Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.16!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.16!

Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Check out his answers to your Round 16 questions!

-------------------

1. Has Mattel determined if and how much they will increase production numbers on figures, based on recent sell-outs?
    Yes. We have increased numbers for Mer-Man, Zodac and Hordak. If we still sell out we will increase again. The goal is to have the figures available for at least a few weeks before sell out. Collectors should note that because the increase in production on Mer-Man came so late, we are getting him in two different shipments. So likely we will sell out on day 1 with more coming a week or so later. Once we have a date for the second batch of Mer-Man we will post it on Facebook.

2. Will Hordak's title be changed to its classic "Ruthless Leader of the Evil Horde" rather than "Evil Leader" due to the redundant use of the word evil?
    This was actually a legitimate error. It should have been “Ruthless” and we will change that on future cross sell and any reissues going forward.

3. While waiting for the subscription to go into effect, could Mattel offer batches of each MOTUC figure at different times over the course of the day to help people who can't order the figures due to Internet restrictions at work?
    We actually don’t intend for the figures to sell out as fast as Faker did. We made just as many Fakers as we did Beastman and Beastman took 41 days to sell out. The goal is for the figure to be online for at least a few weeks and we will continue to adjust production numbers as needed without over producing.

4. Originally Mattel announced that sales had justified the possibility of doing vehicles. But in the latest Q&A you said no vehicles are planned and instead just large beasts. Why the change?
    Right now we are looking into doing Battle Cat because A: he is so iconic to the mythos and B: we can reuse the tool as Panthor, Clawdeen and others. A Windrider is only a Windrider to sell once. If sales do continue to increase we would love to get to vehicles one day. Which ones would fans want to see most?

5. If the fans don't like some aspect on a figure that is more than 3 months away, is there a chance to enact a change on that very figure if there is enough negative feedback towards it?
    By the time a figure is revealed it has already gone into production. Changes can only be implemented if we go back into production like with He-Man and Skeletor in late 2009.

6. Since Faker still has the large crotch piece which gives the figure the bowlegged stance, will (and if so, when will) Mattel make the smaller crotch piece used on Stratos & Beast Man the standard?
    There is actually only one crotch piece. Any variation you are seeing is just slight changes in the manufacturing process. All the figures have the same tool part.

7. There are fans who are a little weary that other armored figures such as King Randor, Fisto, Clawful and so on will be showing their abs like Hordak. Do you know if this will be the case, or will they have armor that goes all the way down their upper torso like the classic 80s figures?
    The figure doesn’t actually show his “abs”. A new “armor” mid torso piece is designed by the Horsemen to be part of the overall armor look which is broken in two to allow for articulation. And yes, this will be the design for all armored figures in the line.

8. There have been numerous reports on He-Man.org alone of production mistakes on MOTUC figures. Why are all these errors happening?
    Mistakes happen in all toy lines. We do have rigorous safety and quality testing but sometimes mistakes are made. They just tend to be more noticeable on a highly collectable line such as MOTUC because these have dedicated fans who discuss the lines in detail online (which is a good thing as it helps us ID the mistakes and correct them - as we did with King Grayskull’s foot problems)

9. How about adding a "back order" option to sold-out figures on Matty Collector to help Mattel gauge interest in 2nd edition figures, help Mattel adjust future production runs, plus to notify those customers when that figure returns for reorder?
    We are well aware of greater interest in figures that have been sold out and this is why we will go back into production of them in time.

10. What is the purpose of "real" names for the characters, and what is the process for coming up with each new "real" name?
    The “purpose” is to give a bit more character and background to the characters of the MOTU world. Although as we have stated in the past, MOTU is always intended to be an avatar for fantasy play. If in your imagination He-Man was named “Bobo the fighting guy” that is okay too. It really is up to each fan to imagine MOTU characters the way they want.

For this particular toy line, MOTU Classics, we wanted to find ways to infuse more background into the characters for some fans who enjoy that approach. Not all will, which is why these bios are for entertainment only. You won’t like every movie you see either, but we hope in time most fans will embrace some of the new concepts we are introducing in this line as much as they embraced Trap Jaw’s new origin for the 2002 show which contradict his earlier mini comic origin.

The process involves going through all the current material available that we have legal rights to including the 2002 cartoon, the mini comics, licensing guides, some of the early books and the original toy line notes and story concepts. We also have notes about what would have been the 3rd season of the 2002 series and have already incorporate that into the line (i.e. Faker’s bio).

Since it is well established in MOTU mythos that characters do indeed have real names (Keldor, Duncan, Adora etc..) we wanted to spread this to other characters as well. In the case of some, like Stratos, he is referred to as Lord Stratos by other Avians, so it is clear that is his name. Other characters like Mer-Man or Hordak clearly have nicknames or military names. So in there case we wanted to provide a real name to add to their backstory.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 18!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    And, have fun discussing Toy Guru's answers to your Round 16 questions!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So by the time we see the MOTUC figures revealed at SDCC, they are making the figures?

Wow. So there really is no "nipping mistakes in the bud". If Mattel screwed up the original figure they are going to fix it with the eventual re-release figure.
    Oh, well...I've always said Mattel would improve on already released characters.

I was just hoping that if there was something so terrible, that Mattel could catch it and fix it.

As for Hordak, it isn't a title--it happens to be his name and originally he started the Horde, which is named after himself. I didn't think of his name as a code name or title, but a name that happened to be close to the word 'horde'.

Ah, well...perhaps they can change the name back to Hordak for the re-release.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I'll tell you right now TG... Vehicles I'd like to see the most?

Battle Ram with removable sky sled!

Wind Raider!

Thanks for everything!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

*chuckles at the mention of Clawdeen* That's so unexpected, but cool.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I am all for a clawdeen, I bet Catra will look incredable riding on top of her!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

At least I hope we don't get painted abs anymore.. just let them be skin colored.
    Last edited by Tuukka; April 16, 2009 at 06:24pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I second that, Clawdeen is awesome!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Clawdeen means Battle Lion is close too. I wonder why TG didn't mention him, just others

Indirectly we got confimation Catra is coming too then

Nice Q and A

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Hope I didn't make it sound like I don't want a Clawdeen.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I think the answer to 10 pretty much tells it like it is. You are not going to like every movie you see, no one is going to be 100% satisified 100% of the time. If there is something you don't like about the figures(quality issues aside), no one is forcing you to buy them!!!
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    *chuckles at the mention of Clawdeen* That's so unexpected, but cool.
    This was actually my favorite part of the answer. Catra would just look... odd... without Clawdeen especially since we're getting Battlecat, Panthor, Swiftwind (they didn't say, but you know we will) and maybe Cringer down the line.

I'm so stoked about Clawdeen being considered - and that Clawdeen will be as big as Battle-Cat and Panthor! AWESOME!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I'll tell you right now TG... Vehicles I'd like to see the most?

Battle Ram with removable sky sled!

Wind Raider!

Thanks for everything!
    I definitely second that

All I want is a Battle Ram!!
    Probably the coolest fantasy vehicle of all time that one!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Since when has Hordak been a title? In my head its always been his name and The Horde was named after him as he was their leader/founder, or is that just me?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Vehicles I want:

BATTLE RAM WITH REMOVABLE SKY SLED

WIND RAIDER

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    So by the time we see the MOTUC figures revealed at SDCC, they are making the figures?

Wow. So there really is no "nipping mistakes in the bud". If Mattel screwed up the original figure they are going to fix it with the eventual re-release figure.
    Oh, well...I've always said Mattel would improve on already released characters.

I was just hoping that if there was something so terrible, that Mattel could catch it and fix it.

As for Hordak, it isn't a title--it happens to be his name and originally he started the Horde, which is named after himself. I didn't think of his name as a code name or title, but a name that happened to be close to the word 'horde'.

Ah, well...perhaps they can change the name back to Hordak for the re-release.
    The problem is, what you're talking about aren't mistakes on a figure, but instead stuff fans simply do not like, and those are two very different things.

And DID Hordak start the Horde? What about Horde Prime? Hordak certainly answered to him, as if he was his soldier.

I like that they took so much time to address the name issue since that's a big one among fans, and I like their answer and do wish less people would let the bios that the company comes up with dictate their enjoyment of these excellent toys.

I'm very happy to hear the Ruthless/Evil thing was just a mistake.

I appreciate their honesty and openness about Hordak's styule of armor being how such armor will be styled for the entire line (which I think I don't mind and am at the very least going to wait to see what it looks like in person and don't think it looks even remotely like a spotrts bra).
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Battle Lion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spydor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post

And DID Hordak start the Horde? What about Horde Prime? Hordak certainly answered to him, as if he was his soldier.
    In my head Horde Prime didn't exist in the toyline/mattel continuity only in the filmation continuity.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Still the armor thing bugs me, but I'll have to wait til Hordak is in my hands.
    And He-Ro certainly doesn't have lower armor,
    that or that made it look really good.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

I would buy multiple Battle Rams/Sky Sleds if they made them.

Didn't like the "real name" answer though. Hordak's real name is Hordak! It's not just a title!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru
    There is actually only one crotch piece. Any variation you are seeing is just slight changes in the manufacturing process. All the figures have the same tool part.
    Sorry, Toyguru.

How is that much of a discrepancy possible with "slight changes in the manufacturing process" and why are Beast Man's and Stratos' identical, and smaller than King Grayskull, He-Man, Skeletor, and Faker, which are also identical to each other?

Shaving this piece down on almost every figure is getting a little old.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Thanks ToyGuru! Really appreciate these answers and keep up the great work!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    All I want is a Battle Ram!!
    Probably the coolest fantasy vehicle of all time that one!
    I really second that, Though I always consider the Sky Sled alone as Battle Ram, and I adore the sky sled + its small so not a huge drama!
    Cheers AJ

Another good round of answers.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Good round of answers. I would love a Battle Ram and Wind Raider. I'd also love to see Stridor and Night Stalker since they are the same mold.