Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think He-Ro is "alive" in this canon

Heroic Warrior

Do you think He-Ro is "alive" in this canon

Now that we are getting a He-Ro figure after all these years, I want to know if you all think that He-Ro is among the living in "present-day" Eternia? We know King Grayskull met his end due to the hands of Hordak, plus you can't have a He-Man without the death of King Grayskull (in this canon). Other characters from KG's time though are still alive and kicking like Hordak, King Hsss, and Zodac/Zodak. But, do you all think He-Ro is still around? Can He-Ro fight side-by-side along with He-Man like he did with KG, or do you think he has met his demise, especially if you one of the many who think's his sword/clothing/powers are the bridge to She-Ra's bio/powers? Your thoughts...

Heroic Warrior
    Don't know.

In my version, he will interact with He-Man, etc.

If the POG series had happened, he may have even traveled to the future (He-Man's time) at the end. Since that never came to pass, for all we know, Mattel could have let the focus be on POG for a few years, then have He-Ro "travel to He-Man's time", so they could re-introduce the original MOTU line (and sell the MOTU figures to a new set of kids).
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Now that we are getting a He-Ro figure after all these years, I want to know if you all think that He-Ro is among the living in "present-day" Eternia? We know King Grayskull met his end due to the hands of Hordak, plus you can't have a He-Man without the death of King Grayskull (in this canon). Other characters from KG's time though are still alive and kicking like Hordak, King Hsss, and Zodac/Zodak. But, do you all think He-Ro is still around? Can He-Ro fight side-by-side along with He-Man like he did with KG, or do you think he has met his demise, especially if you one of the many who think's his sword/clothing/powers are the bridge to She-Ra's bio/powers? Your thoughts...
    It's a mystery concerning his ultimate fate. You'd think we could find it out from history books, but He-Man was unaware of He-Ro, so any record of him might be forgotten. Maybe Hiss purged all records of him when he conquered Eternia.

I think he's either:

• Trapped somewhere like Hiss and Hordak were
    • Lived his life and died naturally; only available with time travel
    • Killed by his enemies
    • He's simply watching the events unfold
    • Some kind of Cosmic being nowadays; cares little for "mortal conflicts"

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Co-Creator of the NV
    I think that Max's possibilities are the most likely ones as well.

My guess is that he's not "regularly" around. I think that if he is, there'd be a power imbalance particularly given that it's assumed that She-Ra will also be part of the line.

Bridge to She-Ra. I think He-Ro ultimately transformed into Light Hope

A big fan of Slush Head
    Wasn't it hinted by MYP on the dvds that the tombstone outside Castle Grayskull could be He-Ro's
    There was a discussion about this in the past. We are not 100% sure.
    It was stated that it was from someone very important

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I though that tombstone was King Grayskull's.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I thought King Grayskull was entombed inside Castle Grayskull in a secret chamber that has his bronze statue. I see He-ro as an ancient Eternian hero. I think it would take too much away from He-man if he was alive in the present day. The guy could take over as the main character and just fight Skeletor magic vs magic.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I though that tombstone was King Grayskull's.
    That could be, but King Grayskull didn't have a body to bury. He vanished into thin air, became energy of sorts that would fill the elders and the power sword.

(Tombstones tend to go with a body. I recognize it's not always the case, but it usually is.)

And to answer the question of this thread in my opinion? No, I don't think he's alive in the "He-Man" era of MotU.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I imagine maybe he's alive in the "Force" sense.

I kind of see King Greyskull and He-Ro in their own canon and not part of the main canon.

I'm not sure. Maybe his story will segway into She-ra's.

I plan on putting him right in the foreground in line with my other heroic warrior figures and would prefer it if He-Ro were alive in the new continuity. I love my KG figure, but I don't have much use for dead people toys... heh... I just have him standing in the background on my desk right now. He doesn't really get to throw down with the other figures.

Well he will be alive in my cannon
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Geez, Brian. Can you be any more heartless?
    Putting a living He-Ro in your cannon to shoot out to his doom?
    Cruel, I say!

...sorry, couldn't resist.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And I hope to see you all at Power-Con!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Well, in the original line, both He-man and He-Ro can exist together in the same timeline with the help of the Eternia's Main Tower's time corridor. That's only because it's kinda cheating. The NA took He-man out of his time and brought him to thier future, er... present... well, you know, which makes He-man exist in that time too.

So, because of The Time Corridors, He-Ro can exist on He-Man's time as well. But if memory's right, I remember it was said somewhere that He-Ro did persihed during a battle of something and it was even said that that tombstone outside of Grayskull was his.

Unless the said tombstone is just a memoriam, just like Grayskull's statue within his Castle. Maybe He-Ro lead the Cosmic Enforcers a long time ago in which now only Zodac is left. Which raises the question; What happened to him?

Ooook, so we're back at the beggining...
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Either in the past or traveling between time dimensions occasionally sounds about right. Otherwise, having him, He-man and She-ra your going to have to up the power of evil by x1000.

the way i see i want HE-RO to be the power soarce for she-ra's powers
    like Greyskulls was for he-man

the gold armor and red cape is sort looks like she-ra...sorta
    and i can see that gem in his staff as the gem in her power sword
    and the fact that her weapon can change into other stuff unlike he-man's sword shows that is has another magical soarce...
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

I think the key to who he is going to be is in that "truly outrageous" sparkle sword (I'm loving that name, but don't take it as an insult; I have a weakness for translucent, shiny things). I'm thinking that he might be alive in a time travel sense, and that the sword might be some sort of astral connection to Greyskull that might have been created by He-Ro himself.

Doesn't matter much, though, 'cause I'm already developing my own story for 'em as it is. Doesn't mean I'm not interested to see what else they come up with for the new cannon!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Geez, Brian. Can you be any more heartless?
    Putting a living He-Ro in your cannon to shoot out to his doom?
    Cruel, I say!

...sorry, couldn't resist.
    Very funny! Haha!!!!

I didnt get it at first. I was like what. But now I get it .
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    the way i see i want HE-RO to be the power soarce for she-ra's powers
    like Greyskulls was for he-man

the gold armor and red cape is sort looks like she-ra...sorta
    and i can see that gem in his staff as the gem in her power sword
    and the fact that her weapon can change into other stuff unlike he-man's sword shows that is has another magical soarce...
    yup i see he-ro and KG as analogs to she-ra and he-man. sort of like a cycle.

i can see he-ro being a mystical being like light hope or the sorceress. powerful but with limitations such as not being able to leave the castle etc.

it all depends on how they handle him. if he is on par with all the other sword bearers in terms of power i'd say he is probably dead so as not to over shadow he-man and she-ra. you wouldnt want all these people with power swords running around and overpowering the villains by just themselves.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I don`t think he`s among those in present day Eternia for 1 simple reason, it`s says on KG`s bio that he fought side by side with He Ro, which according to the Sorceress in the MYP toon was at least an eon before present day Eternia.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I don`t think he`s among those in present day Eternia for 1 simple reason, it`s says on KG`s bio that he fought side by side with He Ro, which according to the Sorceress in the MYP toon was at least an eon before present day Eternia.
    Yeah, except they. Fought side-by-side with each other against Hordak and King Hsss, who are alive in the present. And don't forget that Zodac was with the Council of Elders and left after KG's death.

To me, He-Man and He-Ro are warriors from different times who fought side by side by means of time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    … I don't have much use for dead people toys...
    My Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi figure resents that remark.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    To me, He-Man and He-Ro are warriors from different times who fought side by side by means of time travel.

My Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi figure resents that remark.

LMAO
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.