View Poll Results: Ok, what kind of armor would you prefer.

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Removable full armor.

30 56.60%
  • 2. "Two piece armor system" with upper and lower armor removeable.

9 16.98%
  • 3. "Two piece armor system" with removeable upper armor and sculpted lower armor piece.

8 15.09%
  • 4. Removeable upper armor and a visible normal belly piece.

6 11.32%

Thread: Hec-Tors armor!

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar

Hec-Tors armor!

Ok, what kind of armor would you prefer.

1. Removable full armor.

2. "Two piece armor system" with upper and lower armor removeable.

3. "Two piece armor system" with removeable upper armor and sculpted lower armor piece.

4. Removeable upper armor and a visible normal belly piece.

I would prefer a removeable full armor, the kind the classic toy had. I could live without ab articulation.
    Last edited by Matt79; March 31, 2009 at 02:10pm.

"Removable full armor" is the way I would like it also.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I voted for 3. I won't be removing their trademark armor anyway.

I would think that MOTUC are meant to be displayed in their original armor. The interchangeable armor gimmick worked better with the 80's figures, which didn't have to look like anything in particular (which is why we have Mer-Man not looking like his 8 back pic). MOTUC Skeletor (the hood), Beast Man (really long neck), Merman (the gills) and Hordak (lower armor) look incomplete without their original armor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    I like it the way it is.

Ideally for me I think I'd like removable upper and lower torso armor. But, with that said I have no issues with the way they ended up doing it. I do think though, had they just used a regular ab section and painted it black that would have been good too. Just look at He-Ro.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I voted for removable full armor. I can live without the ab crunch features. I don’t see the point with these figures having removable armor if they’re going to look terrible without it on.

Another option not listed in the poll would be to have no removable armor at all and have entirely original sculpted torsos. If articulation is that important, as it seems to be to many people, that’s the only way I can see having articulation yet still remaining faithful to the design of the original armor. This route would be too costly for Mattel to consider. Some torsos could get multiple uses like Fisto’s, Jitsu’s, etc.

Either removable full torso armor which restricts ab crunch articulation or non removable, articulated, original sculpted torsos are both fine with me. As long as the figure looks good. As it is, I’m not digging the way they’re going with the armor.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I voted for removable full armor. I can live without the ab crunch features. I don’t see the point with these figures having removable armor if they’re going to look terrible without it on.

Another option not listed in the poll would be to have no removable armor at all and have entirely original sculpted torsos. If articulation is that important, as it seems to be to many people, that’s the only way I can see having articulation yet still remaining faithful to the design of the original armor. This route would be too costly for Mattel to consider. Some torsos could get multiple uses like Fisto’s, Jitsu’s, etc.

Either removable full torso armor which restricts ab crunch articulation or non removable, articulated, original sculpted torsos are both fine with me. As long as the figure looks good. As it is, I’m not digging the way they’re going with the armor.
    I agree. This is a great idea!!

It's fine as is by my book.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

yeah the way the armor is right now really doesnt bother me.
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

i voted number option 4. but i really dont care about how the armor is made. I trust the 4H and if that is the way they design it then that is fine by me.

Who is Hec-Tor?

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I can't wait to see the first previews of this figure unveiling some details about his armor. I'm still not digging his armor, but maybe he's one of those figures who look better in hand than in some pictures.

@Megalodon
    Hec-Tor-Kur is Hordaks real name.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. If they had simply painted a normal abdominal sculpt, it would look rather crappy, but they didn't do that. The solution they've come up with is perfectly all right with me.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    For those of you that are like me, and are bothered with the way the armor looks etc etc. Let me ask this-

Would you accept "soft" armor instead of hard?
    Look at Mer-Man and Zodac. Thier armor covers their belly but because it is "soft" armor it is not a problem.
    Now I would rather have hard armor, but it is the look over all and if I could have the look with "soft" armor I would take it.

We know that Hordak will not be changed, it is to late(except for maybe the rerlease if thier is one.)
    But this is for future figures like Fisto and Jitsu.
    The problem is(and has always been) that Mattel makes a decision and thats the way it is.
    They did with 200X, they do it with other lines and they are doing it here.
    For once I just wish they wiuld step up and say they are wrong, we need help, and we will fix it--then actuall DO IT!!!

Edit: It has also been revealed in this thread-http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=170252
    That only the lower part is colored, leaving the upper part grey.
    And if you look at the pics you can see it is a smooth black piece wrapped around the waist.
    Last edited by Raining Light; April 17, 2009 at 11:22am.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
    Now I would rather have hard armor, but it is the look over all and if I could have the look with "soft" armor I would take it.
    I agree- wouldn't mind the soft armor at all. The more rigid plastic would be preferable, but if I had to choose between the current half-armor look, and a full armor look with softer plastic- would go with the full armor/softer plastic option. It would look snazzy still, and the ab articulation would still be preserved.