Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Dig The Snake Men?

I love the Snake Men, I just thought MYP blundered when they had the Snake Men arrive in full force, then lose miserably to the heroic warriors and Zodak in two episodes. What I had liked about the Snake Men before was that they were a vast empire trapped in another dimension. Freeing the full force is the end game, not something you waste on a first fight (from a storytelling POV). Also I'd love to see the Snake Men depicted in the King of the Snake Men mini comic (and the hot Snake Men groupie too).

The Snake Men are definitely cool! I have always liked them. MYP made them seriously dangerous but I prefer the origin story as told in the mini-comics, where Tung Lashor and Rattlor were indentured into service for Hordak over the millennia of King Hiss' interdimensional imprisonment.

Having recently seen the MYP series, I definitely would love to see variants/repaints of Snake Teela, Man-At-Arms and most especially Mekaneck released in MOTUC. Snake Mekaneck would be the only excuse to break my no-plug-in neck extensions rule!

I'm so disappointed that King Hiss' MOTUC snake body is so pathetic and underwhelming.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I was never a huge Snakeman fan. I do like King Hsss, but the rest of them never really did much for me.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I strongly feel the myp cartoon & the mvc comics done a great deal of Justice to the story with there new take on the snake men. the storyline & mythology was great. it adds a new richness to motu. and the characters are awesome. some changes with characters are a little radical like squeeze & tung lashor. but they are still good. I am looking forward to a vintage tung lashor & squeeze.

Never was their biggest fan, likely because I just can't wrap my head around how their King is a hydra with...legs. I understand the anthropomorphic nature of the other Snake Men (and MOTU in general), but it just doesn't fly with Hiss.

That said, I loved Tongue Lashor and Snake Face. Can't wait to have them.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Not a big fan either, but I still hope we get to them in the line eventually.

The only one I had as a kid was Rattlor, and so purely for nostalgic reasons I hope he's one of the first they make.

I can't say I hate them, but using them as the primary villains for Preternia sounds alot better then shoehorning them into the current story lines.

I loved the original toys. However, I absolutely loathed them on the MYP cartoon.

Here's a twist: I like the Snake Men, I hate King Hsss. Always have.

As a kid, the Snake Men figures were creations of Skeletor, were part of his crew, and King Hsss sat at the bottom of the toybox, forever unplayed-with. Hated his action feature, hated the look of the figure. And that is still true today. I think (and I'm not suggesting anyone who disagrees is wrong, this is just my personal taste) that King Hsss looks to be the worst MOTUC figure ever. I hate everything about him.

So 20+ years and I've never come around. I hate him more now than before. Contrarily, I think the various underlings are awesome characters and awesome figures. I absolutely cannot wait to see a Squeeeze or Rattlor in MOTUC. Those were two of my favourite villains as a kid (along with Leech and Whiplash).

I did feel that the MYP Snake storyline was terrible, and I blame it for ruining He-Man, with his cool but ultimately way overused 'Snake Armor.'

I'm still trying to figure out how to fit the Snake Men seemlessly into my MOTU continuity without King Hsss. Maybe I'll keep the idea of King Hsss and just customize a new version of him -- using a design that doesn't make me vomit from my eyes.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    As a kid I felt so detached from MOTU when I saw the Snake Men in the bargain bin at Sav-On. My mom asked if I wanted them and the Horde Trooper and I said no, because without the show, I didn't have a clue who these strange new guys were. And I was trying to grow up and not play with toys anymore, which is why I passed on the Trooper. (LMAO, like I ever stopped buying toys...)

Of course, I could have kicked myself later for passing up those buys. I looked forward for the Snake Men reveal in MYP, as I then knew who they were. But it seemed like it all happened so fast and then they were gone.

To me, they're still mysterious. I know of them, but I don't have the giant ties like I do with the others. It's like I'm a time traveler and they're some of the last ones I have yet to meet...
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Snake Men were awesome in the mini comics, on their cardback art, in the MYP series, and look amazing in staction form. All the Snake Men stactions were amazing. I wish I had all of them. I think in MOTUC-form they will be even better! I'm really looking forward to the new scults and tooling on the Snake Men.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I loved King Hiss. And I love Kobra Khan. And other than being a "Snake Man" I never considered Kobra Khan a Snakeman. But I Loved how MYP Did him. A 'lowly' decendant of the "true" Snakemen. Serving Skeletor, just trying to get by, but desperate to get acknowledgement from the Old Original guard Snakemen.

Though I'll buy the figures, and they'll be beautiful (probably) I never really cared about them, With Snakeface being my least favourite.

Oh, incedentally about MYP I also love the idea of them being Preternian and MOTUC squarly placing them as such (I believe) is fine with me. A potential new threat from the past for He-Man, but not a big bad (unlike the MYP) is what I"m hoping for.

I actually hope Kobra Khan doesnt have the "Snakemen" sticker. Oh dont get me wrong, I wont begrudge it if they did, as I'm sure there's someone out there just sweating "Finally" getting him as an official snakeman, but I just think of him as Skeletor's minion.

OH and Mekanek is way better than Rattlor.

I loved all of the Snake Men and Horde members back in the 80's. I can't wait to see them all eventually made in this line!!

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Well, 2002 cartoon was NOT the first place the snakesmen where introduced.
    I agree i hate the myp snakesmen, they are a bland group of racist gluttons with little brain (and not much muscle either, except large numbers).
    But i do like the original minicomic snakesmen, that, to be honest, were little more than a semi-independent group working alongside Skeletor (and, of course, constantly plotting to betray him). That idea of the snakesmen i kinda liked: a once great race, whose remanants have to work together with the new "evil" powers in order to try and regain their lost glory. Very "Conanesque", if that's a word in English.
    I still have fond memories f Hiss and Lashor sitting around the familiar Skeletor's scry-table at the beginning of the energy zoids minicomic
    We have to wait for Hsss bio in order to find out where they'll borrow the background for the snakes. My prevision? Both classic an myp continuity...we'll see.

Elder Councilman
    I think part of the problem that the Snake Men has is that the Horde completely overshadows them....in like every possible way.

Well, MOTUC is the opportunity to show their stuff!
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I think part of the problem that the Snake Men has is that the Horde completely overshadows them....in like every possible way.

Well, MOTUC is the opportunity to show their stuff!
    Hi, well i doubt the horde can overshadow ANYONE...not even orko!

Heroic Warrior
    You can`t go wrong with beings half snake and half human...

Love them!

Snake Men are awesome, I like Rattlor and Tung Lashor best and Khan if you count him as a snake men, King Hss is a great character, didn't paritcular like or dislike the toy. Never cared much for Sssqueeze or Snake Face though...