Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.17 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.17 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts with repeat questions & multiple questions will be deleted, and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for questions only; not discussion.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

Please avoid questions about:
    • Figure specific requests (eg: When will we see She-Ra?).

Figure specific requests will undoubtedly be met with a "anything is possible" answer.
    The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 10 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    It's nothing personal.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Has Mattel determined if and how much they will increase production numbers on figures, based on recent sell-outs?

2. Will Hordak's title be changed to its classic "Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde" rather than "Evil Leader" due to the redundant use of the word evil?

3. While waiting for the subscription to go into effect, could Mattel offer batches of each MOTUC figure at different times over the course of the day to help people who can't order the figures due to Internet restrictions at work?

4. Originally Mattel announced that sales had justified the possibility of doing vehicles. But in the latest Q&A you said no vehicles are planned and instead just large beasts. Why the change?

5. If the fans don't like some aspect on a figure that is more than 3 months away, is there a chance to enact a change on that very figure if there is enough negative feedback towards it?

6. Since Faker still has the large crotch piece which gives the figure the bowlegged stance, will (and if so, when will) Mattel make the smaller crotch piece used on Stratos & Beast Man the standard?

7. There are fans who are a little weary that other armored figures such as King Randor, Fisto, Clawful and so on will be showing their abs like Hordak. Do you know if this will be the case, or will they have armor that goes all the way down their upper torso like the classic 80s figures?

8. There have been numerous reports on He-Man.org alone of production mistakes on MOTUC figures. Why are all these errors happening?

9. How about adding a "back order" option to sold-out figures on Matty Collector to help Mattel gauge interest in 2nd edition figures, help Mattel adjust future production runs, plus to notify those customers when that figure returns for reorder?

10. What is the purpose of "real" names for the characters, and what is the process for coming up with each new "real" name?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Heroic Warrior
    how about different face expressions for he-man and skeletor variants, such as the battle armor versions, thunderpunch-he-man, dragon blaster skeletor etc... a yelling skeletor expression would be cool!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    With global exchange rates fluctuating, would it be possible to have equivalent standard prices for each country.

For example - The US = $20, The UK = £15

I understand you have to make a profit, but its a different worth in each country, if you understand here I'm coming from.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Heroic Warrior
    Q - Is the Teela body-sculpt going to be the "standard/recycled" female figure body-sculpt for all (or most) female figures in the MOTUC line, including POP figures such as She-Ra?

Thanks.

Cheers.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, since my question isn't being asked this round, I'll add it in again...
    After reading Zodac's bio, can you confirm that when/if 200X Zodak is made, they are indeed to separate beings or just "alternate" versions of each other since this Zodac has nothing mention about the the rivaly with King Hsss that was firmly established in the MYP series.

Yeah, same here please, since my question wasn't asked last time:

Does sticking to MOTUC's new "merged continuity" prohibit including features specific to one particular continuity e.g. a King Grayskull variant with 200X-accurate sword, belt, harness etc., or does your variant heads approach imply an openness to this sort of flexibility & variation?

Bang your head!!!
    With Hordak being the first member of the Horde and She-Ra to be the first Princess of Power figure to be released. Is it a safe bet that we will see King Hiss before any other Snake Man figure?...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Heroic Warrior
    You've said in previous posts that you will probably change an exclusive con figures accessory or paint application for the Matty website and my question is why would you want to alienate all of the fans who can't make it to those cons? Other companies sell their exclusives online without making any changes to them and it works out fine for everyone without alienating anyone why can't you?

It's been stated that Teela will have a variant, if a figure has a variant that's sold the same month as the regular one will the fans be able to choose to order either or/both or will he/she be packed and shipped out at random?
    Last edited by radrcks; April 2, 2009 at 09:28pm.

Will the limit for exclusives be lowered from 10 when the SDCC exclusives go on sale on Mattycollector.com, similar to Faker?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Will He-Ro's sales be a way to see if some of the more obscure characters that existed only as a prototype before will be able to be made in this line? (I.E. Eldor, The Star Sisters and Glory Bird, and Mara from NA)
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

If & when King Grayskull is reissued, will he have removable armour like He-Man and the rest have?

Heroic Warrior
    How about a pre-order feature on mattycollector.com for upcoming figures? This would be a great way to help in the determining of production number. Thanks!

Will there be any differences between the He-Ro figure offered at SDCC and the He-Ro figure offered on MattyCollector.com after SDCC?

Basicly every Horde or Snake Men figure needs atleast 90% unique sculpting, so do we need to forget them for now (year 2010 also) ?
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Movie mayhem!
    Its been announced that the next NYCC won't be until Oct of 2010. That means after SDCC this year, the next opportunity for an exlusive figure won't be untill SDCC rolls around again in a year! Is it possible to see a .org exclusive done or some other sort of exclusive/extra figure between the two SDCC's? Something thats a little more than the easy to do bonus figures you've mentioned we might see?

I know this question has been asked before, but in the light of good sales, is there any chance of 5 1/2 inch figures being released for the 1980's fans to fit into there collection?

(A 5 1/2 He-Ro would so rock!)

Hello Mattel

How big is the chance - to order 10 figures (per person) of Hero with Matty after the SDCC?
    The minimum must be 6, i have a lot of friends in germany who want one.

Nice greetings

Heroic Warrior
    Hello and thank you for the He-Ro figure... It totally ROCKS !

I noticed that many of the "leaders" have already been released or are scheduled to be released (King Grayskull, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, He-Ro, She-Ra...). It's nice, clever and logical to release the leaders quickly, since they have an important place and a huge role in the Eternian and Etherian myths.

Is there any chance we'll get a King Hiss soon ?

Can you please clarify the painted on armor for both Hordak and He-ro? Is the armor color (black/gold) painted on their entire chest and stomach area or just where the real armor ends? If it's just the lower half, than you really can't remove the real armor without the figure looking silly and the whole idea of removable and exchangeable armor becomes mute since characters will have 2 opposing colors, the armor and the exposed stomach. Thanks.

With the excitement behind MOTUC continually building, at what point do those of you at Mattel decide that it's time to branch out beyond figures alone? i.e., a new comic book line or direct to dvd movies.

how many years have you thought out the line? For instance do you know who's going to be the may figure in 2011? If you do not what month and year is the cut off

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Since a lot of MotU fans are fans of other Mattel products, will there be any way to combine shipping on Mattel's SDCC figures and Man-At-Arms, either by "holding" MAA until the SDCC figures ship, or by delaying MAA's sale date until the SDCC leftovers go up for sale?

Is the Wonder Twins accessory Eagle a serious option to use for a ZOAR/ SCREEECH repaint? Perhaps with some extra armour and stand?

Heroic Warrior
    Are there plans to release Grizzlor and if so will he have moulded or the orginal fur style and will be be as possible as the other characters.