April 1, 2009, 12:30pm
WTFWTK 2.17 - Ask your questions here!
Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
- Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
- Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
- This is for questions only; not discussion.
- We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
Please avoid questions about:
- Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).
Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
Filmation characters are off limits!
Who will be produced will remain to be seen.
We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
It's nothing personal.
Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):
The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):
1. Has Mattel determined if and how much they will increase production numbers on figures, based on recent sell-outs?
2. Will Hordak's title be changed to its classic "Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde" rather than "Evil Leader" due to the redundant use of the word evil?
3. While waiting for the subscription to go into effect, could Mattel offer batches of each MOTUC figure at different times over the course of the day to help people who can't order the figures due to Internet restrictions at work?
4. Originally Mattel announced that sales had justified the possibility of doing vehicles. But in the latest Q&A you said no vehicles are planned and instead just large beasts. Why the change?
5. If the fans don't like some aspect on a figure that is more than 3 months away, is there a chance to enact a change on that very figure if there is enough negative feedback towards it?
6. Since Faker still has the large crotch piece which gives the figure the bowlegged stance, will (and if so, when will) Mattel make the smaller crotch piece used on Stratos & Beast Man the standard?
7. There are fans who are a little weary that other armored figures such as King Randor, Fisto, Clawful and so on will be showing their abs like Hordak. Do you know if this will be the case, or will they have armor that goes all the way down their upper torso like the classic 80s figures?
8. There have been numerous reports on He-Man.org alone of production mistakes on MOTUC figures. Why are all these errors happening?
9. How about adding a "back order" option to sold-out figures on Matty Collector to help Mattel gauge interest in 2nd edition figures, help Mattel adjust future production runs, plus to notify those customers when that figure returns for reorder?
10. What is the purpose of "real" names for the characters, and what is the process for coming up with each new "real" name?
So ask those questions!