View Poll Results: How Fast Will Zodac Sell Out?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30 Minutes

36 62.07%
  • 10 Minutes

1 1.72%
  • 13 Seconds

4 6.90%
  • He's Already Loooong Gone

17 29.31%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Fast Will ZODAC Sell Out?

How Fast Will ZODAC Sell Out?

These things are selling like hotcakes. How fast do you think ZOCAC will go?
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Well, they say Zodac and Hector should be available for at least a week with the new production amounts...

And what about Zodac® and Hordak™? We should be able to get our full increased allotment of Zodac® and Hordak™ on their first on-sale dates going forward, and if they still sell out in less than a week, we're gonna increase production further. Zodac® hits our e-shelves on May 15th and Hordak™ follows a month later on June 15th.

depends on how strongly increased the number was in comparison to Stratos - noone can actually estimate this without knowing how quickly the second batch of Mer-Man will take to sell out I think...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think Zodac might actually hang around for a few hours. I think Zodac has a couple of strikes against him.

• I noticed a lot of people were sold on MOTUC from seeing the Mer-Man figure, while Zodac was the one figure that they didn't like.

• Zodac was barely in any MOTU media, so people aren't nearly as nostalgic for him. Faker seemed more essential to most fans than Zodac.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Zodac might actually hang around for a few hours. I think Zodac has a couple of strikes against him.

• I noticed a lot of people were sold on MOTUC from seeing the Mer-Man figure, while Zodac was the one figure that they didn't like.

• Zodac was barely in any MOTU media, so people aren't nearly as nostalgic for him. Faker seemed more essential to most fans than Zodac.
    I agree. I hope he's around for a while because I'll be in DC all that week and probably wont be near a computer.

The only thing that might help Zodac's sales are that the "resellers" are all over this line right now. Once they leave it will be easy for the real fans to get tier figures.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm. I didn't vote, since I don't think the options are anywhere near representative of the actual real-world scenario we'll most likely be facing.

I think he'll be one of the figs that will last for quite some time, especially since he's got a high production backing him. But mostly it's because he's a bit of an underdog, which is a shame, IMHO. Since he's one of my favs.

It's a bit of luck in a way tho, for me. That means I won't have any problem whatsoever in getting ahold of him. He'll probably be up for a week, at the very least.

Still, it will most definitely be fun to see how fast he'll sell out, since he's truly the first underdog, which makes this an excellent lackmus-test for any and all of the lesser-known characters ( which is actually the majority of the characters) that we'll see in MotuC.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Hmm. I didn't vote, since I don't think the options are anywhere near representative of the actual real-world scenario we'll most likely be facing.

I think he'll be one of the figs that will last for quite some time, especially since he's got a high production backing him. But mostly it's because he's a bit of an underdog, which is a shame, IMHO. Since he's one of my favs.

It's a bit of luck in a way tho, for me. That means I won't have any problem whatsoever in getting ahold of him. He'll probably be up for a week, at the very least.

Still, it will most definitely be fun to see how fast he'll sell out, since he's truly the first underdog, which makes this an excellent lackmus-test for any and all of the lesser-known characters ( which is actually the majority of the characters) that we'll see in MotuC.
    I agree with my pal Predabot up there. With the increased numbers and Zodac's relatively low buzz (I don't understand it; I cannot wait to get him!), he should last a bit longer than the toys released lately.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Well... this entire poll is meant to be a bit of a joke, but I am really curious as to how fast people think he will sell.

Personally, I think he might last an hour or two, tops. With each figure, the demand seems to increase dramatically, and I don't see why ZODAC would be any different. The only difference is the increased production numbers.

Heck... at this point, I think you could put up a generic Eternian Villager with the accessory being a basket filled with fruit and it would sell out in no time flat.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 15, 2009 at 10:19pm.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I agree with my pal Predabot up there. With the increased numbers and Zodac's relatively low buzz (I don't understand it; I cannot wait to get him!), he should last a bit longer than the toys released lately.
    Ditto Im more excited by Zodac than Hordak, I cant wait!

At this point I don't think it matters all that much which character it is, it will sell quickly.

I can't even imagine what's going to happen with Hordak/Man-at-Arms/Tri-Klops ... if they don't have that pre-order/subscription service up and running by then, I think their servers will explode ...

That being said, I'm stoked for Zodac too. I remember getting him (and my brother got Ram-Man) the night before we went on our family's summer vacation one year - unexpected and awesome new additions just in time for a week of playing with them! Aaah, nostalgia!

i didnt vote. i really think he will last hopefully a few hours. but i do expect page loadups lags like i experianced yesterday. matty might even crash.
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I can't even imagine what's going to happen with Hordak/Man-at-Arms/Tri-Klops ...
    Agree 1000%. It just gets crazier with every release. I honestly think the internet will friggin' explode with HORDAK. It's to the point where people will buy a character they don't even like just because of the high demand. MATTEL needs to produce like... 4 or 5 times as many as they normally do. They'll still eventually sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I'm stoked for Zodac too. I remember getting him (and my brother got Ram-Man) the night before we went on our family's summer vacation one year - unexpected and awesome new additions just in time for a week of playing with them!
    Cool story.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Agree 1000%. It just gets crazier with every release. I honestly think the internet will friggin' explode with HORDAK.
    I think the upcoming Teela madness (whenever she comes out) will top Hordak's.
    That is the character that everyone has to see--the first female MOTUC figure.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I think, in one day.

After the MER MAN thing, everybody who thinks ZODAC will be around for a couple of weeks stand on your head....

And spin around 30 times while juggling flaming bowling balls with your bare feet.

I predict that ZODAC will be sold out by 3:00 p.m.

I predict that ZODAC will be completely sold out by 3:00 p.m.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; May 14, 2009 at 08:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Guess we'll find out soon enough, eh?
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    I just can't see it, this character does not have the same following as the ones before him and the ones after him - he's the dud in this line. He's gotten very little hype. I'm predicting he actually lasts a few days.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I think he will sell out a little slower than Mer-Man, being slightly less popular, but any MOTUC is good MOTUC so I can still see him being sold out in two or three hours!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I could be completely wrong, but I think there's a decent chance that Zodac will last a couple/few hours.

Keep in mind that with Mer-Man, he was split between two selling dates (with the total quantity equaling the number of Zodacs that will be available today) each of which lasted for just under an hour.

Plus, there was A LOT of problems with people getting duplicate orders of Mer-Man because of the glitches on the first sales date (and these problems carried over into the next sale since some of those duplicate orders were filled from the second batch of stock).

And ebay is flooded with Mer-Man figures, many of which are probably selling at a loss for the sellers when you consider the cost of the figure + original shipping from Matty.

And the issue with Mer-Man may cause the 'scalpers' to back off some this time, though that's debatable. On the one hand, due to the issues with Mer-Man, there's too many out there, and no one is really profiting on the resales of them, which may make the scalpers leary to buy too many figures again this time. At the same time, some may be aware of what the problem is, and know that it's been 'fixed', and may feel safe in ordering a bunch this time around. So, it's really a mixed bag. I have a feeling that at least a few of them will back off, possibly not knowing/realizing what the problem actually was, and being concerned of not making enough profit from these.

But I guess only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think the upcoming Teela madness (whenever she comes out) will top Hordak's.
    That is the character that everyone has to see--the first female MOTUC figure.
    Well, I think Hordak and MAA will be a couple of tough ones to get.

I think Teela may not end up being too bad mainly because by the time she comes out, she will likely be a figure available in the subscription service. And it seems like Mattel is putting the sign up for that service up early enough that they can adjust the quantities being produced appropriately.

Hordak and MAA will be challenging because they are already going to be based on the existing production run numbers that have been selling out quickly.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Am I the only one who doesn't care for Zodac? He was always a boring character to me, and the figure isn't all that interesting.

I'm still waiting for Merman - Round three .
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Well, it's 4:40 Eastern time and he is still not sold out....poor Zodac....
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Looks like we freaked out over nothing.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    These things are selling like hotcakes. How fast do you think ZOCAC will go?
    Now, I hope in a week.

Still avalible at 9:30 CET ... unbelievable!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

the madness is over....he's still available.

This guy really is going to be the Litmus test in this year's releases after all. Anyone think he might hang around for a while now?

Never mind, the scalpers will be back in full force next month.

HORDAK!