View Poll Results: Skelcon deserves to be separated from Roton?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 80.95%
  • No

12 19.05%

Thread: Skelcon deserves to be separated from Roton?

Skelcon deserves to be separated from Roton?

Since it's an army builder it doesn't make sense to use it with the Roton, the Skelcons are an army buider, so it deserves to be separated from Roton.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Now that all the vintage figures are done, don't let MOTUC die, keep buyin' the figures!
    2016 will be great!!!

I do agree. I doubt I'll buy multiple Rotons, but it is tempting. I'd like a few of that guy. Still, maybe an individual release in a different costume?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Not a whole lot will buy multiples of the Roton just to get a Skelcon. I want a packaged figure, just like the Horde Trooper, and hopefully the Snakemen soldier in orange or yellow.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    It comes down to one thing with Mattel which is why I don't understand they went this way. MONEY!!! This figure has potential to sell very well on his own and they blew it. Or maybe they think we are so pathetic we would buy multiple roton's and they can rake it in. Or maybe they put him with the roton because of poor vehicle sales in the past. Whatever the reason we get screwed if we want more than one. Way to go Mattel. Thanks again.
    One purple turd deserves another.

Bottom Line they didn't separate Teela from the Point dread set when some people asked and they are not about to separate the Skelcon from the Roton set just because some people want to army build skelcons, The figure has already been costed into the Rotons price point at Mattel. It would cost mattel more money right now to package it separate and offer it as it's own item right now, even if they did offer it separate for the sake of conversation it would sell out in munutes with many fans being upset they couldn't get it. I say leave it with the roton, many fans will buy at least two Rotons and with the mold in existence Mattel could always reissue the Skelcon separate only with wings like the comic and that would be a great army builder for 2017
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    I hesitated to answer "no" but only not to have a 2pack. I prefer Roton to be single packed and Skelecon too

I think it'd be cool for them to do multipacks of non-related army builders.

Imagine a 3-pack of a Skelcon, a Horde Wraith, and a Snakeman or Trooper.

Or two packs. Wraith/Trooper and Skelcon/Snakeman. Or mix 'em up.

The winged skelcon would be the perfect army builder. Mattel will already have the skelcon figure mold and they have the Wings that were used on Dreago man, Granamyr and Lord Dactus

Matty will have all the parts and with no new tooling as an army builder it will be cheap to put out.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

I'd rather they release multipacks of related army-builders. Such as male and female Brightmoon Guards for PoP, the Ape Clan & Snake Clan Warriors from Preternia, the Mutant & Primus Troopers from NA, the Skeleton and/or Bone Warriors and/or Turban Guards from 200X, or the Shock & Warlord Dark Centurion Troopers from the 1987 movie (the Air Centurion for its part should be a separate "oversized" release, I think, so as to include their hoverdisk). Or, to include the Skelcons, a 2-pack of (Winged?) Skelcon + Grayskull Sentry. Those would make more sense than random combinations.

OTOH, I'd much rather they released the winged Skelcon as a pack-in with the Roton and the wingless version on its own, because the winged one I see as an "elite" Skelcon, and an army is supposed to have less "elite soldiers" (the winged ones in this case, who have more powers/abilities) than regular "foot soldiers" (the less powerful, wingless ones). Being a pack-in with a large expensive item (therefore hardly army-buildable beyond a few units, and that assuming one can even afford more than just one of it) very obviously limits the army-building potential of the pack-in; so that spot fits the winged Skelcon better than the wingless one.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 16, 2016 at 05:13pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Yes, the Skelcon was the wrong choice for a vehicle pilot. Skelcons are another potential army builder, I would have bought at least 4 of them. They could even have made it a 2-pack with an alternate winged version.

The Roton should have been paired with the Fighting Foe Man Ditztroyer, wearing a cloth cape so he can actually sit in it. After all, the Roton is his vehicle.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Definitely. Skelcon should come as a two pack or something.

Roton should come with a hoodie type with a short cape for Ditztroyer so he'll be able to sit in there.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I would have preferred that the Skelcon be sold individually as I would have bought 2, but I'm okay with it being included with the Roton. I can't say the same for the Heroic Vehicle pack-in figures...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

They're finally bringing back the Horde Trooper, so maybe there's a chance the Skelcon could get reissued if there's enough demand. I doubt there will be as much demand as the Trooper, but we'll see. I'd by a few, they're pretty gnarly!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please make it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

Yah it does suck that the Roton comes with a Skelcon, but who would you prefer? It had to be a pretty cool figure so it would sell out.

A 3 pack would be awesome

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I still don't understand why every vehicle has to come with a figure now.

The Roton would sell just fine on its own... put the Skelcons in an army-building 2-Pack!!!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I like the idea of including Anti-He-Man with Roton and switching the skelcon to a different release
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I strongly feel it should & believe many others would agree. A lot if fans would like more than one figure.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

Well of course it deserves to be. I am of the belief that this was the only way to price something like the Skelcon in. Should that be the case I have no problem with how this is packaged as I want both anyway. Sure, I'd love 2 Skelcons (and I have high hopes of purchasing a second via MOTUCMarketplace or ebay due to Roton purchasers not wanting a Skelcon.) but I do not have to have 2

Frankly it seems like more people are intending to purchase a Roton than want Skelcon so really the secondary market should be pretty decent. We shall see. I feel like when people who get the Roton play with/see that figure in person they may want it after all.

If they did not have to do this but wanted to just to get the Skelcon out faster (and for certain) then I am also not upset by this.

Basically I want one any way they can swing it. I'd rather this than nothing.

I could see it released as a 2 pack "Later" the same way we are getting Single Packed Horde Troopers now.

Ultimately I think my needs will get covered by roton buyers & non skelcon likers. For people who truely want to army build, my condolences to them.

Heroic Warrior
    They said if the horde troopers do well they will make these in a single pack.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    They said if the horde troopers do well they will make these in a single pack.
    Cool! I wouldn't mind both of the Snake Men troop builders in their own single pack as well.

But yeah both the Roton and Skelcon would sell well by themselves. Neither needs the other to do well.