Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Cat = Articulated

Heroic Warrior

Battle Cat = Articulated

From a March Matty FAQ (last question):

Kastor's Korner FAQ

Now with Cat Scratch action!

Cool QnA! Not much about MOTUC besides the 1 BC question, nice to hear some financial stuff about how they produce/sell each set of figs I`d also like to see more superfriends in Mattel`s DC lines mainly DCUC!
    Last edited by adam03; March 2, 2009 at 02:41pm.

Awesome. The vintage, stagnant version is kind of silly, really. It'd be ridiculous to just paint a sculpted block, put some accessories on it, and call it a MOTUC Battle Cat.

Battle Cat better be $19.99 --- the MOTUC figures are already too high (especially with S&H). If they bump the price up to $30 or something for BC then I'll be pretty disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by quintonarledge View Post
    Battle Cat better be $19.99 --- the MOTUC figures are already too high (especially with S&H). If they bump the price up to $30 or something for BC then I'll be pretty disappointed.
    BattleCat will for sure more expensive as the figures. It´s a much bigger figure with mor plastic.
    I think min. 25$, but at the end 30$ will be the price.
    (just a thought)
    Last edited by Merman79; March 2, 2009 at 03:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    BattleCat will for sure more expensive as the figures. It´s a much bigger figure figure with mor plastic.
    I think min. 25$, but at the end 30$ will be the price.
    (just a thought)
    I agree and I would happily pay 30$ for a proper (which means bigger) sized and articulated Battlecat!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd pay $50. Battle Cat could be awesome if done right. Alternate heads for Cringer?

No doubt Battle Cat and Panthor will be more than $20. I would be surprised if they are $30 or less. They require all new parts that can't be used for anything else.

Does any-one know what the prices for a figure were an 80s BC vs figure and a 200X BC vs figure? I bought everything on E-bay.
    I am curious just to find how realistic it is that some fans demand the same price..

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Does any-one know what the prices for a figure were an 80s BC vs figure and a 200X BC vs figure? I bought everything on E-bay.
    I am curious just to find how realistic it is that some fans demand the same price..
    Hy Johnny, the 200X BC, i mean it was 19,99€

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Hy Johnny, the 200X BC, i mean it was 19,99€
    and figures 15,99€, right? that would make BC $25 since Motuc figures are $20.. and I am willing to pay another $5 to have a BIG BC

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    and figures 15,99€, right? that would make BC $25 since Motuc figures are $20.. and I am willing to pay another $5 to have a BIG BC
    The figures were 12,99€, deluxe figures a little bit more.

Then BC should even be $38 if you keep the comparison.
    I really don't understand why people demand the same price for BC in MOTUC then. Wishfull thinking?

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    I think it's called being strapped for cash.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Awesome. The vintage, stagnant version is kind of silly, really. It'd be ridiculous to just paint a sculpted block, put some accessories on it, and call it a MOTUC Battle Cat.
    Just what I was thinking. If they made motuc BC that was a statue like the vintage one, i wouldn't buy it. I'd just stick with the vintage one i already have & not waste my money.

Yeah, they'd have to make them articualted or there'd be no point in even making them at all imo.
    for an Articulated BC (and Panthor) with an alternate ''Cringer'' head, I'd pay up to $50 for. hopefully they won't cost THAT much.

what I want to know is how are HM & Skeletor going to sit on their steeds with their stiff-as-a-board loincloths? They used too much starch when they did their laundry.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Battlecat, you are SO articulated! CUTE!

Sorry, had to say it.

Honestly, does Mattel have a Lion or Panther body from other toy lines that would be large enough for Battle Cat and Panthor? Even if it was just the body, legs, that would save them sculpting $ $ $ $.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I imagine Battle Cat could easily run $40, and if he's as awesome and huge (he's gotta be huge, both previous versions are too small for me) as I'm picturing the 4H will make him, it'll be more than worth it.

Maybe a He-Man/Battle Cat boxed set for $50, but $20 for BC? Not gonna happen.

Depending on how many they think they can sell, and the fact that Panthor makes it so they're selling all of us the same figure twice, it could be slightly lower, but if you're already budgeting your toy allowance for 2010, I'd allow at least $30 + shipping each for Battle Cat and Panthor.

$50?? Wow you must have alot of extra money to spend....

And Cringer is smaller than Battle Cat so that won't happen..

Quote Originally Posted by ghost lion View Post
    I'd pay $50. Battle Cat could be awesome if done right. Alternate heads for Cringer?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    They require all new parts that can't be used for anything else.
    Exactly. I've got no problem paying whatever they charge for him since I want him more than most characters--probably more than any other.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I would predict $35, based on the price of the figures and this would be bigger and just as articulated. Of course, $30 would be sweeter, and we haven't even mentioned anything about shipping.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    $50?? Wow you must have alot of extra money to spend....

And Cringer is smaller than Battle Cat so that won't happen..
    $50 for a large poseable toy/vehicle isn't that much really. The Stactions were $20 and immobile and alot smaller than a BC figure and sold in retail. these are online exclusive toys so the price will be higher just for that reason alone.

anybody with a job and income can afford $50 for one toy without breaking their bank account. It's not as if these are being released in waves like other toylines. I myself have been unemployed since November and I still manage to collect the toylines I like, though I have cut down quite a bit, for now. the only toyline I have to get every figure for will be this one.

I've gone for over 20+ yrs without a Cringer toy...i'd just take the armor off BC and presto, it's cringer... good enough for me then, good enough now. (just kidding!!) I'd love to have a proper cringer figure, but I'd take an alternate head to make BC be Cringer if it means saving on tooling for other figures to get made. I don't see Cringer happening, since it's basically the same animal without the armor, and a different face expression. Would they really spend the money to do that? It'd be more feasible to pack in an alternate head, than to make a whole other 'cat toy' just to make it smaller. Filmation Cringer was pretty damn big.....myp Cringer was quite small though.

I hope they don't make BC cost $50, by all means i hope it costs less. But anyone with an income can certainly afford $50 for one item a month. Hell, if you can afford to collect toys, you're certainly not hurting for money that much.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

I hope he's got a good size to him.
    He's not your average tiger after all.

$50 is rather pricey, but I'll pay it to get a proper Battle Cat.

(Would rather pay between 35-40 though, any cheaper and I'll be afraid they're skimping somewhere, like scale or quality plastics and paint.)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Point taken but you missed my point...

If people say they are going to spend $$$$$ on a figure that's fine but they are not being rational.Why spend the more than what is going for?? $20 for a figure is fine but to say that they would spend $50 when it may not be that high?? Please don't give Mattel any ideas this line is great but I don't want to work JUST to collect this line instead of paying bills...

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    $50 for a large poseable toy/vehicle isn't that much really. The Stactions were $20 and immobile and alot smaller than a BC figure and sold in retail. these are online exclusive toys so the price will be higher just for that reason alone.

anybody with a job and income can afford $50 for one toy without breaking their bank account. It's not as if these are being released in waves like other toylines. I myself have been unemployed since November and I still manage to collect the toylines I like, though I have cut down quite a bit, for now. the only toyline I have to get every figure for will be this one.

I've gone for over 20+ yrs without a Cringer toy...i'd just take the armor off BC and presto, it's cringer... good enough for me then, good enough now. (just kidding!!) I'd love to have a proper cringer figure, but I'd take an alternate head to make BC be Cringer if it means saving on tooling for other figures to get made. I don't see Cringer happening, since it's basically the same animal without the armor, and a different face expression. Would they really spend the money to do that? It'd be more feasible to pack in an alternate head, than to make a whole other 'cat toy' just to make it smaller. Filmation Cringer was pretty damn big.....myp Cringer was quite small though.

I hope they don't make BC cost $50, by all means i hope it costs less. But anyone with an income can certainly afford $50 for one item a month. Hell, if you can afford to collect toys, you're certainly not hurting for money that much.

Originall from Milwaukee, WI. Just moved to St. Pete, FL
    Another way to extend the sculpt and possibly help with the price is to also do King Grayskull's lion steed with the same sculpt. I think the lion was actually much larger than battlecat, but if this sculpt for battlecat/panthor already exists why not use it a 3rd time? They would only need to add on the lions mane.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by quintonarledge View Post
    dude it'll obviously be higher, its like the size of two motuc figures.

just think how sick this is going to be... The four horsemen can make this REALLY work, take a look at their seventh kingdom elephant figures, the details and realism in the elephant is just unbelievable...
    Last edited by mr.fantastico; March 2, 2009 at 06:46pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost