View Poll Results: Would you want a quarterly 2-Pack subscription?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! This is a great idea!

11 22.00%
  • No! I prefer the sub model as it is now.

19 38.00%
  • No, but I would like a 2-Pack added to the normal sub!

18 36.00%
  • Other... (Explain)

2 4.00%

Thread: Would you want a quarterly 2-Pack subscription?

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!

Would you want a quarterly 2-Pack subscription?

Due to the responses I've been reading in the He-Man vs. Skeletor 2 pack thread, I started wondering: what if the entire sub was in a 2-Pack form?

The subscription would consist of FOUR 2-Packs that are shipped quarterly, i.e. March, June, September, and December plus a club exclusive.

An example would be the Club Grayskull 2017 sub.

*March - Man-At-Arms vs. Tri-Klops 2-pack

*June - Teela vs. Mer-Man 2-pack

*September - Ram-Man vs. Count Marzo 2-pack

*December - She-Ra vs. Hordak 2-pack

Club Exclusive:
    * Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle 2-pack (ships with June figures)

Of course this sub model could work for the Collector's Choice, 200X pt.2, or New Adventures as well.

So what do you think? Would you want a quarterly 2-Pack sub?

Let us know your thoughts in the thread!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

"Other"

I do not think it is the best idea, but it could work. I do not particularly want a sub of 2 pacs but I'd probably buy it.

I voted No but would like a 2 pack in the sub.

I'm not against 2 packs at all but not for my main A listers. I do enjoy the DC vs MotU 2 packs for variants, or duos like say if Lord Masque and Shokoti were a 2 pack, or for troops, like the Snakemen, etc but not for Mer Man, Man at Arms, Tri-Klops etc.

I would love this idea. Getting a good guy and a bad guy every three months in a 2-pack? That would be awesome!

And with a sub like Club Grayskull, Mattel could make episode-specific 2-packs which would include a description of said episode on the box and include a free download code for the episode as well.
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

I was looking at the vintage line up today. You may be on to something here after all. I wouldn't want such a 2 pack as my main sub, but like Mattel did in the 80s, it may be a nice way to get original A listers back out there. Again not as the main sub but outside the sub as an opportunity for new comers to get their hands on the first few years line up. Using the vintage box set packs packaging may help too.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I feel if they did characters from certain areas, like mini comics and film at ion episodes. Garn and Lodar, or Lodar and Kolbold, or sets like this. It's a possibility if done right.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    This is a great idea because that let us get 10 characters instead of 7 but they have to choose wisely which ones to combine
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    No but ! would like a 2 pack in the sub.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    This is a great idea because that let us get 10 characters instead of 7 but they have to choose wisely which ones to combine
    Yeah, this is what I was thinking too.

If they play their cards right, the good guy versus bad guy system could work out really well!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I think the 2-pack idea would be ideal for an army-builders subscription (and not necessarily one were every 2-pack contains the same character repeated, which I think only works for high-demand army-builders like the Horde Troopers). For example, a subscription including quarterly releases of:

- Brightmoon Guards 2-pack (blue female + red male)
    - Preternian Warriors 2-pack (Ape Clan Warrior with second Ollo head + Snake Clan Warrior)
    - NA Troopers 2-pack (Primus Trooper with alternate heads + pink-version Mutant Trooper)

Plus any of:

- Snakemen II 2-pack (greenish and reddish/purple snakeman types)
    - 200X army-builder 2-pack (Turban Guard + MVC Skeleton Warrior)
    - Ladybird army-builder 2-pack (Grayskull Sentry + winged/wingless Skelcon [removable wings with plugs for the holes, or better, alternate vest without any wing holes just reusing the one coming with Roton])
    - '87 movie troopers 2-pack (Dark Trooper + Dark Warlord, with accessories to make two of the same kind [or at least to make the warlord into a regular trooper, as there are supposed to be more regular shock troopers than elite warlords])

The sub exclusive could be, for example, the Horde Dark Rider (reusing the 200X Skeleton Warrior tooling for the figure, and including the necessary accessories and/or removable/swappable parts to make a Silver Storm out of the Dark Rider horse). Or maybe a special multipack with some assortment of "generic" army-builders for non-human species (such as goblins, kobolds, ilkorts, fishmen, aquatican guards, andreenid warriors, polti, kex people, tycons, red arachna warriors, generic karikoni, avionians, etc.).

I don't think it would be as good an idea for a general-purpose subscription, unless the groupings were very carefully chosen (i.e., like Tuvar & Baddra, Masks of Power Demons, Granita & Facet, Pebbliss & Bouldar, Lord Tyrin & Lady Valtira, 200X Randor & Marlena, etc.). There are far more characters that cannot be meaningfully grouped this way, so that's why I don't think it would be an ideal configuration for the main sub. But hey, if it happens to be the best (or only) way to get us more characters released (after this year's rather meager, half-a-sub, offering, as compared to past, full-sub, years), then I would totally welcome it.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

No, just like the 2 pack they were c=going to release of She-Ra and the Horde Trooper mini figures, I was going to buy 5 of them and give out the 4 extra She-Ra figures to my 3 Grand-Daughters. (And one to my Daughter).

But if they Pared He-Man with Skeletor's robots, that would stink. Loook how how they put a SkeleyCon in with large pack, now if you want more then one you have to pay a fortune, or hope they release it as singles.

Down with 2 packs, unless they lower the price.

Nah... the sub seems good as is. Besides... Matty is barely getting the current sub model right. We are still getting delayed figures and product mishaps. Adding more figures will just make it worse for fans. Don't get me wrong, 2-Packs are nice... depending on what's in it.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

For those saying no, just keep in mind that this line won't go on forever. If you can't afford this type of expanded sub, that's understandable, but you could always wait and buy things later, after they've been produced and sold.

Better to have to wait, if money is an issue, and buy stuff a while after it has been released, than to not see it produced at all.
    A Want List of Sorts: at this point... I just hope there is a 2017...

The only problem with two packs is if they stick in a character you hate, you have to buy him no to get the other one you like. I like two packs for troop builders and special sets, but I dont know if I want all my figs held hostage by another. It seems getting them one at a time avoids this problem.........guess Im still on the fence at this point.

No! I prefer the sub model as it is now.

I'm happy with the current amount of product scheduled for this year. One or two multi-packs out of sub would be fine for me though. Anymore than than and I feel like we're getting overwhelmed with product. There's already a lot of stuff in the pipeline between the two MOTU subs, Thundercats and out of sub items.

Quote Originally Posted by revelat10n View Post
    No! I prefer the sub model as it is now.

I'm happy with the current amount of product scheduled for this year. One or two multi-packs out of sub would be fine for me though. Anymore than than and I feel like we're getting overwhelmed with product. There's already a lot of stuff in the pipeline between the two MOTU subs, Thundercats and out of sub items.
    I second this!
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?