Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Adora

MOTUC Visions: Adora

Despite the success of the first design, I managed to resist a week before posting the next one.
    Which, due to the good feedback on She-Ra couldn't be anyone else than Adora

The main issue with Adora is that we all want a pure Filmation design.
    But we know that isn't really possibile, so I tryed to find away to make her work anyway.
    I started adding more details to the costume and I added a Horde Symbol to her chest, since she was the Horde Force Captain.
    BUT, they chest peice could be removable and could be replaced with one without the bat symbol, representing her deserting the Horde army and joining the rebellion.

Another extra step could givin her a totally different paint scheme, more "Horde" in colors, but keeping exactly the same sculpt.
    Customizers could easily repaint her the way she's supposed to look and, if Mattel get the rights, she could be offered again in her red and white suit.

Accesseries would be the again the sword with the gem and a Horde stun ray gun.

A little note. Of course she had been drawn way before we had chance to see Teela's prototype, so the contruction and how the 4H would handle the suit may not 100% accurate.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Well, this was certainly a surprise! A horde armour Adora!

I thought for sure that you would use more of an influence from your 200x design of Adora, actually.

What type of emblem would she have instead of the horde-mug btw? I'm thinking maybe a Brightmoon or Grayskull.

Anyways, it looks smashin'. Have you considered a colour-variant, where you paint her legs to give her tights, and then apply the toy-Adam colour-scheme to her? That would be really neat to see...

,Really great!
    A proud Illumina fan! - She-Raver by conviction...

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Well, this was certainly a surprise! A horde armour Adora!
    I thought for sure that you would use more of an influence from your 200x design of Adora, actually.
    Nah, this isn't about "my designs", but more about what would make more people happy.
    MOTUC to me (but I bet it's the same for the 4H) isn't anymore a way to reimagine the characters, but more about giving the most perfect representation of what the character were originally including elements that stuck in fans' mind over the years

What type of emblem would she have instead of the horde-mug btw? I'm thinking maybe a Brightmoon or Grayskull.
    The only one that would make sense would be a Brighmoon insigna, since the Rebellion is lead by the queen and princesses from Brightmoon
    She-Ra is her secret identity so it wouldn't be smart for her to have something related to Graykull on his suit, especially considered Grayskull is on another planet!

Looks good to me. The repaint is very interesting.

that looks very good ide love a figure like that
    Eternian Beastmaster

just excellent Emiliano, hopefully the Horde armour version will be very close to the version the 4H give us. But that red design is perfect!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    I really dig the design, it's awesome! Only two suggestions to make: the eyebrows are a little too triangular making her look a little overly evil and the heels...well, I wouldn't have minded if they were a little higher... on a general basis though, it's an amazing design
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

Wonderful, Emiliano, you did it again!!!!! You're right, this is pretty much how we all see Adora, and departing from this will be very very hard for the 4H. The toy/mini comic/Mattel version was just She-Ra with her Tiara turned upside down, wasn't it? And the mini comic She-Ra had it turned so that it formed a mask (so their Adora looked like She-Ra to us). I don't know how they'll make that work when THIS is what we want!

A possibly suggestion would be to reverse the colors on the Horde design so that her undershirt remains lighter than the main leotard. The Belt would kind of vanish though.

Also, is that the hip section from She-Ra (or even Teela) with a new skirt piece over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The only one that would make sense would be a Brighmoon insigna, since the Rebellion is lead by the queen and princesses from Brightmoon
    She-Ra is her secret identity so it wouldn't be smart for her to have something related to Graykull on his suit, especially considered Grayskull is on another planet!
    I'd be interested in what the Brightmoon insignia should be--the winged symbol on Angela's armor? If so that'd be an interesting mirror of the winged Horde symbol.

Also, to be fair, Grayskull being on another planet does mean the Etherians wouldn't realize the connection. The Horde might, but if they're too dim to notice the coincidence of blonde Adora joining the Rebels just when blonde She-Ra appears and her blonde twin brother and blonde He-Man both arrive from Eternia then they could probably actually watch the transformation and still say "hey look, Adora slipped away in that flash of light and She-Ra took her place! Get her, we're sure to beat her up THIS time!" Phew, run ons are fun.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 4, 2009 at 10:19am.

Hmmm, I think this design shows the problem Adora will face; the red and white filmation version looks terrific, but Mattel will possibly use a different color scheme - which to me doesn't look iconic at all.

But in general the concept looks very good. I expected a bit more "reuse of part" (i.e. the feet), but that's just nitpicking.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I love the Horde influnce. I wasn't expecting that.
    That could easily be a figure and bonus figure in the same month.
    Really great work.
    Keep them coming.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    After She-Ra, this is Adora.... another awesome design!! Who don't want her??????!!!!!!
    I don't know why you never had worked in a toy's Co.
    I think Hasbro don't miss you for so long!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like the Horde Armor Adora, and I hope its similar to what Mattel gives us.

Good job!

I would love to see Adora done this way. She's perfect. But I still wish she had pants. I wonder what Shadow will think?
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; April 4, 2009 at 12:29pm.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    all i want to know is how long its going to take for them to get on the band wagen and make our figures

Amazing work Emiliano. Your color variant is very Horde Trooper-ish, like the way Horde Trooper armor would look if they were female. (A female Horde Trooper, that's an idea.)

I always did think that Force Captain Adora needed a Horde symbol but it tends to blend into her red outfit too much. Maybe a slightly different shade of red? Your the artist though, you'd know more than I.

I love Adora as I've said many times on here and hope they do her justice whatever they do just so long as they don't make her a brunette or something.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    A possible suggestion would be to reverse the colors on the Horde design so that her undershirt remains lighter than the main leotard. The Belt would kind of vanish though.
    Unless the belt were to still match the undershirt (make it the lighter color).

But I agree with Predabot, I'd like to see her in something like Prince Adam's colors. I think that's a version we'd be more likely to get anyway ... although the Force-Captain / Horde-colors version is just as likely, now that I think about it.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Well so far, the 4H have not disappointed in my book, but seeing these designs is a lot of fun!
    Very cool, Emiliano!

Are you going to eventually include some accessories with these?

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Looks good, but it does not enchant me the design or the style of the trousers. It looks like a mini skirt.
    Last edited by hhhelmsley; April 4, 2009 at 03:43pm.

Fantastic! I hope the next one is Bow or Fisto!

An awesome design for Adora!!! And if they ever did this in teh gray-an easy repaint ourselves...and of course you know MAttel would release the Red version too.

Way to go Emil!!!!!!!
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior
    If the She-Ra and Adora MotuC look like the stuff you have done up, they will be my #1's. Great work

A big fan of Slush Head
    Very cool! I like how you added the horde symbol on her chest.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar
    wow you have totally outdone yourself again. she is just how adora should be.
    amazing work man.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Truely awesome! Keep up the good work! I'd love to see your take on all of POP since we wont be seeing them in the actual line
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora