Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should MOTUC Teela's tag line be "Heroic Warrior Goddess"?

Heroic Warrior

Should MOTUC Teela's tag line be "Heroic Warrior Goddess"?

With what the orignal Teela was meant to be in terms of any pre-Filmation material and what she has become, I was just wondering if you think that MOTUC Teela should still come with the tag line, "Heroic Warrior Goddess", or should it be changed since that tag line is pretty misleading. If the Teela figure was meant to be a Goddess figure as well, since the "Tale of Teela" mini-comic mentions that the Goddess' real name is also Teela, then the tag line is very fitting. However, if Teela is going to be the birth-daughter of Teela-Na (the Sorceress) and (maybe) Fisto, and the adopted daughter of Man-At-Arms, then I think she deserves a more suitable tag line. I would prefer maybe the tag line "Heroic Captain of the Royal Guard", especially if they plan on releasing some Royal Guardsmen as army builders. What are your thoughs and does anyone have any other good tag lines that Teela can have?

Keep it the way it is. Heroic Warrior Goddess.

No need to change it, since this is a Classics line after all.

(I'm still puzzled as to why they felt the need to change Hordak's tagline from "Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde" to "Evil Leader of the Evil Horde".)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    With what the orignal Teela was meant to be in terms of any pre-Filmation material and what she has become, I was just wondering if you think that MOTUC Teela should still come with the tag line, "Heroic Warrior Goddess", or should it be changed since that tag line is pretty misleading. If the Teela figure was meant to be a Goddess figure as well, since the "Tale of Teela" mini-comic mentions that the Goddess' real name is also Teela, then the tag line is very fitting. However, if Teela is going to be the birth-daughter of Teela-Na (the Sorceress) and (maybe) Fisto, and the adopted daughter of Man-At-Arms, then I think she deserves a more suitable tag line. I would prefer maybe the tag line "Heroic Captain of the Royal Guard", especially if they plan on releasing some Royal Guardsmen as army builders. What are your thoughs and does anyone have any other good tag lines that Teela can have?
    Uh oh. Is this an "Overlord of Evil" thing brewing here?

"Heroic Warrior Goddess" doesn't fit Teela as she isn't a goddess, nor is she a clone of one...unless Mattel changes things in her bio.

I don't think it should change for MOTUC. I'm not a "Classics mean Classic purist", but MOTUC doesn't seem to change things because they don't work or make sense--that's the 200X era.

That being said, "Heroic Captain of the Royal Guard" fits nicely. But people are going to want her old tagline to stay because of nostalgia, even if it isn't true.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

How about just "Heroic Warrior"?
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

"Heroic Warrior Goddess" doesn't fit Teela as she isn't a goddess, nor is she a clone of one...unless Mattel changes things in her bio.
    I thought that in The Tale of Teela comic it is revealed that Teela is a clone of the goddess?

When the original Teela was released she WAS a warrior goddess, since she was released nearly 2 years before the Filmation series even started and according to the stories in the mini-comics and Golden Books of the time, that's exactly what she was.

Currently? We don't know. The MOTUC line has its own canon, and we don't know what Teela's part is in it yet.

Personally, I'd like to see "Heroic Warrior Goddess" again, but that's just me. It could say "Heroic Big Mouthed Master of Complaint" and I'd still buy it.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    I thought that in The Tale of Teela comic it is revealed that Teela is a clone of the goddess?
    correct

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Well, that's the problem--she WAS. Then Filmation just simplified Teela's origin and made her the Sorceress' daughter, the clone aspect was dropped. MYP continued the Filmation idea until now, where it might change since the bios get material from both MYP and the mini-comics. For 20+ years, Teela hasn't been a blonde "Warrior Goddess" who rides Golden unicorns.

Since MYP had Teela as the Sorceress' daughter, Mattel can use that. However, they might bring back the clone of the Sorceress idea. They brought back the Power Sword halves and the Power Vest, so it's possible that Teela's origin could revert back as well.

Personally, I like the clone of the Goddess better. It added an air of uncertainty...He-Man was wondering if the Goddess would ever decide to take back the stolen portion of her power back, thus ending Teela's existence. And of course, there's no mystery father running about (coughFistocough).

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm not an expert in the comics, so I remember Teela like she was in the Filmation cartoon, a female warrior. So she wasn't a goddess to me.

If you guys say she had that tag line in the comics, etc, then I think she could be called "Heroic Warrior Goddess".

But I'd preffer her to be just a Heroic Warrior babe.

Leave it as it was. "Heroic Warrior Goddess" is perfect for Teela because that's what she IS, there's nothing confusing about it.

Anyone that wants it to be something other than that is dead to me.
    (That's a joke... Sorta...)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Captain of the guard is OK, but "Warrior Goddess" just sounds right for Teela, I've always thought of her more than just a captain....

IMO,Filmation is out of scope anyway

I want her as in the minicomics again and I'll hope she will be a goddess.
    If there is going to be a green goddess, it makes sense to stay closer to mini-comic anyway.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Leave it as it was. "Heroic Warrior Goddess" is perfect for Teela because that's what she IS, there's nothing confusing about it.

Anyone that wants it to be something other than that is dead to me.
    (That's a joke... Sorta...)
    I think everyone is forgetting that in the "Tale of Teela", yes, it was revealed that Teela was a clone of the Goddess. But, does every forget that the Goddess' real name was also Teela? I think the fact that the Sorceress' real name being Teela-Na was an ode to the pre-Filmation Goddess and her name being Teela as well. So TEELA, the heroic warrior GODDESS, had a blond haired clone made of her named TEELA. Green skinned or not, I believe that the Teela action figure that we got in 1983 was meant to be the Goddess figure. I also think the "Heroic Warrior Goddess" tag line is more confusing than "Evil Ghost of Skeletor" in execution and meaning. And can someone tell me what regular ole Teela does to be called a "warrior goddess" when she has absolutely not powers? Evil-Lyn is an evil warrior goddess. She-Ra is a heroic warrior goddess. Compared to those two, Teela is more like your heroic warrior gymnast! Hey, I think I thought up Teela's new tag line! :-))
    Last edited by grenadaspice; April 13, 2009 at 03:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Keep it the way it is. Heroic Warrior Goddess.

No need to change it, since this is a Classics line after all.

(I'm still puzzled as to why they felt the need to change Hordak's tagline from "Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde" to "Evil Leader of the Evil Horde".)

Apparently Hordak gives up a lot easier now a days

I think they should leave it as is as well, because we all know all women are goddesses

Fisto's got much love for ladies especially the sorceress
    Last edited by Fisto69; April 13, 2009 at 03:53pm.

Priest to Divine Teela'na Necrono's Avatar
    She is my goddess! Heroic Warrior Goddess!!! And even if she is captain of the guard right now, all of the canons agree that she will one day become the warrior goddess who protects the secrets of Grayskull.
    Last edited by Necrono; April 13, 2009 at 03:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I think everyone is forgetting that in the "Tale of Teela", yes, it was revealed that Teela was a clone of the Goddess. But, does every forget that the Goddess' real name was also Teela? I think the fact that the Sorceress' real name being Teela-Na was an ode to the pre-Filmation Goddess and her name being Teela as well. So TEELA, the heroic warrior GODDESS, had a blond haired clone made of her named TEELA. Green skinned or not, I believe that the Teela action figure that we got in 1983 was meant to be the Goddess figure. I also think the "Heroic Warrior Goddess" tag line is more confusing than "Evil Ghost of Skeletor" in execution and meaning. And can someone tell me what regular ole Teela does to be called a "warrior goddess" when she has absolutely not powers? Evil-Lyn is an evil warrior goddess. She-Ra is a heroic warrior goddess. Compared to those two, Teela is more like your heroic warrior gymnast! Hey, I think I thought up Teela's new tag line! :-))
    A lot of people brought The Tale of Teela up....

Anyway, I think Mattel cheaped out and just decided to make Teela and the Goddess the same figure. If you want Teela, you strip off the cobra armor. It might be why her hair is red...or else you'd have a hole in the top of her armor with blonde hair sticking out of the top. If you wanted Teela AND the Goddess, you'd have to buy two of them...

It's akin to adding a blue vest and black bet with He-Man, so they can save money from making a Prince Adam figure.

How about:

"Heroic Warrior/Heroic Goddess
    Two figures in one!"
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by LookAway View Post
    How about just "Heroic Warrior"?
    Nahh... makes too much sense.

Always Expect the Unexpected!

Heroic Warrior
    it's only the very early mini comics and maybe the DC comic (I haven't read the latter) but since then I think Teela was depicted as more or less mortal and not a goddess, with her mother as the Sorceress. Come to think of it, I could never understand why Evil-Lyn got the tag "Evil warrior Goddess".

I prefer 'Heroic Captain Of The Royal Guard". I like the tagline Skeletor gave at the beginning of diamond ray of disappearence.

Evil Lyn: Soreress of Night
    Trap Jaw: Evil Wizard of Weapons
    Tri-Klops: Evil Master of Vision

Well since MOTUC Teela will have a Teela head and a Goddess head, I think it`s an appropriate tag line

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm... for classic consistency sake I feel the original tag line should be kept. Buuut... if we do get a Green Goddess repaint/refresh, it kind of feels like Teela is stealing the goddess tag-line... Maybe any and all variants of Teela can be named Captain of the Guard instead, to compensate?

It should be mentioned that the Tale of Teela -story and era of mini-comics, are apocryphic compared to the original 4 mini-comics.

In the original 4, Man-At-Arms appears to be about the same age as He-man and Teela..But in Tale of Teela he's all of a sudden much older, and have been given Teela by the Goddess to raise. And then obviously we have the small problem of the Goddess not being blonde in the original 4, but green and called the Sorceress.

I think it's quite evident that there is quite a few different origins for not only Teela, but most of the characters...

So, demanding the quite frankly obscure and convoluted clone-story as the preferred origin seems a bit questionable IMHO.
    Last edited by Predabot; April 13, 2009 at 05:52pm.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'd rather they dropped the Warrior Goddess stuff entirely, but as is it seems that MOTUC is pretty intent on keeping the old stories alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    It should be mentioned that the Tale of Teela -story and era of mini-comics, are apocryphic compared to the original 4 mini-comics.
    Really? We have 7 comics (8 counting the Point Dread double issue), versus 4. I wouldn't say "apocryphic", but I think Mattel decided to further flesh out their characters at that point. In the first 4 mini-comics, it seemed like Eternia was empty save the Masters of the Universe themselves. Then in the next year of mini's, we suddenly get Randor, the kingdom of Eternia, towns and villages.

In the original 4, Man-At-Arms appears to be about the same age as He-man and Teela..But in Tale of Teela he's all of a sudden much older, and have been given Teela by the Goddess to raise.
    We assumed he was the same age, but they never got into how old he was.
    I only discovered that MAA was even related to Teela in the book that came with Point Dread where she outright calls him "father". Every other time I thought they were just allies.

And then obviously we have the small problem of the Goddess not being blonde in the original 4, but green and called the Sorceress.
    The Goddess was only green in the first mini-comic. We don't know if she was even blonde or not. I'd assume she was, since Teela is a clone of the original.

I think it's quite evident that there is quite a few different origins for not only Teela, but most of the characters...

So, demanding the quite frankly obscure and convoluted clone-story as the preferred origin seems a bit questionable IMHO.
    Clone origin vs mysterious father vs Fisto being the father? Smells like a three way dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbeast View Post

I prefer 'Heroic Captain Of The Royal Guard". I like the tagline Skeletor gave at the beginning of diamond ray of disappearence.

Evil Lyn: Soreress of Night
    Trap Jaw: Evil Wizard of Weapons
    Tri-Klops: Evil Master of Vision
    i actually like those titles. Pretty cool. Especially having Trap Jaw a wizard of weapons!
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Well, im all for the Goddess line, its classic. and also Ive never considered the filmation series as anything but Kiddy stuff-and why I've never considered buying the dvds essential- I know that will sound teacherous, but I was 14 when the show started on air -so Id had two years of mini comics and pure imagination before Filmation started trying to tell me who these characters were.
    And it used to bug me how silly it made characters,that in the mini comics had a real threat to them (Trap jaw etc). In my imagination (before the show appeared) these characters had real depth. Teela was a Warrior goddess, He-Man came down out of the mountains a fully formed Hero,Adam was NOTHING to do with he-man (just an anoying brat to be saved) Tri klops was a Hunter and Trap jaw was terrifying.
    Its what I love about MOTUC, these are the characters with all the good bits mixed in, especially a respect for The original legends, So if the 4H decide to create the dream 'Heroic Warrior Princess' then at a later point do a Filmation version of Teela, lets embrace the differences!
    cheers Aj