Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 132

Thread: Matty discusses Merman issues on Facebook / Loop problem appears fixed (April 16, 09)

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior Motorthing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    917
    Don't know if this adds insult to anyone's injury but as one of the "few" that got an international order in through Emiliano's tip I just recieved a shipping confirmation notice. Not cancelled or anything else, confirmed at shipped.

    So I know now that an International Embargoe wasn't in place - at least not totally. The flip response that there was a "problem" for International buyers but it's all fixed now could have been a lot more helpfully explained though.

    However, this is not going to make the 99.98% of the rest of the Intl community that were not so lucky feel any better.

    Now I have guilt - sorry.

  2. #77
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I just tried and the loop is still there...
    Not sure if this will help, but maybe try clearing your cookies or using another browser.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  3. #78
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,588
    Low as my opinion is of Mattel lately, I must agree with our fearless leader: I don't think there was any attempt to deliberately block orders outside the US. It would be foolhardy even for Mattel, and, more importatnly, I think folks are giving Digital River way too much credit in that conspiracy theory. The assumption would be that they were able to block international orders without also blocking US orders, and, I'll be blunt, what I've seen makes me seriously doubt anyone at DR actually has the actual know-how to do that. There were problems across the spectrum, more than just the empty cart and log-ins, which points to an overall problem (like we've seen before), not something aimed at one segment of the customer base.

    It's one of those ironic cases where a bad track record is actually DR's best defense.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  4. #79
    Profanity Bleeper EuroCoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kajaani, Finland
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    ''We have also corrected the problem with international orders and they should not have trouble ordering when Mer-Man goes back on sale in a week or two''

    I thought the confirmed date for the second batch was the 23rd April? ... surely they know the date for release already, and if they're changing it, why not tell us now? ...

    Anyways - roll on the 23rd! (or the 24th, 25th?!) ...
    They have never said that the exact date is 23rd, next two quotes are from Mattycollector Facebook notifications:

    One from April 8th
    Mer-Man - 4 /15

    We will likley sell out of Mer-Man on day 1, but we have a second batch coming in which should go on sale about 4/23
    and one from April 11th
    1: Mer-Man will go on sale on the 15th but because we increased the quantity we will have a second shipment available around the 23rd. This is not a second printing, but rather the entire revised increased order did not all make it on the same boat, so the second batch will arrive a week later.
    Lately they have only said things like "last week of April" and "in a week or two". I'm a very patient man and can wait week or two, or even month or two, if that ensures that I get my Mer-Man.

    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

    Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

    * My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

  5. #80
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,574
    Well, since an hour or so I can order on Matty again. The loop is gone

    Djeez, I remember sitting in this chair 2 days (46 hours) ago ready for Merman

  6. #81
    Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Qc,Canada
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    Well, since an hour or so I can order on Matty again. The loop is gone

    Djeez, I remember sitting in this chair 2 days (46 hours) ago ready for Merman
    Loop isn't gone here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Not sure if this will help, but maybe try clearing your cookies or using another browser.
    No, that doesn't do anything. Everybody tried this already. The problem isn't on the users' end.
    Last edited by MyBroGotAllMyFigs; April 17, 2009 at 10:19am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #82
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,574
    I am a work. I tried ordering JUST stands.
    That works.
    When I get home I'll try ordering:
    1. JUST stands with Google Chrome
    2. 6 Mermans that are still in my cart with stands.

    If option 1 works and 2 doesn't the loop is caused by the items that are now not in stock anymore.
    If option 1 and 2 don't work at home, the server at work isn't blocked. I work at a bank. In that case I'll will be working late the 23rd so I can order from work

    Are you still "looping" without Merman in your cart?

  8. #83
    Heroic Master Of Wisdom Arthur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Malta near Italy
    Posts
    2,161
    Can you please go here: http://www.geobytes.com/ipLocator.htm

    And report the geographical location reported for your IP at work.

    Thanks
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

  9. #84
    Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Morris, IL
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    No, because I also ad the loop when I order stands or other stuff that is not sold out.
    Gross. I'm sorry.
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

    Only 4 more that need updating:

    Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

  10. #85

  11. #86
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamutstreet View Post
    Gross. I'm sorry.

    What is gross??

  12. #87
    Heroic Hero Grayskull's Heir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,636
    I just tried it using Firefox instead of IE. Tried to order some stands that are not sold out.

    The loop is still there.
    Awesome sticker included!

  13. #88
    *THE ORIGINAL* Hek-tor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    eh..where I am?
    Posts
    697
    Hey gents,

    It seems to me that everyone is trying to checkout then log in when prompted. Has anyone tried to LOG IN first?

    This happened to me with Skeletor. I had two in my cart and tried to check-out before logining in and wound up in the "empty cart" loop.

    After a half hour of trying to check-out, I closed my browser, launched it again, LOGGED IN, then I was able to check-out with any problems.

  14. #89
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,755
    I'm one of the many who got affected by this whole deal too, but I have to laugh at it somehow... So...

    A little humor on the situation....



    Weeellll, Mer-Man went on sale and Mattel was not prepared...
    There were lots of ord'rin' problems and the fans' tempers were flared!
    Well things are gettin' hammered out and Mattel made 'pologies
    Let's hope this doesn't happen with He-Ro in Ju-Ly-ee!

    (Sorry if they 2nd verse scares some folks, but it's true!)
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

  15. #90
    Profanity Bleeper EuroCoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kajaani, Finland
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Hek-tor View Post
    Hey gents,

    It seems to me that everyone is trying to checkout then log in when prompted. Has anyone tried to LOG IN first?

    This happened to me with Skeletor. I had two in my cart and tried to check-out before logining in and wound up in the "empty cart" loop.

    After a half hour of trying to check-out, I closed my browser, launched it again, LOGGED IN, then I was able to check-out with any problems.
    I tried both ways multiple times and with multiple browsers. When I was already logged in when going to the Checkout-page, it asked my email and password again and after that "empty cart"-message appeared.

    - Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

    Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

    * My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    289
    still getting the loop on any item from Matty, doesn't matter if i log in first or after.

    How can i get this sorted before next week?? so so frustrating

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,143
    still getting the loop, and I've tried logging in both ways and deleted all my history/cookies etc.

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior sgmilne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    still getting the loop on any item from Matty, doesn't matter if i log in first or after.

    How can i get this sorted before next week?? so so frustrating
    It's not for you to sort out - that's up to them. I really hope they won't put Merman on sale again before it's all sorted, but sadly I imagine that it will just be sold again as soon as it's in stock, whether the issue is resolved or not.

  19. #94
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,427
    Well i guess I'll have to dig real deep in pockets if i'm gonna want to see mer man up close now...ebay here i come.

    Problem still happening...Matty must find it hard to walk with the size of his balls for lying to our faces saying its fixed

  20. #95
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    I am a work. I tried ordering JUST stands.
    That works.
    When I get home I'll try ordering:
    1. JUST stands with Google Chrome
    2. 6 Mermans that are still in my cart with stands.

    If option 1 works and 2 doesn't the loop is caused by the items that are now not in stock anymore.
    If option 1 and 2 don't work at home, the server at work isn't blocked. I work at a bank. In that case I'll will be working late the 23rd so I can order from work
    Okay, option 1 and 2 don't work from home.

    Arthur,

    I will let you know what the website shows at work.

    I WILL BE WORKING LATE AT WORK SO I CAN ORDER FROM THERE THE 23TH

  21. #96
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,588
    Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    I really hope they won't put Merman on sale again before it's all sorted, but sadly I imagine that it will just be sold again as soon as it's in stock, whether the issue is resolved or not.
    I would really hope they wouldn't put Merman up again until they were at least reasonably sure there wouldn't be a repeat of last time, as that would be the wise and responsible thing to do. Given the recent bad press Mattel has gotten, I don't think they can afford ticking off a good cross-section of the globe here.

    Even if I had missed him, I still wouldn't want him going up until everyone has a shot at him.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  22. #97
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    503
    It's 9:23pm 17th April 2009 and I still keep getting the loop. I also think it would be silly to sell Mer-Man when they still have these problems.

  23. #98
    Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Definitely.

    It's no wonder Mattel wasn't prepared for the rising support of MOTUC.

    Who could have predicted that in a few months, they'd go from taking 41 days to sell the entire stock of a figure to taking less than an hour?
    Exactly.

    We have to purchase raw material almost 8 months before a figure goes on sale. MOTUC has been selling out much faster than expected. With the first figures taking a month and a half to sell out, it is a bit hard to expect us to jump right into greater production. Now that we have a better idea of how fast figures are selling out, we are increasing production, but only on figures that are now a few months out from now. Get it? That is why Mer Man had to come in on two seperate shipments. By the time we asked for an increased order when we saw how fast Stratos sold out, Mer Man was already in production.

    Also, for the fans who posted that we deleted their posts on Facebook, didn't happen. We have never deleted anything from Facebook and would appreciate if fans would not spread false info. With so much flying fast and furious, mis information is only going to lead to more confusion.

    We are increasing production and if the second shipment of Mer Man also sells out fast we will continue to increase production with future figures.

    TG

  24. #99
    Personal Trainer Binx4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Exactly.

    We have to purchase raw material almost 8 months before a figure goes on sale. MOTUC has been selling out much faster than expected. With the first figures taking a month and a half to sell out, it is a bit hard to expect us to jump right into greater production. Now that we have a better idea of how fast figures are selling out, we are increasing production, but only on figures that are now a few months out from now. Get it? That is why Mer Man had to come in on two seperate shipments. By the time we asked for an increased order when we saw how fast Stratos sold out, Mer Man was already in production.

    Also, for the fans who posted that we deleted their posts on Facebook, didn't happen. We have never deleted anything from Facebook and would appreciate if fans would not spread false info. With so much flying fast and furious, mis information is only going to lead to more confusion.

    We are increasing production and if the second shipment of Mer Man also sells out fast we will continue to increase production with future figures.

    TG
    Thanks for keeping us informed TG. Just wondering though if the 2nd batch will be the same amount as the first. I mean, is production doubled on Merman, or just increased by an amount that is less that the first shipment?

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior xBBestx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Exactly.

    We have to purchase raw material almost 8 months before a figure goes on sale. MOTUC has been selling out much faster than expected. With the first figures taking a month and a half to sell out, it is a bit hard to expect us to jump right into greater production. Now that we have a better idea of how fast figures are selling out, we are increasing production, but only on figures that are now a few months out from now. Get it? That is why Mer Man had to come in on two seperate shipments. By the time we asked for an increased order when we saw how fast Stratos sold out, Mer Man was already in production.

    Also, for the fans who posted that we deleted their posts on Facebook, didn't happen. We have never deleted anything from Facebook and would appreciate if fans would not spread false info. With so much flying fast and furious, mis information is only going to lead to more confusion.

    We are increasing production and if the second shipment of Mer Man also sells out fast we will continue to increase production with future figures.

    TG
    Sorry my bad, not sure if others have been saying there posts were deleted, but I will admit that I did and I was mistaken. The comments were flying up on there so fast that mine got pushed to a different page and I didn't see it, so I admit that I'm wrong and I apologize.

    I would still like to know however, how come this bad script on the shopping cart would not allow international customers to order, why it's still happening, and can we be guaranteed that it won't happen for the second batch?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •