Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 15th of the month!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

15th of the month!

So, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed their lives falling into a pattern where they live for the 15th of the month, that they spend the rest of the month alternately waiting for their figures to arrive and praying that they get online in time to order the next one out?
    have your freinds and family gotten used to you asking for advance warning of meetings, catch ups etc. just in case its on a 15th, and they hafta reschedule the heart transplant or whatever?
    Or have you started thinking ahead in '15th's' i.e 'this 15th is Mer man, but then I hafta wait three more 15ths until I get Man at Arms. Whoo hoo!!!'
    am just curious, cos Ive noticed myself doing some of the above, sad but true!
    Cheers Aj

Heroic Warrior
    I've said that before. It's like living through intervals, waiting for the 15th of every month. It's cool though, plus it makes time go faster...lol.

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I plan ahead.
    I have to be near a computer on the 15th.
    In fact I have to be there 1 hour early, just for comfort.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Yeah, I plan it out so I can be around on the 15th, it has really taken over a huge portion of my thought processes.

I was like that for MotUX, but I've been pretty relaxed about this line even though I love it just as much.

It is the only day I stay longer at work so I can order. 1700 hrs here is noon in USA

1 word... Absolutely!!!

Heroic Warrior
    It's also pay day, so yeah, the 15 is a big one for me.... I wonder if putting new figs up when many just got paid was intentional?

For me it's a lucky break the timing.

15th of the month at 12ET
    is 7.00pm here in Finland, so I just manage to arrive
    home from work, and be ready for ordering the figs I'm
    after.

Right now it isn't a problem as I'm out of work right now. But sometime this month(April) I will be getting back to work. So from here on out I may have to see if one of my buddies that buys these every month can snag a couple for me to till the fall.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Yes... I call it my He-Menstral Cycle
    Now Showing
    Two Bad
    Coming Attractions
    Modulok

I'm hoping with the increased production runs that the days of a less than one day sell out will be over soon.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71 View Post
    So, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed their lives falling into a pattern where they live for the 15th of the month, that they spend the rest of the month alternately waiting for their figures to arrive and praying that they get online in time to order the next one out?
    have your freinds and family gotten used to you asking for advance warning of meetings, catch ups etc. just in case its on a 15th, and they hafta reschedule the heart transplant or whatever?
    Or have you started thinking ahead in '15th's' i.e 'this 15th is Mer man, but then I hafta wait three more 15ths until I get Man at Arms. Whoo hoo!!!'
    am just curious, cos Ive noticed myself doing some of the above, sad but true!
    Cheers Aj
    Funny, but I'm not there yet.

I don't LIVE or DIE by the 15th due to He Man, but I do put $ back each month for the 15th and I do make sure I am at my computer by 11am, yes. Its a nice little treat through the month, yeah.

I like my MOTUC as much as the next Dude but in all honesty no - I've got a few to many other things going on in life for this to be the be-all-end-all of my month. But it is nice to have stuff to look forward to rather than just paying bills.....

Yeah I definatly look forward to every 15th now. I recently decided to stop collecting my other figures to save money for my up coming wedding and now only collect these figs. I just hope I can get my Mom to make My order for Hordack in June.

The 15th of each month is like christmas and birthay at one day each month.

Well as a surfer I don't plan anything in longterms. I only shedule things up to max. 2 days ahead otherwise I could miss a good session. But I do plan to be on a comp at noon Mattytime every 15th of the month

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Yes... I call it my He-Menstral Cycle
    That's great!

I sure have!
    Oddly enough it seems to have helped me save money
    My internet went down when Faker was sold so It threw my month off!
    "He will be mine!"
    "Oh yes, he will be mine."
    Cue Evil Laughter!
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

It's certainly like a birthday every month! Just a little something to look forward to each time, rather than waiting for some extra cash to roll around so I can get a little something special. These figures are expensive, as far as the size and accessory amount goes, but it's amazing how much easier it is to buy it at one-a-month intervals! I set my 30 or so aside and I'm set!

Anyhow, I do plan ahead so that I get the figure ASAP, but I'm still afraid something is gona get in the way one day. I doubt the rest of the figures will go as fast as Faker, since he was an exclusive, but I still feel better getting the figure right at 12. I've managed it so far, but I've been kinda lucky each time. I've got to set up some Plan Bs sometime, just in case.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Its a great date!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I want to buy some of these figures, but they are already all gone. I didn't have any money before, so I couldn't buy them then. I hope more will come in stock eventually.

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    ahaha funny! But, no....yet!
    In fact, on the stratos and faker releases i totally forgot the date! With Stratos the .orger calabeli saved my day. He had a problem with his order, and then he called me to know if i was having the same problem, and then i was like : Problem? wha...oh Stratos!!!!!!
    And with Faker, i was at work, and suddenly remember to get online , just 10 minutes before noon.
    I really hope to remember the merman's release on time!
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

I have a second job (teaching part time at a community college) and I get 1 check a month from them and it comes on the 14th. I use that to buy from Matty and as a reminder. If I am at work the day the figure comes out, I have the calender on my phone to remind me an hour before the figure is available and I use the internet on my phone to buy the MOTUC. I have already set my calender for the next couple of figures so I'm ready no matter where I am, mobile internet is awesome.
    ----------------------------------------------
    MY Collection: (some of it)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/album.php?u=14643