Page 6 of 186 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

While I loved the 200x figures, the 200x Grayskull was my single greates disapointment of the entre line (aside from getting canceled WAY too early)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The MYP Castle is Castle Grayskull as well. NOPE. It is a derivative of Castle Grayskull. The best it could ever hope to be is a "re-imagining" of an original.

I'm certain the 200X Castle has it's fans.

As far as CG's go, 200X's Castle is probably the best one to use (over the too small 80's Grayskull and the cardboard CG that King Grayskull came in), seeing how many fans are using it in the photo thread.
    The clear choice is a newer design based on a hyrbid of CLASSIC influence hence the name of the line. The Amaro castle is the closest yet, and as you yourself said, the 4H should look to that one for inspiration.
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

good rainbow castle grayskull is by far the best one!!

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/v...aySkull/x1.jpg
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    The Vintage Boxart Castle is the one!!!
    Vintage and 200x are just cheap looking.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    While I loved the 200x figures, the 200x Grayskull was my single greates disapointment of the entre line (aside from getting canceled WAY too early)
    very strong opinion. but i have to say i agree. the cartoon was a great update to a classic, but in my mind they only messed up a few things. but those things were SO much part of the original, it annoyed me most of all.....

the castle. i know that the filmation on was just the same pick, over and over again.... the transformation scene....

but this picture is the flatest looking drawing I have ever seen in my life. at least the 80's cartoon pans of the castle had some DEPTH to them. it just looked so quickly done (drawn) and NEVER sat well with me, which i think is the roots of why i dont like it near as much as the original... that picture that someone posted above of it (200x) looks like a backdrop some kid could stand in front of to take a school picture.....

i also dont care at all for the incorporation of the 200x logo on the castle, (probably cause i hate that logo!) lol......

i thought the construction of the toy was good though. had some classic elements. the shape of the skull bothered me....

other 200x stuff would be the sword, sorceress, and battlecats mask... but those are different topics, and personal opinions!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    The clear choice is a newer design based on a hyrbid of CLASSIC influence hence the name of the line. The Amaro castle is the closest yet, and as you yourself said, the 4H should look to that one for inspiration.

Indeed.

I've got both Castles. I've never opened the 200X version. Although it DID have some good ideas like a right side wall, actual prison bars and the Battle Station that can attach to the castle, it didn't have the same cool features as the original Grayskull...no throne room, no dungeon beasts (it was a sticker, but it added so much malice to the dungeon).

The point I was trying to make was that to some fans, they like the 200X Castle better and think it improved upon the original castle.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I love the 200X line.
    I do NOT love the 200X Castle though.

I like some of the features in it. But overall, it's NOT Castle Grayskull to me.

Didn't really like it in the toon either, it was way too simplistic for my tastes.

Mark Taylor/ Alfredo Alcala Castle Grayskull for the win IMO!

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I use the 200x castle for space reasons. I don't have a ton of room for my Classics display, and that castle is narrow enough to be able to sit on the platform and still have room for the figures.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    200x would be the best but a bit bigger

To tell you the truth I`m content with my cardboard Castle Grayskull, until they do something else for MOTUC this is what I`ll be using. Been using it for over a year already

i like these various exotic castle grayskulls that are not from mattel. can you tell me more about them?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Indeed.

I've got both Castles. I've never opened the 200X version. Although it DID have some good ideas like a right side wall, actual prison bars and the Battle Station that can attach to the castle, it didn't have the same cool features as the original Grayskull...no throne room, no dungeon beasts (it was a sticker, but it added so much malice to the dungeon).

The point I was trying to make was that to some fans, they like the 200X Castle better and think it improved upon the original castle.
    You should at least open and try out the 200X versions features before deciding that the vintage one is better. The electronic lights & sounds do add a lot to it's appeal, especially the Filmation laser gun noises.

And I also like that you can actually lock figures inside the newer playsets dungeon. The sticker on the old one was useless and a disappointment for me.
    I do prefer the original, but the 200X castle is still pretty cool.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i just realized by the comparison above.

80s castle: skull face "indifferent" mysterious.

200x castle: skull face "mad s.o.b." evil more or less looking..

confirms my dislike...

If you were to decide what Castle Grayskull was going to be like...

I've come down with a really bad case of Grayskullstinens... I get annoyed every time I see my KingGrayskull box, which is the only Grayskull we've got for this line.

I'd really like an in scale model, not a toy. Not just the front, or half a castle. The full 360! I know we won't get anything Filmation-y, but I'd like this thread to be more about what you'd wish for The classic playset is... well, the classic, but you don't really get the right... feeling with it, as the filmation version of the castle had (for me). Someone here called it "the spirit of grayskull", very fitting for the "it-feeling".

I've never much cared for the 200x version. Haven't really seen the toy irl, but both the toy and cartoon version seemed to be too sterile. The scale of it was cool, but it lacked something. The interior of the filmation castle was also a lot more imaginative imho.

I was thinking of how I'd want the ultimate castle model, or playset if you wish, to be like... Did some quick sketches for you. As you guys already have pointed out in some other threads, it would have to be really big, I've measured this one to be 81 cm tall O_o... otherwise you wouldn't get the right scale.

Still thinking about what the interior should be like, there aren't that many good reference pics, and I'm not really sure what locations you'd want to be in a model like this... Any suggestions? What would you get with your dream-Grayskull?

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I like your ideas Ferio. But personally, I don't need it to open. I never display the inside of my 200x or classic Grayskull. What WOULD be awesome, though, are diorama pieces the create the Sorceress' throne room.

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Lordy!!!

That is absolutley Awesome!!!

I think it's perfect!!

Great job buddy!!!!
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

That`s an awsome design!! I think this will be a action figure/beast only line for now. A Castle Grayskull would be nice but expensive to tool. It would be cool to see a 360 degree version like the one above made in scale

The only thing I don't like is the helmet. I know the classic playset had it, but I've never liked it. Otherwise, I love that design.

I love your idea of the castle being a model rather than a toy. I would like something huge, heavy, and well painted, along the lines of the NECA deluxe statues.

FUNNY!! I was thinking about this very idea this morning.

I am so glad you drew it out. It's an excellent idea. Your design is basically what I would want.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Ferio, those are amazingly nifty drawrings! (Yes, "drawring", ala Captain Jack Sparrow... )

I would love that. I do like the look depicted on Scareglow's reliquary, of course, and I think this idea could be married to that quite well.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Only 1 word can describe that concept.

Awesome!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Beautiful! That is all I can say about you design. That would almost exactly what I would want, but I would really love if they could incorporate the Sorceress' throne.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    You did an awesome job with those designs!!! I'd definitely buy one of those

That is one heck of a design you got there dude... Absolutely gorgeous!
    And I'm a big fan for the helmet piece myself, it gives the castle a very medievally/fantasy look.
    The 200X toy version was totally boring, I have it and it pales in comparison to the original 80's version, and yours however kills them both!

Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    dose it need to open to have an inside. it can just be a display. would be good to allow your figures to be on top of the castle though. if it dose open have just the throne room. & yes large scale so the motuc figures look right next to or in the castle.