Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you want to see in a MOTUClassics cartoon series?

Heroic Warrior
    I love the 200x series, but I would want a new, MOTUC series with:

- no goofy bad guys
    - less anime style
    - morals (both at the end and generally running through the show)
    - Inclusion of the Horde and Snakemen
    - Inclusion of She-Ra and Etheria
    - Flashbacks to Preternia
    - Consistent with the card back stories and designs of MOTUC toys

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I think I'd be happier with periodic graphic novels based on MOTUC. I know this isn't really addressing the question, but it would be much easier to keep up with the cardbacks and not veer away from that story in Graphic Novels. With animation you have to make quick little stories, and do so many episodes by a certain time. I've never seen an animated series based on source material stay true to that material.

If anyone on here reads Astro City, I can imagine a MOTUC comic done in that style being really good. Maybe a story about a citizen of Eternia, or a member of the royal guard being the focus for a story, so that we see the world of Eternia, and it includes the heroes and villains but creates a more realistic feel (and avoids making claims that future cardbacks have to either adapt or retcon). And like Astro City, you could have one GN about current times, then have one about Preternia, and move around wherever the writers want.

While I'd be pleased at an announcement for a new series, in all honesty, the original toons are enough for me. I don't think a new series could replace them in my eyes. I enjoyed the 2002 series, especially the bad guys (marzo, skelly and evil lyn were all so cool).

I'd rather something like space ghost: coast to coast but with skelly presenting
    imagine if it was a game show! Evil Lyn could be his lovely assistant and the winners get to live another day!
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Brand new series would be the way to go.
    definitly!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I have said it before and I'll say it again... I feel that as soon as a new series is created the MOTU Classics action figure line will be doomed (or at the VERY least forever significantly altered from its current form). I am praying a new series does not go into production. I would probably enjoy it but I very much like the way this line is progressing and a series would throw a wrench in it.

With that said a new comic (perhaps sold monthly on Matty Collector) would be the best way to tell the MOTUC story without threatening this fantastic action figure line.

i'd want a new series and a new comic series by MVC
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I would prefer a new series be based on the canon being set up by the awesome bios in MOTU Classics. I'm really enjoying them and would love to see an animated show flesh it out in great detail.

I have loved the original toon, POP, and 200X (I'm still watching my NA set and need the second set yet), and I feel that, even with any changes to prior storylines and such, I would be quite happy with a show based on Classics.

MOTU is ripe for fresh new stories.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'd be fine with the same production crew who made the MYP series working on a MOTUC series--I think the style can be applied to the new designs and would be the most satisfying interpretation for fans. I don't think it would confuse people since obviously things would still look different--plus you'd have new voices and new music themes. You'd have to design a new Grayskull (let the Horsemen do it!!!!), new Snake Mountain (maybe based on the vintage playset?) and a new Palace of Eternia too, so the look of Eternia would be changed too. Can Emiliano be involved? It shouldn't try to be a continuation of the last series as MOTUC already contradicts some parts of the last series (Teela's origin for example, inclusion of Green Goddess and He-Ro etc).

I know I'd be more excited about the line with a series adding to and advancing the mythology. The chance to breathe new life in to the franchise with new characters is also a huge attraction, I think. How many people wanted a Count Marzo figure before the MYP series brought him back? A few, but not as many as now. And Faceless One? Who knew Lyn's father was worth seeing? Granted, I still credit Val, Emiliano, Enza, and MVC for making me like him so much, but still...a new series (or a new comic) would be huge.

But from everything that I've seen and heard, I get the impression a TV show or even a comic would be a much bigger investment than MOTUC can currently pay back even being the hit that it is. So...nuts.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 26, 2009 at 12:04pm.

I´d love a new series...

happy thanks giving, people

A New show that combines ALL aspects of MOTU (PoP, NA,200x and Vintage MOTU) but the character designs looking like MOTUC toys (or updated versions of the vintage toys.)
    The First Episode should be based around King Grayskull and He-Ro.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

To continue the 2002 series and Pre-Eternia flashback story arcs and a new Pre-Eternia series

You know what, I'm so straved for something new in the media I'd be happy with ANY new show - brand new for MOTUC, continue the 200x story and characterisation, Teela pays for Pizza delivery without money I don't care - just make something!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Well...even MYP took it's basic foundation from Filmation.

So a new series would probably take it's cues from both MYP and Filmation. I'd rather not have any morals taking away from storytime.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

A completly new Cartoon (direct to DVD with other languages too please).
    I would like to see a mix of Alcala - Motuc Style.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    1) Skeletor should be the MAIN villain, not the villain-of-the-week every week.

When Skeletor shows up, it should be a "HOLY ****!" moment for Our Heroes. He shouldn't be fighting He-Man every week, or even sending bad guys to fight He-Man every week. Make some of his historical minions into separate threats (who can ally with Skeletor in later seasons), and create some new villains for the other episodes while we see Skeletor himself only in subplot. And don't start trying to move up the sorting algorithm of evil until the end of S3 (end with Skeletor "properly defeated" at the end of S3 - and then the heroes look up to see the massive Horde ships coming at them. And then the opening ep of S4 reveals they're led by "Queen Adora", come to claim the planet on behalf of Hordak)

[I would, in fact, be tempted to have the series open with He-Man vs. Keldor, end with Keldor being injured, and the subplot over the rest of the first series being Keldor's attempts to heal himself and his rise as Skeletor.]

2) Open with an extra-length episode, and drop seeds of future stuff - more than could be dealt with in S1, even - right off the bat.

Mention Adora, or even show her as a kid/early teen in flashback, and allude to her loss/believed death. Hint at an invasion five/ten years ago that was barely beaten back (although don't join that dot with Adora's loss at this stage). Give some hint of the mystical items scattered around Eternia rather than having them pop up willy-nilly. And lots more.

3) Have very much a core cast.

Keep the lineup down to 5-6 regulars (Adam/He-Man, Cringer/BC, M@A, Teela, Sorceress and only one or two others). You can have a larger extended/recurring cast, but we shouldn't be in any doubt about who the main guys are - going wider would just be spreading things too thin for a 13-ep/21-minute cartoon series. [And, no, Adam shouldn't look like He-Man. My sister laughed her head off at Teela going "He-Man? But where's Prince Adam?" in the Filmation series...]

4) Don't be afraid of comedic elements, or even comedic episodes. Not every villain should be a threat.

Damn right have Orko around, and a talking Cringer. And I mean that last bit above - some of the "threats" they face should just be nuisances while the real plot of the episode should be elsewhere (the episode before a multi-part season finale would be a good place for an episode like this). It weakens Skeletor if every Tom, **** and Harry is OMGWEREGOINGTODIE.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know if it's been said in the 5 pages before my post, but a MOTUC cartoon should be more PG-13 oriented for sure, and I'd like to see a wandering Barbarian-like He-Man on an epic quest to reunite the two halves of the power sword.

On his journey (in every episode) he meets and teams up with a Heroic Warrior to fend off whatever obstacle/evil is thrown into the plot line. That way the cartoon focuses on He-Man as it should, highlights a secondary character and there's an overall story arc of this one epic quest.

Yes, IF their was a possible reboot of it, oh yeah I would watch it.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    4) Don't be afraid of comedic elements, or even comedic episodes. Not every villain should be a threat.

Damn right have Orko around, and a talking Cringer. And I mean that last bit above - some of the "threats" they face should just be nuisances while the real plot of the episode should be elsewhere (the episode before a multi-part season finale would be a good place for an episode like this). It weakens Skeletor if every Tom, **** and Harry is OMGWEREGOINGTODIE.

I agree with most of what you said. I think it's important that there is comedy in the series. Look at real life. How many soldiers live stoic lives? Laughter is an important part of life. We're not all deadly serious 24 hours a day. Humour shows a great deal of humanity (of lack of. depending on the delivery) and is a very powerful tool in story telling
    Fneh's MOTUC wishlist:
    Spikor, MYP Marzo, Snake Armour He-Man, Stinkor
    Fneh's MOTUC needed list:
    King Grayskull, Beastman, Stratos head

To continue the 2002 series and Pre-Eternia flashback story arcs and a new Pre-Eternia series
    Great idea.

What i want in a new toon:

Continuation of the 200x storyline with the Horde. Designs dont have to be 200x necessarily though.

Gotta have some pre-eternia love (He-Ro, Eldor, etc)

Keep the same tone as the 200x toon, at the least

Animation should be similar to the 200x toon

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

They need to do a new toon, but have it on Adult Swim!!!

There needs to be a new cartoon. They need to base it off of the Classics line, thus combining all of the mythos into one. It needs to have a centralized story, with an ending planned out. Maybe 52 episodes, maybe 40 episodes, whatever it is, it needs to have a conclusion. Lastly, it needs to air on Adult Swim. The MotUC are aimed at adult collectors, which means the new cartoon has to be aimed at them as well. Thus, you can have mature story telling ala GI Joe Resolute, while also making it into a realistic action heavy series that is not afraid to show death.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well, that would be awesome. I'm not sure how many times, if ever, that specific question has been posed in the Q & A's.

There is a certain amount of "early" focus on a potential feature film, but that didn't stop GI JOE from doing a mini-series right before the film came out...

I think we all want new storylines and adventures. But as of now we can't even get new mini-comics. If we did, I wonder how much bickering would be going on on these threads over how each story would be handled. That said, can you imagine how crazy everyone would get if they killed off a character?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    There needs to be a new cartoon. They need to base it off of the Classics line, thus combining all of the mythos into one. It needs to have a centralized story, with an ending planned out. Maybe 52 episodes, maybe 40 episodes, whatever it is, it needs to have a conclusion. Lastly, it needs to air on Adult Swim. The MotUC are aimed at adult collectors, which means the new cartoon has to be aimed at them as well. Thus, you can have mature story telling ala GI Joe Resolute, while also making it into a realistic action heavy series that is not afraid to show death.
    Actually, I'd like to see it treated with the same regards for mixing compelling action and drama and have its moments of humor like InuYasha. It's not my favorite show, but I've definitely watched most of the movies because of my wife. It can be a really cool show at times and its not that hard to see why it has lasted as long as it has. I agree that it needs to have a definite ending when it does come to that.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    That would be cool. To be honest, if they do a new toon, I would like to see it on a major broadcaster everyone can get in North America like ABC kids, CW, etc. I think this was a major flaw with the 200X toon. There are a lot of people who do not have satellite/cable so they do not get these extra channels or pay for the specialty ones = fewer people able to view.

In both areas I lived in Ontario, I was unable to view the 200X series. I had to wait until in came on DVD.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    True.. I would enjoy a new show on CBS, NBC, Fox or CW. I don't have cable anymore. Buuut.. if they were to do something on cable.. they better put it on hulu.!