Thread: Two questons about a movie Orko.

Two questons about a movie Orko.

1st: Would you all even WANT Orko in the movie?
    I sure do.

2nd: Would you be happy if they got the same voice actor from the MYP cartoon or would you want his voice less "cartoony"?
    I'd like them to get the same voice actor as in the 'toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    1st: Would you all even WANT Orko in the movie?
    I sure do.

2nd: Would you be happy if they got the same voice actor from the MYP cartoon or would you want his voice less "cartoony"?
    I'd like them to get the same voice actor as in the 'toon.
    Yes I want Orko in the movie. No I do not want him stupid, juvenile, slapstick, or comic relief.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Yes I want Orko in the movie. No I do not want him stupid, juvenile, slapstick, or comic relief.
    I totally agree with the second part and am on the fence on the first part because although I do want him in the movie, I have a hard time seeing it happen without him being all those things you disliked.

Historically I've only known Orko in two things. Filmation and MYP. As a kid I liked him in Filmation. As an adult, I found him (and the rest of the show) utterly intolerable, but he was even worse than the rest of it. He was tolerable in MYP. Consequently, given the average of the two, I'm rather concerned about what will happen if he is there and have a worry that he'll be the next coming of Jar Jar Binks.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes I want Orko in the movie.

I think they could use something like the MYP voice, but tone it down a little.

Also, I mean look at Gollum in LOTR. He had a lot of comedic moments in the movies and he was an animated character.

The key is to just making him a good character that benefits the plot and making him a REAL character.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Yes I want him there. But not throughout the whole movie. Give him 5 min of solo screentime at the most. No matter what though, he HAS to be in it.
    MOTU FANATIC 4EVER

Can't honestly say it would make any difference either way to me. But in terms of the voice, I think it would be a big mistake to have a cartoony voice like Orko's in the motion picture.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I'd like to see Orko in the movie. Beyond Orko being a part of MOTU; his character will fill the same classic role as Meriadoc (Merry) & Peregrin (Pippin) in LOTR and C3P0 & R2-D2 in Star Wars. [of course Orko will be portrayed in a manner fitting the tone of the movie]

As for question 2 -- I've always been confused as to why some don't like MYP Orko's voice. I thought MYP Orko was fine myself - and wouldn't mind if that voice actor who played Orko in the MYP series [Gabe Khouth] returned to voice him in the movie.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; April 16, 2009 at 03:04pm.

Greater than Excalibur Sword of Omens's Avatar
    Was never a big fan of orko. Like Snarf from Thundercats, he annoyed me.

The most I'd want to see him is as an background entertainer at some kind of feast at the palace where there are other entertainers like swordswallowers etc.
    Sic vis pacem para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war

I'd be perfectly happy if Orko stayed out of the movie. I'd rather have an epic feature without the token screw up magic arc that the character always provided.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Yes I would like him in it. He was a part of the cartoon and yes a little obnoxious at times but come on, Its Orko for god sakes. If someone were to listen to these threads there would be noone left in the movie! It would be a silent film with maybe a castle and no action!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark At Arms View Post
    Yes I would like him in it. He was a part of the cartoon and yes a little obnoxious at times but come on, Its Orko for god sakes. If someone were to listen to these threads there would be noone left in the movie! It would be a silent film with maybe a castle and no action!
    its funny you say that.

everyone has favorites, and people that they dislike.

I never understood why webstor was my brothers favorite growing up.
    and there was something about rio blast toy that I LOVED and i still dont really know why.

orko is obviously a character that polorizes people. but considering his place in the world he is part of the heart and soul of it no matter what "people consider THERE OWN MOTU" is.

I agree he is comical. cause that was his role. i dont think you can compare him to JARJAR, cause JARJAR wasnt a core character.

compare him to C3PO. and imagine saying, "i dont want him, he is just a stupid robot...." again, personal preference...

I would NOT MIND at all a reinvisioning of him. ( i read recently that he WAS suppose to be in the first movie in the 80's and the actor dropped out! ) --- is that true??

I found a picture of him looking more mystical. like he was a spirit. just floating there. and thought it would be cool if he was a spirit that adam had to go and confront. the artist MARKO DJURDJEVIC has some great MOTU sketches.

his orko is this reinventing thing. I will try and find it to post it.

but the point for me is, i prefer a MOTU with orko, cause if i cross the line of saying "i prefer not.." i could be strong enough to say, "you could drop out teela, sorceress, MAA, or cringer.."

Orko, to me is a must. I would like his childish qualities downplayed a bit, and I would hope that towards the end of the film (or possibly a series of films) Orko comes into his own and whups some serious booty with his magic (or at least provides a crucial turning point in the battle of good versus evil. Maybe he gets his wand back, after all these years, successfully channeing his Trollan magic to him on Eternia...?)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

orko in movie

I would say if he was in it make him almost a silent character. There's nothing wrong with making him a little mature, slightly more experienced so that he would be beneficial to the story, and also make him silent. Not saying make him a mute like they made bumblebee in the TF movie but maybe makeup something like he had a traumatic experience recently and he is just quiet now. The only way I see him truly benefiting this movie would be to die for a purpose, or have his magic truly help out the heroes frequently (even if it's little things like making light or unlocking doors and stuff). Other than that he would just be another jar jar.

I would like to see Orko in the new movie for sure. He is iconic to He-Man, and has always been in the show. I enjoyed him as a kid, and still do as an adult. I thnk though if he is in the movie that his parts be limited to Prince Adams home.. how is was often scene hanging out entertaing the king and queen. It would be cool to have a scene open up much like the new cartoon where they are having a banquet and Orko is there preforming magic.

I guess in a strange way he would look like a floating Jawa in a red robe lol with a pointy hat. Not sure though how they would update him to make him realistic.. though that all depends on the feel of the movie. They might surprise us and make him really cool looking.

Bottom line.. Orko should be in the movie for the sake of fans lol!

I think he should only be in the movie as a jester. I love Orko but I'm worried about him translating well to the "big screen."

Maybe show him as a background character but not a character that is along for the adventure.