View Poll Results: Should MATTEL let the FANS create "Real names" for MOTUC?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Hold a contest each month and let FANS vote for their favorite names!

35 57.38%
  • NO! The names being assigned to the figures are just fine.

26 42.62%

Thread: Should MATTEL let the FANS create "Real names" for MOTUC?

Hybrid View

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar

Should MATTEL let the FANS create "Real names" for MOTUC?

Many MOTU fans have not been thrilled by the "real names" that the figures have been getting. This got me thinking... why doesn't MATTEL have a contest each month for fans to create names?

Fans on the Org could submit names, and then a poll could be set up where we vote for the name we like best. Have it be that the winner wins a prize (a signed action figure of the character they named.)

I think that this would be a really cool marketing strategy for Mattel if they did something like this. Certainly creates more interest in the toyline. Who wouldn't want bragging rights to say that they named a character in the MOTU universe!?

Just a crazy little thought I had. Curious what other people out there think of this...
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Many MOTU fans have not been thrilled by the "real names" that the figures have been getting. This got me thinking... why doesn't MATTEL have a contest each month for fans to create names?

Fans on the Org could submit names, and then a poll could be set up where we vote for the name we like best. Have it be that the winner wins a prize (a signed action figure of the character they named.)

I think that this would be a really cool marketing strategy for Mattel if they did something like this. Certainly creates more interest in the toyline. Who wouldn't want bragging rights to say that they named a character in the MOTU universe!?

Just a crazy little thought I had. Curious what other people out there think of this...
    That would be a nice idea! I'm all for it. The fans have come up with far better names than Mattel has so far.

Though the real names should only be for all of the characters whose names are titles, like Clamp Champ, Ram Man, Snout Spout, etc.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yes, one would be cool.

I voted no. only because i could care less about there real names. I love the stories about where they came and how they came to be more

Hell yes..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    Never gonna happen.

the logistics and legalities involved wouldn't make it worthwhile.

your best bet would be for Mattel to propose several potential names, and allow fans to vote on which one they like best.

and I really think we should see where all of this is going in the first place before we throw the baby out with the bathwater. I'm starting to note connections between certain characters' names, and I wanna see how it weaves into the larger tapestry.

perhaps there's a reason they chose the names they did, and they're not arbitrary, or just random names out of a hat, like with Star Wars.

Maybe Mattel could take a leaf out of the 4H's fantastic exclusive book and create a few versions and then run a poll on each name to see what comes out on top. We get a say but ultemately they would still be creating the names so would still end up with one of the options they wanted from the star and would still be controling the process. Also because they would be creating the names for us to choose from they would still be in legal control of all that stuff, as they can't use fan stuff right?. Just an idea, but still would prefer that there were no real names in the first place.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

i voted no. its the only choice to vote. not cause all the names are good but because it isnt our choice. to suggest that it should be is ludicrous.

Oh gosh, no.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Sorry but no. Mattel would obviously select the name that would make the least sense.

Heroic Warrior
    No. I'm not readin' these silly bios to begin with...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE