Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Bow

MOTUC Visions: Bow

With everyone still recovering from the giant Mer-Man mess, I wanted to do something really nice for fans.
    So I changed my original schedule and I'm posting the first drawing made purposingly for these threads (all the others had been done last year).

With Bow, I again tryied to blend toy and cartoon as much as possible.
    IMO, there is nothing in this desing not doable due to copyrights, because the original figure was already very close to the cartoon.

It was just a matter of changing cape and shoulder pads from fabric an glittery stickers to something that woudl make more sense in plastic. And the result is.... a Bow almost identical to the cartoon!

But what's really important to me are the accessories: the bow needs to have the signature horse head, and he wouldn't be Bow to me without his harp!

Also, to make everyone happy, let's include an alternate armor (resembling the extra one that came with the toy) and an alternate, mustacheless head with the headband.

He looks great. I am not a big fan of the character myself but if the 4-H make him look this good I will definatly get him. I prefer th enormal looking version to the alterniate. Something about him looks better, and his weapons look very good.
    JD

Wow! Looks fantastic! Give me the alternate head an armor. I'll keep the classic look stored away for those 'special occassions'.

AMAZING
    I really hope that when he gets released he would be close to this design

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Wow, that s a stunning Bow, Emiliano
    Last edited by mermaidliz; April 18, 2009 at 08:17am.
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

Excellent Emiliano!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    Now that looks great.
    Bow looks like he belongs in MOTU
    (sorry he never fit in before-to me)

Only thing that would be an issue-
    The stupid Ab Crunch articulation.

Both armors would have to change
    (unless they were soft armor)
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

Movie mayhem!
    WOW... i would ADORE TO get that BOW! He's Fantastic Emil!!!

These are getting cooler and cooler... I'll take the classic toy version with the headband and no moustache and the cool armor, thanks!

I really like this one! Surprisingly because I like Bow just barely better than I like Adam.

I love that there are two versions, toy accurate and toy/filmation accurate. Best way to please everybody right there, because I'm sure there are those, who would have their preferences, yet both versions are excellent and accurate depictions of the character.

Awesome!

Really like the toy/armored version a lot!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Very nice, Em. How about a third version? Alternate armor with his Filmation head? I've always thought headbands look silly on people I am always impressed with your work.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

I actually don't mind if BOW is the first POP character made. Especially if he resembles or be close enough to look like that!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Looks great! I preffer the original BOW, on the left.

It seems easy for Mattel to make him, since they only have to make new feet, forearms,lower legs and middle section - apart from the exclusive armor and weapons all figures get!

Oh dearie my, great !
    Alles Orko oder was? - ...'cause Trollans are the best! - She-Raver by conviction...

Emiliano, do you want to marry me???

Ok, I'm kidding, but how can I and other MOTU fans thanks you enough for such a master piece???? Every each of you drawings brings us joy and gives us a perfect view of everyone's imagination around a MOTU or POP character. And this one is surely a great one again! All the stuff-concept is perfect, especially the removing armor and alternate head!!! And I love is bracelets!!! Now, I just hope the MOTUC Bow can be a half as brillant as this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    With everyone still recovering from the giant Mer-Man mess, I wanted to do something really nice for fans.
    And that's a very sweet attention!!!

I LOVE YOUR VISIONS!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    So I changed my original schedule and I'm posting the first drawing made purposingly for these threads (all the others had been done last year).

With Bow, I again tryied to blend toy and cartoon as much as possible.
    IMO, there is nothing in this desing not doable due to copyrights, because the original figure was already very close to the cartoon.

It was just a matter of changing cape and shoulder pads from fabric an glittery stickers to something that woudl make more sense in plastic. And the result is.... a Bow almost identical to the cartoon!

But what's really important to me are the accessories: the bow needs to have the signature horse head, and he wouldn't be Bow to me without his harp!

Also, to make everyone happy, let's include an alternate armor (resembling the extra one that came with the toy) and an alternate, mustacheless head with the headband.

I got to say that I'm loving the way he looks. But like another mentioned. The armor issue. With the ab crunch it will be kind of hard to pull off unless they make a new chest for him. I mean if they can make a new lower ab less piece for Hordak. Why not one for Bow? The cape will be a hard issue unless they make the cape removable some how, but there would be holes in the body for them to attach to and I think some would not like that idea. I was thinking what if the smaller armor which fits like Mer-Man's. Stays on cause its molded to fit the body. But up where the cape attaches has a groove or something where the main body armor can be attached. While the rest of the armor just wraps around the body and attaches to itself. I would draw it but having a hard time doing getting it to look like I am trying to describe.Anyway, if we got him like that, I still would be very happy. I liked Bow, but hated how he was smaller compared to the MOTU.
    Last edited by Marvelous0ne; April 18, 2009 at 02:47pm.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    The toy and cartoon-version are very similar indeed! All that's really needed when interchanging the two is the removable armour and head. Bravó, Emiliano!

I think the ones that I'm really looking forward to seeing your takes on, are Entrapta and Catra. Those two are very different from the cartoon, so just like She-Ra they pose quite the challenge. ( Personally I'm hoping you'll chose the toy as inspiration more for Entrapta, it's cooler. )

I love it. But i think the alternate head and one with the armor is my favorite.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Looks great. But didn't he have a gold glove in the classic fig?

Wow Emilliano, your new version on the right is Sooo much better then the original! Never liked Bow, that mustache and bug red heart on his chest was just too ridiculous for me, Oliver Queen would laugh his ass off had he seen this archer ! And I don't mind the gold headband, just keeps him with that 80s look without the Magnum PI mustache as stated before!

I think it sucks how you weren't asked to provide at some new artwork for this new series, after you, Enza, and Val put all your blood sweat and tears into the 2002 serise (I loved those comics BTW ). It wasn't your fault that the stupid toy stores would only carry all the alternate He-Man & Skeletors, or that kids today just didn't get it, and that Mattel really should have geared it especially towards us nostalgia geeks ! Oh well.

BTW, I'd love to see your take on a Filmation stlye Teela since they're going with the original cobra headress style
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like the armored and "mustache-less" version more. really good job.

the only thing I would change is that Bow has the same belT and shorts as He-Man, MAA etc to truly fit into MOTU.

Yep thats Bow alright

I was a little nervous when they said Bow would use the muscular "MOTUC body" but seeing this I really see how it could work! I'd like the head band version best but the more I see the mustache. He needs to come with those accesories.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

A big fan of Slush Head
    The perfect blend! Bow looks amazing Emiliano.
    I hope he looks this good when released.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Incredible!!!! Stunning!!! Awesome!!! You are very talented. Can't you somehow commission these to the Horsemen? This is the way Bow should be, anything less than this would just be a disappointment.