Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who was your first MOTU Classics figure?

Who was your first MOTU Classics figure?

I just recently saw a post of someone posting a picture of their first MOTU Classics figure, and It got me thinking. So I decided to post this thread as a sort of trip down memory lane. I am fairly new to the game. I have only been collecting classics since October of 2015, but I have nearly 90 figures already. My first purchase was a loose PLUNDOR. I eventually sold him because I wanted all MOC figures. So my first real collectors purchase was SLUSH HEAD.

I guess you saw my post of She-Ra
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

He-Man and Beast Man for me. Missed out on the original King Grayskull, but been picking them up monthly since the beginning.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Yep! It only takes one to get hooked. I collected the Vintage figures and the 200x figures. I always told myself that I didn't want to get involved in the classics line...... Well, you see how that worked out.

yep got my first figure and now I'm hooked.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Bronze King Grayskull was my first, and I've never missed one since!
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Lizorr, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I got the original King Grayskull the Summer of 2008....
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

He-Man/Beastman for me. Still remember how much they cost at the time - AU$48 per figure.

I miss the GFC days when the Australian economy was doing ok and all others weren't. :P We got down to like AU$26 per figure at one point. It was great.

Now they're all in the $50-$60 range.

Heroic Warrior
    Hordak in June 2009. Always my favorite MOTU character, and after getting him I started collecting them all. Have a complete loose collection save the original King Grayskull and Anti-Eternia He-Man.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    He-Man when he was initially released was my first purchase and I've been here ever since...much to the chagrin of He-Man.org.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Skeletor... then I saw Trap Jaw and Mer Man... and then I tought: wow that alternate Skelly head with the Faceless one, would be great... (well played Mattel...) - and now I have about 150 figures... oh man... but what a great time. I do love all of them.

SDCC King Grayskull! But He Man and Beastman were the most memorable because then I thought that this was becoming an actual toyline and not just some convention exclusive.

I received both regular King Grayskull and Bronze King Grayskull at the same time after ordering them from Matty post SDCC '08.

MAN-AT-ARMS was my first, if memory serves correct.

However, I remember totally loving the HE-MAN prototype that was shown at SDCC ( I think ) long before the line even existed. I remember thinking "Wow! I would love a MOTU line that looked like that!"
    Odd Man Out

King Grayskull for me! I've been all in since day one!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    He-Man when he was initially released was my first purchase and I've been here ever since...much to the chagrin of He-Man.org.
    Aww, we love you
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

He-Man and Beast man (went to eBay for original King Grayskull) and haven't missed one since!
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    I received Mer-Man as a gift (damn you, your trap had worked very well !!) and then bought Webstor from Matty as my first figure.

He-Man, December 2008.

- Joni -

The figure that pushed me to get the line was Octavia. I knew of the line but hadn't paid it much attention until January and I noticed how great the figures looked. In February I got Octavia & Adora at the same time as part of a deal.

I posted one shot of the Octavia figure in my intro thread, but I took two -

I keep trying to take some pictures of the grouping now as I've been adding figures, but haven't been happy with the results enough to post yet.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Aww, we love you
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Mine was Moss Man after I discovered the line through a friends collection. I snagged one, then shortly after I bought one of those Matty $50 'mystery boxes' which was a healthy introduction into the line. I love it, although my wallet, not so much. Getting into this line has opened many doors of rediscovery for me. I've loved every minute of it!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    I got Skeletor, Catra and Man-at-Arms, all three at the same time. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    He-Man and Beast Man for me. Missed out on the original King Grayskull, but been picking them up monthly since the beginning.
    Same story for me . Missed a few like I the POP sub , here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender Rodríguez View Post
    I got Skeletor, Catra and Man-at-Arms, all three at the same time. The rest is history.
    So was Man-at-Arms - he was outnumbered!

Mer-Man from the TRU pack.