Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you want to see in a MOTUClassics cartoon series?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

What would you want to see in a MOTUClassics cartoon series?

(If you count the stactions as 200x extensions), MOTUClassics is the first line of the franchise not to have a corresponding cartoon series.
    So if it was made, what would you like to see in it?

Personally, I would like to see the detail and continuity of the 200x series, but with the story structure and the heart of Filmation. I'd like to see the old Adam-Teela-Duncan line-up reinstated, as this was practically gone in 200x (and I don't want Adam and Teela to be brats!).
    Actually, I'd much prefer to see He-Man as a wandering barbarian, but know that is pretty unlikely.

I'd like to see episodes based around the bios on the back of Classics boxes, and think whole storylines could be based around this; it would be excellent.
    And I'd like to see the action of MYP (Filmation didn't have many real fights due to regulations of the era), but without being over-the-top or one long battle all episode, which I found to be boring.
    I also don't want an Anime feel welded on simply because they makers think this is what "the kids" will want.

This isn't intended to be a "which is better: Filmation or MYP" thread, that's been done many times before. This is more about what you would specifically like to see in a MOTUClassics cartoon series.

Thoughts?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

It needs blood, guts, boobs and muscles. And the occasional motu character getting his head lopped off.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Personally, I would like to see the detail and continuity of the 200x series, but with the story structure and the heart of Filmation. I'd like to see the old Adam-Teela-Duncan line-up reinstated, as this was practically gone in 200x (and I don't want Adam and Teela to be brats!).
    I'm not too crazy about Duncan, Teela, Orko and Cringer in every episode as I feel it was too overdone in Filmation, to the extent that secondary characters were non-existant (Sy-Klone never spoke). I got tired of seeing those characters. MYP accomplished the whole secondary character thing better, but they focused too much on Duncan and not enough on He-Man. Duncan was the leader and He-Man was more like the MVP.

Actually, I'd much prefer to see He-Man as a wandering barbarian, but know that is pretty unlikely.
    LOL, me too. He-Man should be like the Link of Masters of the Universe. He should get a few episodes alone (ala on an epic quest, 2 parter, etc.) each season to get across what an epic hero he is. The other Masters are important too, but the show is about He-Man. I think MYP did a great job on He-Man's allies, and I wouldn't change that, but He-Man MUST be foremost.

I'd like to see episodes based around the bios on the back of Classics boxes, and think whole storylines could be based around this; it would be excellent.
    I agree. Hopefully those names will change to better sounding Eternian names.

And I'd like to see the action of MYP (Filmation didn't have many real fights due to regulations of the era), but without being over-the-top or one long battle all episode, which I found to be boring.
    I think it was more to Filmation He-Man being overpowered. All he needed was a one-liner and a giant swing over the horizon to dispatch enemies.

I also don't want an Anime feel welded on simply because they makers think this is what "the kids" will want.
    MOTUC is geared toward an older audience, so should it's cartoon. The trouble is MOTUC is geared toward He-Man fans, but if a cartoon was to air on television, it wouldn't be only for MOTU fans. So there is that "mainstream danger" that could threaten to water down the cartoon.

I think a G.I. Joe Resolute mixed with MYP would be best, just focus on He-Man instead of Duncan.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    It needs blood, guts, boobs and muscles. And the occasional motu character getting his head lopped off.
    I, to some extend, agree with the above.
    MOTUC is aimed for the adult (collector).
    I would love to see a gritty adult cartoon (series)

It takes place on earth. Adam is garbage collector getting picked on for wearing pink until he finds a magical trash lid one day that makes him the most powerful garbage collector in the universe, enough to deal with his Uncle Skeletor that believes in corporal punishment.

Seriously if it ever happened the main thing is that it needs to be aimed at adult fans now, at least pg-13 wonder woman level. Plus whatever is happening to the ownership of all the old properties it would be nice to see a well planned out epic scale storyline evolve from the start. Eternia, Etheria, Trolla, finally some focus on Adora instead of just basic Super man like He-man fights Skeletor for two seasons with ease and gets canceled for the third time.

...I don't know...

The MYP show was, with a few exceptions, exactly what I wanted in a new MotU series. As much as I love the Filmation series, which I do very much, I enjoy the darker story telling of 200X. I think they managed to do that while maintaining the essence of Filmation MotU.

So, any new series, IMO, should be done quite similarly to MYP...at least, if it is to keep my interest for any length of time.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Nothing less than the look and the Story of the Alcala Minicomics.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    I agree!

Needs to be at least a PG-13 just like what marvel and DC are doing with thier animated property.

Maybe in the vien of Hulk VS in terms of violence.
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

As much as I love MYP, now that would be beautiful!

And what a take it would be...the original version of He-Man...killing monsters and demons with his trusty axe, the constant search for both halves of the power sword, The Goddess, flirting with blonde Teela and no Prince Adam secret identity!LOL!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    They should do it like Batman: Brave and the Bold type of thing. He-man and 1 Eternian warrior fighting off with one of Skelly's or even another Eternian villain. At least in that case, it gives said character a time to shine!

but as to whom I want to see, well... All of 'em of course!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I want it to encompass all the mythos like the figures are doing.

Most episodes should be in the "present day", but I want a handful of flashback episodes with King Grayskull and He-Ro and flashforward episodes with New Adventures.

And since we don't know how POP is going to be mixed in, I wouldn't mind seeing some She-Ra centric episodes if she's still on Etheria - both with and without He-Man crossovers.

I think showing the whole timeline would add a really epic feel to the series.

Heroic Warrior
    I like to see a cartoon and a separate line. This might allow mattel to get MOTUC into stores or put more money into the product, while allowing them to pump all the gimmicky kiddy crap into a separate line

I would like brighter bolder colors and smarter characters.I don't like idiots for bad guys or heroes that doubt their worth.

I would like it to be adult themed but still hold a pg rating perhaps a pg-13.I hold alot of respect for motu and dont feel the need to cheapen it's worth with nudity or massive amounts of blood.I dont think you have to show boobs,sex or gore to make it adult.It should be grown up but at the same time be acceptable to watch with your kids or a younger audience who might also enjoy motu.

If I had to pic a series to model it after I would pick Batman The Animated Series.Of course you'll have to add in the brighter bolder colors.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I'd like to keep Skeletor as a threat, rather than Filmation's minor annoyance

"The Last Stand" was my favourite Skeletor episode in the MYP series.

I'd rather have longer story arcs and the idea of distance, a la Avatar:TLAB.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to see a more violent Filmation cartoon.

For it to last a few seasons!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    For it to last a few seasons!
    More than a few seasons, like Pokemon has (going on ten years...).

I very much agree with stories and characterization that had adult themes but somewhat obscure that a child might not get, such as Batman the Animated series or Justice League unlimited there was sexual tension but the sex part was only alluded i.e. Green Lantern/ Hawk Girl

[QUOTE=BCI Guy;2089655]I want it to encompass all the mythos like the figures are doing.

Most episodes should be in the "present day", but I want a handful of flashback episodes with King Grayskull and He-Ro and flashforward episodes with New Adventures.

I don't mind that except I HATE the King Grayskull thing. He-ro is great, but KG just takes all the thunder away from He-man being his own power. I also think that Masters of the Universe should reflect all the warriors, good and bad, who have total mastery of their skill. They should be considered unequalled with their talent by anyone...period. That is what makes them great.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

That would be a great launchpad from which to launch a brand new, more adult oriented series. Slap it on Adult Swim, then sell the DVDs once a quarter.

Although, a series based on this new mythology would be great, I think. I just want something out there to breathe life into the little snippets of MOTUC story we get in the bios each month...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Some really good ideas and comments.

Something else that I forgot to put in my original message - although he is obviously the lead character, not every single story should have to revolve completely around He-Man.
    There are enough other characters with rich backgrounds for them to carry a story.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I whould like to see adventures in both ethernia and etheria worlds,
    Masters of the universe and princess of the power united at last, fighting the evil warriors and the evil hord!
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; April 14, 2009 at 03:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    We've had two He-Man cartoons. What I would like to see is a new take on the series. Either go in the past with great tellings of the adventures of King Greyskull/He-Ro or the future with Adam being king with all new threats and villians.

If we ever get a series based off King Greyskull I really hope they change his look slightly. Maybe give him a beard, goatee or something thst makes him look different than He-Man with long hair. I wouldn't even mind changing his hair color. This is all just wishful thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I want it to encompass all the mythos like the figures are doing.

And since we don't know how POP is going to be mixed in, I wouldn't mind seeing some She-Ra centric episodes if she's still on Etheria - both with and without He-Man crossovers.

I think showing the whole timeline would add a really epic feel to the series.
    I like this idea. Present day, flash back and flash forward. Brilliance!
    Who has the Power?

A good continuous and dark story arch with fleshed out characters. No childish stuff for me. Orko needs to be a wizard much like the Horsemen envisioned him in the 200x line.
    Also I want history to the characters and I would love them to keep as much of the 200x mythos as possible. I would love to see the Faceless one for instance.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/