Page 58 of 183 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4572

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, I just did a "mock order". International shipping to the UK is just under $200. Added together it would be about $450, which would be about £280. I really have to think about this. I suspect that a lot of international costumers are going to pass on this one, which is a shame, because everyone is needed to make sure the pre-order goes through. Mattel could have problems here.
    I just did the same for two Castles. Shipping to Germany for two is $363.95, a real bargain if shipping for one Caslte is $200...

Well as I ordered only one, the total I will have to pay is $448.75
    Now add to this the customs charge and you end up with $448.75 + $85.26 = $534.01 or €410.77
    Awesome sticker included!

Technically, I can afford the $450. But it’s the principle more than anything. I've never paid that much for a single piece before. I'll probably need to take three baths a day for a whole month if I buy one.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    36 versus 280?
    They are completely crazy!
    You'll never reach the minumum, just for your greed!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Snappy Threader
    Too bad they don't have real-time thermometer updating.....

I wanted to preorder the castle, but the shipping costs to Germany are not reasonable. It's like I buy 1 castle for the price of 2.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    36 versus 280?
    They are completely crazy!
    You'll never reach the minumum, just for your greed!
    Wow...this line is going to completely shut out international fans. $200 on shipping?!! Ouch!
    I'd love to see how TG is going to try to appeal to those fans.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Court Magician
    It doesn't let me do the pre-order, It says "Card Validation Failure" does is anybody else having this problem?
    I've used this card many times buying from mattel and never had any problem before.

Quote Originally Posted by legodrew View Post
    It doesn't let me do the pre-order, It says "Card Validation Failure" does is anybody else having this problem?
    I've used this card many times buying from mattel and never had any problem before.
    Yeah same here,see my previous post and this is the same card that i used for the sub.

p.s. anybody have a Grayskull orb they are willing to sell,i had original Grayskull figure so didn't get the re-issue and don't really want to spend upwards £30 just for the orb.

It really is ridiculous. You're almost buying one Castle for the price of two! Listen, I knew the shipping would be ghastly. This thing is huge, going by the measurements. But I did not expect $200 to ship to the UK. I don't think there's a word in the dictionary for that. I really hope the pre-order goes through, but as Scott himself said at the Powercon panel, international fans are needed to ensure it does. I think there's a reasonable chance it may not go through. I'm utterly on the fence, leaning towards not buying. How many other international fans are there like me?

Heroic Master Of Bad Luck
    Ha-ha-ha. $212 international Shipping, and $417 via UPS!! Ha-ha-ha. It NEVER gonna happen. There is NO WAY the shipping costs is that much. This guys are incredibles.... I'd rather throw my money down the sewer than give it to them.
    We are ka-tet. We are one from many

Don't hesitate in make deals with: JeMaBo2, air23cnhit.

It really is ridiculous. You're almost buying one Castle for the price of two! Listen, I knew the shipping would be ghastly. This thing is huge, going by the measurements. But I did not expect $200 to ship to the UK. I don't think there's a word in the dictionary for that. I really hope the pre-order goes through, but as Scott himself said at the Powercon panel, international fans are needed to ensure it does. I think there's a reasonable chance it may not go through. I'm utterly on the fence, leaning towards not buying. How many other international fans are there like me?
    Can you guys do group orders of 10 to reduce shipping? Does ordering more knock the shipping cost down per unit down?
    Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Like many other international fans I was not expecting that price! That's just insane money. Count me out.

I'm with you when i seen the shipping charge i really baulked at it and did reconsider for a couple of minutes,this is just ridiculous and there's probably gonna be more international fans walk away than buy.And depending on weight customs could slap another £50-£60 on top.

Maybe it's a good thing they won't accept my card.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Can you guys do group orders of 10 to reduce shipping? Does ordering more knock the shipping cost down per unit down?
    No good with that weight,Uk customs would slap a heavy price on top,looks like this is one pre-order thats not gonna happen.

And not just for the UK look at the posts from Germany and the rest of europe,S.America,they are all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow...this line is going to completely shut out international fans. $200 on shipping?!! Ouch!
    I'd love to see how TG is going to try to appeal to those fans.
    ah ah, easy!
    He'll just throw out the 'it's just like ordering toys from Japan' bullsh!t..
    Pity I buy from japan all the time and never had those kind of surprises.

Oh, and those rates are out of the market, BTW!

Court Magician
    funny, international shipping to the netherlands is 212,30. i ques thats without tracking. shipping with ups with tracking is 198,75. im confused.

Hmmm... well, things do go up considerably shipping-wise when things get over-sized internationally. I expected the shipping would be huge. But I really didn't think it'd be THAT much.

I am a known Matty apologist but those shipping rates are insane, no way it should be $200 in shipping.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Snappy Threader
    They are probably estimating high to be sure customer's costs are covered and they won't have to charge more. Delivery in December of 2013...a lot of delivery rates can go up in a year +.

Oh my god so it will cost me double to have a Castle Grayskull!!!!! Over $400!!!!! I don't think so. I was on the fence about even getting one but probably wouldn't have been able to resist but now there is no way.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I am a known Matty apologist but those shipping rates are insane, no way it should be $200 in shipping.
    Yeah, BBTS are selling the forthcoming Fortress Maximus reissue for $330, and the cost of shipping that to the UK is only $106. Mattel are just being greedy here, plain and simple.

so can anyone go into detail as to [how/when/IF] they got a charge showing up on there account when ordering Grayskull?

I ask as Toy Guru stated it would be a $0 charge to simply check the card. Is this what is happening? Or is it just like the sub, preorder, full amount, then they keep the shipping an rest gets refunded back/drops off charage?

Quote Originally Posted by tsubasamaxi View Post
    I'd rather throw my money down the sewer than give it to them.
    lol! What a quote!

The costs are insane. Why is UPS listed as an option, rather than DHL? Maybe these shipping costs are temporary, and will change...?

No way I can pay $200 to ship to the UK, gunna have to pass on this
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I thought about it.... with all the problems Ive been having with their customer service on the little things they cant fix, I can imagine the stress I would have for trying to sort out a issue with this item *IE: Bad paint, broken parts, missing items.......... not worth the time.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Widget
    Does anyone know roughly how much UK customs, exise and VAT will add to this? I mean in could be another £100 or more.