti, I rather agree about the Snake Men's 2002 cartoon appearance. Actually, they made them slightly more interesting than I had found them previously, but I still didn't overly care for them.

In my MOTU Universe, it will always be about He-Man versus Skeletor and his cronies.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I'll raise my hand as another person who prefers Snakeface's ability to be a temporary condition that eventually wears off. I mean, evolutionary speaking, what's the point of it? If it was temporary, he could freeze his prey, move them, and then eat them later, like a spider does wrapping up trapped insects from its web for later.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I didn't understand or agree with the idea of singling them out to be so powerful in 200X. They all seemed like the same character but with different looks and special abilities.

I suppose maybe it comes down to a lot of people being afraid of snakes, but in general they seem like pretty lame predators to me.

I guess I liked the Snakemen as much as anyone else until they became something greater than everyone else in the story. I liked their toys just fine back in the day, but once someone decided General Rattlor and Tung Lashor are more worthy of receiving the cool treatment than Beast Man and Whiplash, a reg flag went up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I didn't understand or agree with the idea of singling them out to be so powerful in 200X. They all seemed like the same character but with different looks and special abilities.

I suppose maybe it comes down to a lot of people being afraid of snakes, but in general they seem like pretty lame predators to me.

I guess I liked the Snakemen as much as anyone else until they became something greater than everyone else in the story. I liked their toys just fine back in the day, but once someone decided General Rattlor and Tung Lashor are more worthy of receiving the cool treatment than Beast Man and Whiplash, a reg flag went up for me.
    It's compensation. If you have a new villain group of only 3 villains, they should be powerful to compensate for their lack of numbers compared to the other 4 groups (27 Heroic Warriors, 23 Evil Warriors, 6 Snake Men and 8 Horde) or they would be considered a joke or an afterthought. I guess you can call it "Inverse MOTU Law", where bad guys are weaker when attacking in large numbers, or are nearly invulnerable when attacking in small numbers.

From Wiki on Ninja in popular culture: An example of both depictions can be found in the American Ninja and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, where a small group of protagonist ninja easily defeat waves of incompetent enemy ninja on multiple occasions only to have far more trouble when facing a more competent lone ninja - this seemingly inconsistent portrayal is jokingly explained using the sarcastic "Inverse Ninja Law", which states that ninja are weaker when they are in larger groups.
    They probably made the Snake Men powerful because there are only six of them and most likely would have been an afterthought with the much more numerous Evil Warriors and the even more evil and powerful Horde.

The Snake Men are supposed to be worse than Skeletor and Hordak is supposed by be worse than the Snake Men. I mean, really...would fans have wanted the Snake Men to be weak, considering that they did rule Eternia ages ago?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 31, 2009 at 01:40pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I liked the Snake Men as a kid and was happy to see them show up in the MYP toon. The only thing I disliked in the end was we got the Snake men before the Horde, I would have preferred if Hordak and company were released first, but that's just my selfish need of wanting 200X Evil Horde action figures...lol.

By the way, all this take about Snake Face's "medusa" powers got me wondering what happen to Tung Lashor's ability to envelop an enemy in a stone-like coating with his tongue, as seen in the mini-comic Snake Attack?

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    By the way, all this take about Snake Face's "medusa" powers got me wondering what happen to Tung Lashor's ability to envelop an enemy in a stone-like coating with his tongue, as seen in the mini-comic Snake Attack?
    Probably got dropped when Mattel thought up Snake Face.

I loved my Snake Men toys when I was a kid and I'm sure my seeing King Hiss fighting He-Man on in a stunt show at Dogpatch USA has something to do with my still liking them to this day. I hope MOTUC has the same design the 80s toy had when they get to King Hsss. The new design for MYP suited that series, but I don't feel it fits well with the look that has so far been established in MOTUC. I never have been crazy about the new spelling of his name, but I can live with it. I concur that Blast-Attak is part of the Snake Men; but since he's a robot, I'm positive that his affiliation can change over time if and when someone decides to take control over him. Also, I've harped on here quite a few different times about that figure skating dress they called Snake Armor. I'd like to forget that ever happened. If anyone insists on keeping that design around, you might as well try to put Snake Armor He-Man in a sequel to "Blades of Glory" (if there isn't one in the works, here's your shot, Hollywood!) because that armor is nothing but a joke. I'm just saying...

It's compensation. If you have a new villain group of only 3 villains, they should be powerful to compensate for their lack of numbers compared to the other 4 groups (27 Heroic Warriors, 23 Evil Warriors, 6 Snake Men and 8 Horde) or they would be considered a joke or an afterthought. I guess you can call it "Inverse MOTU Law", where bad guys are weaker when attacking in large numbers, or are nearly invulnerable when attacking in small numbers.

They probably made the Snake Men powerful because there are only six of them and most likely would have been an afterthought with the much more numerous Evil Warriors and the even more evil and powerful Horde.

The Snake Men are supposed to be worse than Skeletor and Hordak is supposed by be worse than the Snake Men. I mean, really...would fans have wanted the Snake Men to be weak, considering that they did rule Eternia ages ago?
    I realized what they're doing; no need to explain it to me. It was Season 2, and they needed to amp things up. That doesn't make it more legitimate in my mind. I would have preferred they let Clawful, Beast Man, Trap Jaw, and all the rest of Skeletor's dolts find some smart pills and actually challenge He-Man and the other good guys.

But still, the point remains for me that the Snakemen were unworthy of the special treatment.

And why should one group of bad guys be worse than another? Skeletor wants to rule the world, so for all intents and purposes, there's nothing he won't do. How is King Hsss worse than that? Because they cheated and let him actually kill people in a kid's cartoon? Bad guys are bad guys, and they all want to rule Eternia. And there's less story and explanation to back Hsss and why he's so powerful, other than just happening to be the leader of the group they decided to single out as being all-powerful and former rulers of Eternia.

Besides, Hsss shouldn't be worse than Skeletor anyway because Skeletor was trained by the worst of the bunch, that being Hordak. If your teacher is the ruthless leader of the Evil Horde, and your goal is to conquer the world, no one's going to be worse than you unless they're more powerful (like Hordak).

Last, if they made Skeletor and his crew weak, they could have made the Snakemen weak, too. Fans didn't want a pathetic evil force in Season 1, but we got it anyway. Hsss and the Snakemen should have been just as weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I realized what they're doing; no need to explain it to me. It was Season 2, and they needed to amp things up. That doesn't make it more legitimate in my mind. I would have preferred they let Clawful, Beast Man, Trap Jaw, and all the rest of Skeletor's dolts find some smart pills and actually challenge He-Man and the other good guys.

But still, the point remains for me that the Snakemen were unworthy of the special treatment.

And why should one group of bad guys be worse than another? Skeletor wants to rule the world, so for all intents and purposes, there's nothing he won't do. How is King Hsss worse than that? Because they cheated and let him actually kill people in a kid's cartoon? Bad guys are bad guys, and they all want to rule Eternia. And there's less story and explanation to back Hsss and why he's so powerful, other than just happening to be the leader of the group they decided to single out as being all-powerful and former rulers of Eternia.

Besides, Hsss shouldn't be worse than Skeletor anyway because Skeletor was trained by the worst of the bunch, that being Hordak. If your teacher is the ruthless leader of the Evil Horde, and your goal is to conquer the world, no one's going to be worse than you unless they're more powerful (like Hordak).

Last, if they made Skeletor and his crew weak, they could have made the Snakemen weak, too. Fans didn't want a pathetic evil force in Season 1, but we got it anyway. Hsss and the Snakemen should have been just as weak.
    They are all bad, but based on what they've accomplished, Skeletor is the lowest guy on the totem pole. King Hiss killed a cosmic enforcer and conquered the world in ancient times (just like in the original mini-comics) while Hordak defeated the Snake Men and killed King Grayskull.

What's the worst that MYP Skeletor has done?

I think Hordak and Hiss weren't too strong, Skeletor just had to step up his game. Compared to the other two, he's laughable. Just like He-Man, maybe in time he would have gotten to be just as terrible as Hordak and Hiss.

The trouble is the series just ended too early so we never see He-Man and Skeletor get more experienced.

What's the worst that MYP Skeletor has done?
    That was always part of the problem: they never let Skeletor achieve anything. Then when they let others achieve something, it made him look even worse.

The trouble is the series just ended too early so we never see He-Man and Skeletor get more experienced.
    This I think we can all agree on.

What might have been...

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Well, I certainly don't like the Snake Men at all...

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I grew up with MOTU but not Filmation (just didn't air on the local TV when I was little), and I'm not the biggest fan of the Snakemen. I never owned any of them as a child, and I seem to recall finding them scary or creepy as a kid. I was always far more into the Horde and Skeletor's crew. While I love 200X I feel the whole Snakemen subline and plot was the weakest part of that line.
    Check out my various dinosaur sculptures: http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...re-in-progress

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well, I certainly don't like the Snake Men at all...
    I didn't like them AT ALL back in the day, but I did enjoy them a bit more when 200x came along. Suddenly they became intimidating, threatening, and interesting. I didn't enjoy any toy where the action feature made the toy look strange, and most of those I just couldn't get into. Didn't like how MOTUC Hsss came out in snake or regular form. The vintage version of his human form just doesn't do it for me, he doesn't look regal to me, he looks like some kind of green bandit that's going to rob you. If they do a 200x looking KH and he comes out cool I'll get him though, he was pretty creepy in either form and that's kind of what I expect from him. The others I'll have to wait and see.

I Love the snake men!!!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I think it's safe to say that the Snake Men are awesome...

-=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I think it's safe to say that the Snake Men are awesome...
    I'm not gonna lie. If I had seen that commercial when I was a kid, I might have jumped back on the MOTU bandwagon and embraced the Snake Men. That 33 seconds makes them seem a lot cooler than anything Filmation or MYP did with them.

I also made this thread over a year ago. I happen to love the look for the new King Hiss so maybe Kobra Khan won't be the only character with a snake motif that I like.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. If I had seen that commercial when I was a kid, I might have jumped back on the MOTU bandwagon and embraced the Snake Men. That 33 seconds makes them seem a lot cooler than anything Filmation or MYP did with them.

I also made this thread over a year ago. I happen to love the look for the new King Hiss so maybe Kobra Khan won't be the only character with a snake motif that I like.
    Those commercials definitely did their job. All of them...in the 80s.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE...SNAKE MENNNN!#?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    While I love 200X I feel the whole Snakemen subline and plot was the weakest part of that line.
    I feel this way. I like the idea and concept of the Snakemen- but because of the rushed nature of second season MYP- I have this love hate relationship with them.

I really like Kobra Khan and Rattlor.
    Hiss was decent, but needed to be fleshed out more. He lacked Skeletor's screen presents. Tung Lashor and Sqeeeze didn't have enough screen time to judge one way or another- still like them because of the salad=Mossman joke. Snakeface- he didn't have any personality and he was too powerful (I agree the power should wear off). I feel most of problems I have with them would have been solved with a full 24 episode season instead of cramming them into half of a 13 episode season.

My biggest problem with the whole Snakemen saga was how that Zodak became the "hero" of second season. They never completed Zodak's change in personality- he stared an angry man, he ended an angry man, and He-man congratulated him for it! I'll take MAA upstaging He-man any day over Zodak any day!