Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you want to see in a MOTUClassics cartoon series?

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

everyones wants!

i think that doing a direct to DVD is the only way to go, in the sense of so recently the 200x series not lasting (wether we liked it or not) so i think that the heads would hesitate to even do a cartoon (which i obviously would love)

but i think as they continue to see the great support for MOTUC (in here and every where) that a direct to dvd is not at all out of the question. i mean, i loved the green lantern one, but the fact that a company would fund that and not a MOTU one is rediculous. MOTU would outsell the crap out of that one, and the wonderwoman one......

1.old school he-man. i know that alot of people in here love the old wandering he-man. the one that started from the mini comics (i think he left his barbarian people...) is it safe to say that they could play that up as the beginning of king greyskull?!?!

if they did a direct to dvd that didnt have to be connected in anyway to other mythos, i think that you could totally do an old school one with:

he-man. getting the armor from gg

MAA's blonde teela, skelly and beastman........

i think that could be cool.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Alcala updated story & Alcala style animation all the way!
    The villain characters should be a lot smarter, not stupid.
    Maybe something like the new G.I. Joe Resolute style for MOTUC would be cool.
    The MOTUC characters should be true to MOTUC looks.
    No movie looks at all, no space suits for characters that look more barbarian originally.

No anime or "modern" blocky characters and not techno music.
    That stuff really ruins it for me. I hate that new blocky style used on superheroes in the new cartoons. It's so ugly imo.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    Alcala updated story & Alcala style animation all the way!
    The villain characters should be a lot smarter, not stupid.
    Maybe something like the new G.I. Joe Resolute style for MOTUC would be cool.
    The MOTUC characters should be true to MOTUC looks.
    No movie looks at all, no space suits for characters that look more barbarian originally.

No anime or "modern" blocky characters and not techno music.
    That stuff really ruins it for me. I hate that new blocky style used on superheroes in the new cartoons. It's so ugly imo.
    Quoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    i think that doing a direct to DVD is the only way to go, in the sense of so recently the 200x series not lasting (wether we liked it or not) so i think that the heads would hesitate to even do a cartoon (which i obviously would love)
    At the very least, direct to DVD could be a great way to "test the waters" for any larger committment.

Even if (quite likely) we wouldn't see any kind of animation until after a live action theatrical movie, I still think a one-shot direct to DVD disk would be great!

I'm all for it!

He-Man as a wandering barbarian!!!!!!! Have Skeletor kill off Orko, Randor and Marlena, find out Adam is He-Man making Adam expendable. As a result He-Man, Man-At-Arms and Teela become bitter, twisted and hell bent on getting revenge on Skeletor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    I would like brighter bolder colors and smarter characters.I don't like idiots for bad guys or heroes that doubt their worth.

I would like it to be adult themed but still hold a pg rating perhaps a pg-13.I hold alot of respect for motu and dont feel the need to cheapen it's worth with nudity or massive amounts of blood.I dont think you have to show boobs,sex or gore to make it adult.It should be grown up but at the same time be acceptable to watch with your kids or a younger audience who might also enjoy motu.

If I had to pic a series to model it after I would pick Batman The Animated Series.Of course you'll have to add in the brighter bolder colors.
    I highly doubt in a MOTUC cartoon we'd get to see Teela's boobs as well as the Sorceress/ Goddess, Evil Lyn's, Marlena's and Adora/She-Ra's. As adult as any other cartoon gets, they never show that kind of stuff. Of course, I wouldn't be opposed to them flashing their assets every once in a while.

I would like to see a pre-Filmation take on the show. With various Batman animated series (as well as live action versions) we've had different incarnations not always sticking to the same tried and tested formula. If DC and Warner Bros never broke out of their established vein, we'd still be stuck with a 60s camp crusader Batman for the TV show because that's what everyone knew before. Other Batman incarnations haven't been afraid to take it back to its earliest roots before Robin etc.

I realize Prince Adam might be iconic and part of the history, but for a long time, so was Robin, and the thought of making a Batman film/show without him would probably have been thought of as inconceivable.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Elder Councilman
    The Horde; plain and simple.

Also He-Ro, KG, Dekker, Orko, Marzo, Evilseed, the lot of 'em.

Yes, I thought the MYP series was virtually perfect. Maybe a tad bit more focus on He-Man would've been nice, but I loved that Prince Adam really was a younger-lookin' kid with an attitude

And the Clawful angle from Filmation never did anything for me....he just sounded like a British Crawfish. I loved how he was the big buffoon of Skeletor's crew, and the one thing I always laugh at from the MYP cartoon was the episode where Skeletor yells at his minions for screwing up, and Clawful goes "well, ya know, you were there, too!", and gets blasted for it.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Widget

A new cartoon?

After reading all the great stuff provided in the bios, I wonder if perhaps all this work might be a buildup to a new cartoon in the future?

With Marvel Studios and the new DC Entertainment taking such a hands on role with their comic property it doesn't seem to be a far stretch to imagine Mattel using the unified story they are creating for something visual and under their control. Considering how they pulled the movie back because of differences in vision as well.

Thoughts? Comments?

if we get something not live action, i want a direct to video cartoon. forget a series, it'll work out the same way 200x did imho. a dtv cartoon probably wouldnt work either but would most likely do better. hell, id take a dtv cartoon over live action film any day of the week
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

A direct to DVD would be a smart way of softening up customers (even kids!) to the MOTU universe in preparation for the new movie.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    A direct to DVD would be a smart way of softening up customers (even kids!) to the MOTU universe in preparation for the new movie.
    I could totally see something like this happening, as it's happened countless times in recent memory (The Animatrix, Batman: Gotham Knight, GI Joe Resolute, Van Helsing, etc).

The trick will be actually getting the live action film into production.
    You may have defeated us, but you'll never see this child again!

Screw a movie... As history has shown again and again with these cartoon to movie ports - It will most likely be a skewed shallower version of the greater franchise. I would rather see them invest the money in something that was further deepening the canon.

They got it right with the 200x cartoon series. It is a crime it was cancelled. Another series along the same lines is the *only* way to go --- BUT only if they are commited to letting it have a life and giving it a chance to blossom.

Unfortunately this is not how Mattel or Hollywood operates and any new series will *surely* in some way alter or destroy the MOTU Classics Action Figure line in its current form.

I for one hope things keep going the way they are. I am quite happy with the regular release of figures along with their interesting bios.

A comic would possibly be the only way the story could be told without altering the current situation. I'd like to see that.

Mattel should do just like Hasbro did Resolute for GI Joe (or even the original Clone Wars cartoon on CN) and release short episodes to guage interest

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    So if we do get a new cartoon, is there any particular studio or team you'd like to see behind it? I, for one, would love to see the entire creative team (writing and animation) behind Avatar, The Last Airbender take on MOTU.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Hmmm that is a hard call, animation would be a big investment. All those complaints about 2002 having cheap background characters. Would folks support direct to dvd releases or would we get folks just downloading them as there is alot posts like that around here on other properties?

I think a Scareglow Halloween movie is the way to go.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I would love to see something that stands apart from the crowd with its own visual style rather than taking from whatever is popular at the moment; preferably a huge move away from any sort of anime-styling. No spiky hair and overly exaggerated body angles and poses. I think it should be gritty and more realistic so the characters hold more visual weight. I'm thinking dark and moody. The men should be bulky and muscular and the women should be curvy, like a Frank Frazetta painting ... a more mature version of what Filmation did.

What if Mattel announced a MOTUC inspired cartoon...

First time post here sorry if this is old ground. So I was thinking about how much more enjoyable this new classics toyline would be if there was a TV show attached to it. And i was wondering if Mattel announced a new tv show tomorrow and you could only choose one, would people be more interested in a countinuation of the 200x series- ie season 3, or would people be more interested in seeing a brand new series based off the masters of the universe classics toys (like the mini-comics style)? Happy thanksgiving.

Brand new series would be the way to go.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The 2002-show is a thing of the past. It wouldn't make business-sense to try and revive or "continue" it.

A new version would be best option. Hopefully the movie gets done and that'll spark more venue for MotU.

New version with Pre-Eternia flashback story arcs

If they made a new animated series, I would definitely want to see it be its own thing rather than a continuation of any previous series, even if I might not fully enjoy what new direction is taken.

As much as I love MOTU and some of the story lines within the different incarnations, I would be happy if whoever the new writers are had little to no knowledge of the past incarnations.

Let them create a brand new world based solely off the info gathered from the bios. Let them decide that Scare Glow should be more prominent than Evil-Lyn, or that Man-At-Arms' role should be diminished in favor of giving more air time to Moss Man. Have them decide that Mosquitor should be part of the initial group of Horde members and that Leech should be a later addition.

2k2 found its own dedicated fanbase because the series decided to be its own thing rather than a fully copy what had been done before. MOTUC needs to have that same kind of freedom, even if certain aspects might upset or divide fans along the way.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    I think a new series should be just like the original cartoon from the 80's, only better animation, story lines, and voice over work... But NOT a continuation from the old show.

New version please!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

i really would like it to pick up where the series left off, the storylines were progressing so well!