12 15.79%
  • D-List

2 2.63%
  • Z-List

3 3.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Rank Mekaneck's Importance

Rank Mekaneck's Importance

Up next is the walking periscope, Mekaneck.

This is a multiple choice poll with 2 categories to vote in. The first category is whether or not you would buy a variant of this character. The second category is the overall importance you feel this character brings to the franchise.

Variant worthy?

Variant Worthy: This is a character that you believe is variant worthy. You're willing to purchase different variants of this character even if your favorite version is the first one released. Matty can certainly put them in MOTUC's quarterly variant slot for you.

Not Variant Worthy: You don't feel this character needs any variants whatsoever. You only hope that when they make this character that they get them right the first time around. You do not want to be taken for the ass.

Importance

A-List: Integral to the story and the franchise. MOTU isn't MOTU without them. This is a core character that is extremely important to you. If Mattel doesn't make them, someone will have some serious explaining to do!

B-List: They might not be integral to the story in your eyes but this is an excellent supportive character that helps to round out the story, franchise and your collection.

C-List: You feel this is a good guest star type of character. You don't expect to see them hanging around the supportive crew all the time but you still want to see them show up to lend a helping hand now and then.

D-List: Fills the role of background character and cameo maker for you. You acknowledge their existence but in a very limited way. This is an "okay" character.

Z-List: You'd rather forget about this character entirely. Should they never be mentioned again in MOTU-lore, you would be quite happy. This character would kill teh lien for you.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    We need a Snake Meckanek for the 4th variant!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'd say he's B-list and not variant worthy...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I'd say he's B-list and not variant worthy...
    I have to agree with the evil one for once. I could see a 200X variant of Mekaneck released with green goggles, brown fur and boots, gloves and a "body armor" costume ala Snake MAA, but it's not big on my priorities. As for his role, Mekaneck might have had a bigger role in MYP, but he's never been much of a major character. He definitely fills out the main group like Man-E-Faces and Ram Man do, but he's not integral like He-Man, MAA and Teela are.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Well although I consider him B-List, BUT WAIT! I don't see him as B-list in a bad way (so chill Meck' fans'!) I can see him a B+ if that helps. I see him as a Master of Reconnaissance and a variant could be cool; something like a Stealth Meck' since as a recon expert he could go covert on missions. And if they ever were to incorporate Point Dread I would (in a canon of sorts) make him the Guardian of Point Dread as he monitors evil activity across the lands of Eternia to alert He-man of growing danger!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I think of Mekaneck as important to the main, core Defenders of Eternia (Masters, whatever name you want to call them). He is right on the edge of being an A-Lister to me. He's sort of like a B+-Lister, so close to an A-Lister that I just gave him the points. LOL.

To me, he rounds out the top-ten Heroes of MOTU:
    1. He-Man
    2. Man-At-Arms
    3. Teela
    4. The Sorceress
    5. Battle Cat
    6. Stratos
    7. Ram Man
    8. Fisto
    9. Man-E-Faces
    10. Mekaneck

So, yeah, he's important. The only variant I'd want is a Snakeman variant done up just like SMAA. Tech'd-out with various "cyber parts"/armor and with a new Headsculpt and Neck Piece. So that you could basically make a 200X version of Mekaneck if you wanted, or just have a Snakeman variant.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    b-list because he seemed to be in the background most of the time.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

pre 200x I may have said B list. But since he is a all way.

I always liked him alot, always was a personal favourite. Filmation never made him register for me, so it was only the adventures he & I would have together that put him in my memory.

So I feel confident that he is a top tier character.

That being said, though I rank him A list, I could deal with him not being in the forefront. In a classic type He-Man story, really Man At Arms & Teela are the only manditory, though I would perhaps nod at the King & Queen getting at least a nod. I'm forgetting Sorceress, but of course she should be there, but she never gets to go, so she's incedental.

This all being said, technically the only badguys I see as "Manditory" are Skeletor, Evil Lyn, & Beastman.

I realize this list is probably due to the fact that these three were the only ones to make the movie really, and are common no matter what.

Meh, moving on...

B-List and not variant worthy.

I say he's B-List, but is definitely variant worthy. I think he deserves the snake treatment along with Man-at-Arms and Teela. I also think he deserves his 200X variant - Serpent Track Mekaneck.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Oh crap! I meant Variant Worthy! I want a Snake Mekaneck!!!

B List.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I said he's an A lister....he's one of the main masters and I always liked him as a kid. He was always in my battles. However i said NOT varient worthy.
    200x would be a simple repaint and we don't need any more Snake masters...we need the real Snake people.

B-list and not variant worthy. I never even noticed he was even on the Filmation show. At least MYP gave him prominence. I wonder if his bio will explain about his neck.

Mattel seems to think Mek is worth variants as he had 2 in 200X (Snake & Reverse colors).
    Personally I see Mek as a 3rd tier character (but not by the definitions here), he was on a couple times in Filmation, barely in the Mini-Comics, but came to some prominence in the MYP toon due to Masters being more of a team. I never had Mek as a kid as I believe he as only available for a year & was one of the few MOTU items my brothers & I missed out on. (Loved those silver boots!) That being said, I very much liked his characterization in MYP (although he seemed younger than most of his counterparts yet was still seen in the Captain Randor days.) I liked how he thought his powers were kind of lame, & I would expect that only to be magnified once Extendar shows up. I do not feel that a variant of him is needed, but would gladly except one of the 2 200X variants in Classics if this were to happen.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

He's one of my favorites, but I have to say....

B lister, and honestly, I can't think of a variant for him, and I certainly don't want to see a 200X version of him, especially another snake version of someone.

I want to see Rattlor & Tung Lashor....bring on the real friggin snakes.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    Tought one. I did vote A - List, but also "not variant worthy". I know that seems kind of contradictive, but there is only so much you can do with him, simple weapons pack armors would suffice to make some 200x versions, though I could see them doing a "Snake Mekaneck" with the 200x techno look like they did Man-At-Arms....

Mechaneck is my favorite character and to me, he's A list. A variant? I don't like the fact that they turned him snake, I would do more like a black ops version, maybe a target reticle over one eye and an eternian sniper rifle. Kinda like what they did with Percepter in the IDW Transfomers books.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

He's a B lister as far as story goes. I am not big on variants in the first place so voted against variant worthy.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    He's a B lister as far as story goes. I am not big on variants in the first place so voted against variant worthy.
    I'm not a fan of variants either....thus another reason for me saying no to them.