Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who exactly is He-Ro?

Who exactly is He-Ro?

Sooo... somebody wanna tell me who HE-RO is?? Of course I know the name, and I've seen the old figure, but I never actually knew anything about him.

Commence throwing of rotten tomatoes..... now!!!

( Seriously though, who is he? )
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Sooo... somebody wanna tell me who HE-RO is?? Of course I know the name, and I've seen the old figure, but I never actually knew anything about him.

It is ok, I don't know a ton about him either.
    Someone should be able to point you in the right direction.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post

He-Ro is supposed to be the ancient Pre-Eternian analogue to He-Man, way back when the Snake Men ruled Eternia and Dinosaurs (Bionotops, Turbodactyl and Tyrantisaurus Rex) and Giants (Tytus and Megator) walked Eternia.

Whereas He-Man was a warrior, He-Ro was a wizard. He is the Most Powerful Wizard in the Universe. However, he is nowhere to be found in the present...

And he actually appears in the last vintage mini-comic in shadow. However, MOTU was cancelled before the line could take off in that new direction.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 1, 2009 at 12:57pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He-Ro is supposed to be the ancient Pre-Eternian analogue to He-Man, way back when the Snake Men ruled Eternia and Dinosaurs (Bionotops, Turbodactyl and Tyrantisaurus Rex) and Giants (Tytus and Megator) walked Eternia.

Whereas He-Man was a warrior, He-Ro was a wizard. He is the Most Powerful Wizard in the Universe. However, he is nowhere to be found in the present...

And he actually appears in the last vintage mini-comic in shadow. However, MOTU was cancelled before the line could take off in that new direction.
    Thanks MegaGearMax.

I really wonder what his bio will be...
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Thanx, dude! I appreciate it.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Comparison time! Now I want that classic prototype even more!

I also have lots of questions now, hope someone can/will answer them:

01. He-Man is send back in time through a warp portal, was this done on purpose? Was he sent by the Sorceress? Was he supposed to help He-Ro in the battle against King Hiss? And if so, was that the first encounter of He-Man with King Hiss or did he already fight him in say the future/present day? Like in the 2002 series? That would be weird! I'm so confues with the time-line, which brings me to my 2nd question...

02. Miro is Randor's father. Since Keldor is Randor's half brother doe sthat make Miro Keldor's father or did they have the same (mysterious) mother and so Miro is in no way related to Keldor?

03. Is He-Ro King Grayskull's son? Or is there a large gap between King Grayskull + He-Ro and Miro and Randor? Or is He-Ro Miro's father? Hahah!

Where can i find out more on these burning questions?
    Is there a family tree posted somewhere maybe?

I didn't wan't to say anything incase I got flamed, but I was thinking exactly the same thing. But feet wrong way around or not I still love this figure! PS what does the txt say next to those 80's prototype pictures in the cataloge picture?
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 3, 2009 at 08:30am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I didn't wan't to say anything incase I got flamed, but I was thinking exactly the same thing. But feet wrong way around or not I still love this figure! PS what does the txt say next to those 80's prototype pictures in the cataloge picture?
    The 1987 Mattel Catalogue says:

"New! Travel back in time to Preternia and meet He-Ro, the most powerful wizard in the universe! His power staff opens up to reveal his "magic crystal". For ages 5 and over. Four colour blister card."

And thanks Jukka for your PM! I see there are still some mysteries left to solve for us. And I better read that mini-comic Powers of Grayskull - Legends Begins. I never had any POG dino's so I never read the comic that came with them.

I'm still confused about Eldor though ... Is he Miro's father?
    We need a timeline/family tree haha.

Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    I'm still confused about Eldor though ... Is he Miro's father?
    We need a timeline/family tree haha.
    Eldor is not confirmed to be related to He-Ro, Sharella or any other main character. He acts more as mentor to He-Ro. (Kinda like Man-At-Arms does for Prince Adam)

Oh and the text on dino-boxes says the following

"Travel back in time through a secret time portal- and discover the origin of the powers of Grayskull.
    Learn how He-Man became so strong! And explore the magical world of Pre-Eternia home of He-Ro, the most
    powerful wizard in the universe.

Monstrous dinosaurs and fierce giants- both good and evil- struggle violently for control of this strange
    and hostile land. The dinosaurs in the time of He-Ro Tyrantisaurus Rex, Bionatops, and Turbodactyl- each
    possess a fantastic mechanical power. Can He-Ro master all the good magics of the ancient wizards, and protect
    future eternia from forever falling into the claws of evil?

Look for He-Ro and the Powers of Grayskull coming your way in 1987!"

01. He-Man is send back in time through a warp portal, was this done on purpose? Was he sent by the Sorceress? Was he supposed to help He-Ro in the battle against King Hiss? And if so, was that the first encounter of He-Man with King Hiss or did he already fight him in say the future/present day? Like in the 2002 series? That would be weird! I'm so confues with the time-line, which brings me to my 2nd question...

02. Miro is Randor's father. Since Keldor is Randor's half brother doe sthat make Miro Keldor's father or did they have the same (mysterious) mother and so Miro is in no way related to Keldor?

03. Is He-Ro King Grayskull's son? Or is there a large gap between King Grayskull + He-Ro and Miro and Randor? Or is He-Ro Miro's father? Hahah!

Great questions - I don't know a lot about the possible roles or origins of He-Ro or the timeline of Preternia, but would like to know. Also, is Miro Keldor's father or do he and Randor share a mother? I personally think it would be cool if Miro were Keldor's father......and I would like to know if anyone has an explanation for why He_Ro would be refered to as a "Cosmic" warrior. That makes it sound like he polices more than one planet. Is that accepted background that I am just not aware of?

01. He-Man is send back in time through a warp portal, was this done on purpose? Was he sent by the Sorceress? Was he supposed to help He-Ro in the battle against King Hiss? And if so, was that the first encounter of He-Man with King Hiss or did he already fight him in say the future/present day? Like in the 2002 series? That would be weird! I'm so confused with the time-line, which brings me to my 2nd question...

02. Miro is Randor's father. Since Keldor is Randor's half brother does that make Miro Keldor's father or did they have the same (mysterious) mother and so Miro is in no way related to Keldor?

Most of those questions have yet to be answered, but hopefully the He-Ro figure bio will tell us more.

If I remember rightly, Randor and Keldor have different mothers, but the same father (Miro).

As far as I know, there is no relation between He-Ro and Grayskull. Apparently, He-Ro isn't even from Eternia.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar

• 1. you can read the mini comics at the .ORG mini comic section.
    • http://he-man.org/primary_sects/comi...tu/index.shtml
    • 2. They share the same father, Miro and have different mothers. It has been said a few times, but you'll forgive me if I don't recall exactly when and by whom. (some old Q&A's from the news archive or on the DVD commentary track I'm sure.)
    • 3. He-Ro and King Grayskull have never coexisted in the same story before other then Val and Emiliano's comic series. The new bio's on the action figures will most likely not reference that comic series.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    The He-ro license from back in the day says that He-ro is She-Ra's ancestor.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/licensinggrayskull.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Necrono View Post
    The He-ro license from back in the day says that He-ro is She-Ra's ancestor.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/licensinggrayskull.htm
    Crikey! Really?! Well, that makes him He-Man's ancestor as well...
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Crikey! Really?! Well, that makes him He-Man's ancestor as well...
    Hence all the bickering about "He-Ro vs King Grayskull" (after KG was injected into MOTU late in game) since both serve pretty much the same purpose (original wielder of the Power, ancestor to the current main character).

For the People who DON'T know who He-Ro is....

For anyone who does not know who He-RO is, and I am surprised there are many, I made a quick and simple video to explain his toy origins.

Now you might dig deeper yourself and learn more about the actual back story
    Last edited by Mye-Kah B; April 10, 2009 at 04:53am.

Nice job on the vid! I am actually one of the guilty of not fully knowing the whole story. I understood he was a previously unrleased character from the old series, and I saw the prototype photos, but I didn't realise it was as late as 1988. I thought the line had died long before that, actually. Thanks for putting this together! I can't wait to get the MOTUC figure of him!

Court Magician
    I was also guilty of not knowing. Thanks for the video and great pics of the proto.

first time i herd the name it was here on ORG main site were he was hemans son( dare)
    he seems ok but still not as cool as he-man and skelly
    Eternian Beastmaster

Nice vid duder. Well that's Mattel's version of He-Ro.
    Filmation had totaly different plans for He-Ro as you can read here

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Nice video.

I like that video a lot. The music is good and kind of sets the mood nicely.

Nice video, I was away from MOTU until the past two years so the org is the first place I heard of He-Ro. Not personally in love with the figure, but it seems to be something a lot of people have waited a long time to see so it is cool they are finally getting it.

Nice work with the video (other than the minor spelling errors and such, but no one is perfect!). I can't wait to nab this bad boy at SDCC! I'm really loking forward to his Bio!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!