Page 107 of 183 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 4571

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

  1. #2651
    Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,864
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I'm not ordering one til I see some Golden Books influence.
    Yeah, and I'm not ordering one until I see one that takes influence from a random artist's drawing I found in the images section on Google! If Mattel cared, they would take notice of this random artist's unique flourishes on Castle Grayskull! Consider me disgusted.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

  2. #2652
    toohunky.com issarged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    toohunky.com
    Posts
    1,444
    Perhaps some inspiration for the Four Horsemen...

    In the 80s when the line first came out (before I got Castle Grayskull) I found some old snap together model sets at a discount store that I use to use with my He-Man and Teela figures. They were called MONSTER SCENES. Apparently in 2008 Moebius reissued them. I got them for myself this Christmas. They really feel like the first storybook mini comics and remind me a lot of the original Castle. They are quite awesome: Hope you like!

    IMG_0441.jpg

    IMG_0447.jpg

    IMG_0449.jpg

    More pictures can be found here:
    http://bohunkca.blogspot.com/2012/12...er-scenes.html

  3. #2653
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,855
    Those are way cool! Especially the table. How big are they? Big enough for MOTUC?

  4. #2654
    toohunky.com issarged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    toohunky.com
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Those are way cool! Especially the table. How big are they? Big enough for MOTUC?
    It doesn't look too bad but maybe a little small for MOTUC.

    hmms.jpg

  5. #2655
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA NOLA
    Posts
    657
    Ha cool, that cage looks great i like the sword in the fire pit ,
    just got my vycron yesterday , you need to push his helmet down harder it's sitting to high

  6. #2656
    toohunky.com issarged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    toohunky.com
    Posts
    1,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Ha cool, that cage looks great i like the sword in the fire pit ,
    just got my vycron yesterday , you need to push his helmet down harder it's sitting too high
    Unfortunately that is as low as I can make it fit... However, I am really liking this new outfit with the sets much better.

    hmms.jpg

  7. #2657
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by issarged View Post
    Perhaps some inspiration for the Four Horsemen...

    In the 80s when the line first came out (before I got Castle Grayskull) I found some old snap together model sets at a discount store that I use to use with my He-Man and Teela figures. They were called MONSTER SCENES. Apparently in 2008 Moebius reissued them. I got them for myself this Christmas. They really feel like the first storybook mini comics and remind me a lot of the original Castle. They are quite awesome: Hope you like!

    IMG_0441.jpg

    IMG_0447.jpg

    IMG_0449.jpg

    More pictures can be found here:
    http://bohunkca.blogspot.com/2012/12...er-scenes.html
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking into these.

  8. #2658
    Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Planet Eronia
    Posts
    17,995
    I dunno if there's going to be ANY Filmation inspiration on this Castle Grayskull at all, but I do want to make a few suggestions. I'm cool with the outside of the Castle lookin like the old toy, box art, whatever. Castle Grayskull is Castle Grayskull. BUT, there are a couple things I'd LOVE to see the Four Horsemen sculpt inside there from the Filmation cartoon. The things that came to life inside there, the architecture, stuff like that always fascinated me as a young kid and even as an older kid who watched the series with a very open mind and also thru very dilated pupils.


    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

  9. #2659
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Svalbard
    Posts
    483
    Those are amazing images!

  10. #2660
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I dunno if there's going to be ANY Filmation inspiration on this Castle Grayskull at all, but I do want to make a few suggestions. I'm cool with the outside of the Castle lookin like the old toy, box art, whatever. Castle Grayskull is Castle Grayskull. BUT, there are a couple things I'd LOVE to see the Four Horsemen sculpt inside there from the Filmation cartoon. The things that came to life inside there, the architecture, stuff like that always fascinated me as a young kid and even as an older kid who watched the series with a very open mind and also thru very dilated pupils.

    http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...ps72402fe1.png
    http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...fGrayskull.jpg
    Yeah, that face is all kinds of awesome!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  11. #2661
    Heroic Warrior GFunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hatboro, PA
    Posts
    290

    Castle Graykull Pre-order

    So has everyone from this site pre-ordered their castles from Matty? I was super late to the party and have been trying to find one i can order for ever. I'm assuming that i mightbe the only sucker who wound up JUST LAST NIGHT pre-ordering theirs from BigbadToys for $369.99 ... i know you all got yours for $250 but whoever wants one and didnt get one, you can get them now there. If i could have got in at $250, i might have snagged two but at the pice i did get it, i cant afford to double up.

    Does everyone belong to club Eternia? i also mssed out on signing up for that as well. Anyone not want there subscription and want to part with it?
    New Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage and Classics

    My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

  12. #2662
    Heroic Warrior Kowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    So has everyone from this site pre-ordered their castles from Matty? I was super late to the party and have been trying to find one i can order for ever. I'm assuming that i mightbe the only sucker who wound up JUST LAST NIGHT pre-ordering theirs from BigbadToys for $369.99 ... i know you all got yours for $250 but whoever wants one and didnt get one, you can get them now there. If i could have got in at $250, i might have snagged two but at the pice i did get it, i cant afford to double up.

    Does everyone belong to club Eternia? i also mssed out on signing up for that as well. Anyone not want there subscription and want to part with it?
    Scott (Toyguru), the brand manager said that they might re-open the pre-orders during NYTF once they show the early prototype model. The event is Feb 10-13, if Mattel doesn't reopen the pre-order, your only choices will be attempting to buy "day-of" this December or find one on the secondary market.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

  13. #2663
    Heroic Warrior Mern-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    Does everyone belong to club Eternia? i also mssed out on signing up for that as well. Anyone not want there subscription and want to part with it?
    The subscription sales weren't doing as well as they had in the past, and we were told the sub might not happen this year, so some fans rallied and bought more than they had originally planned to make sure the sub DID happen, but no one stepped up like yodafreakmaster who bought over 30 subscriptions!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

    Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

    The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

  14. #2664
    Harry-Man ajdawgfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Uk/US
    Posts
    25
    I need one too, I was in the middle of a move and haven't been able to keep up with the latest matty news. I'm in the military and moved back home from over seas, toy guru please help me out I've bought the subscription for the last 3 years and will continue to support the line. I need one of these. I don't agree with everything that's been happening with the line but I continue to support the MOTUC as long as there's one to support.

  15. #2665
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    So has everyone from this site pre-ordered their castles from Matty? I was super late to the party and have been trying to find one i can order for ever. I'm assuming that i mightbe the only sucker who wound up JUST LAST NIGHT pre-ordering theirs from BigbadToys for $369.99 ... i know you all got yours for $250 but whoever wants one and didnt get one, you can get them now there. If i could have got in at $250, i might have snagged two but at the pice i did get it, i cant afford to double up.

    Does everyone belong to club Eternia? i also mssed out on signing up for that as well. Anyone not want there subscription and want to part with it?
    I had to go through BBTS....only because if I can't get the money, I can cancel....I can't have Matty try to charge me $300 and it not be there for them....that is the only reason I didn't go through Matty.

    And as far as the sub goes, I am this year first timer....but last year I bought DOS with a lot of collectors, it seems easier to have the sub, but there are pluses and minuses to it as well....but no, you don't have to have a sub to buy MOTUC, but sad thing is, this year some figures may not last long on DOS, like Ram Man (even in 2012, he would have not lasted long)....but for others, it is actually yet to be seen.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  16. #2666
    Heroic Warrior kup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    808
    I don't have faith in Scott/Mattel to entrust them with a total cost of $400 for something that hasn't been made yet. It's not as if they have a good record for quality High End figure where I can be sure to get my money's worth.

  17. #2667
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    296
    I missed out on the Castle Grayskull Preorder myself. I wasn't thinking about what the potential shipping cost might be for something that big and realized too late I should have locked it in at the cheaper $250 price point. I'm kind of hoping Toyguru brings the preorder back for the NYTF.

  18. #2668
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,165
    Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    So has everyone from this site pre-ordered their castles from Matty? I was super late to the party and have been trying to find one i can order for ever. I'm assuming that i mightbe the only sucker who wound up JUST LAST NIGHT pre-ordering theirs from BigbadToys for $369.99 ... i know you all got yours for $250 but whoever wants one and didnt get one, you can get them now there. If i could have got in at $250, i might have snagged two but at the pice i did get it, i cant afford to double up.

    Does everyone belong to club Eternia? i also mssed out on signing up for that as well. Anyone not want there subscription and want to part with it?
    Last I saw, even Big Bad has apparently sold out of what they pre-ordered. If they show the prototype at Toy Fair, there should still be enough time to open the pre-orders again before it goes into production.

    It says something when the thing sells out even from the secondary sellers before anyone has even seen the initial prototype for it. Apparently a lot of folks' faith in the Horsemen outweighs their trepidation about Mattel and DR.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  19. #2669
    Heroic Warrior Mern-Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    The subscription sales weren't doing as well as they had in the past, and we were told the sub might not happen this year, so some fans rallied and bought more than they had originally planned to make sure the sub DID happen, but no one stepped up like yodafreakmaster who bought over 30 subscriptions!
    Didn't I put a link here to help out the new guy?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

    Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

    The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

  20. #2670
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,518

    Mattycollector: Teaser Close-Up Of Castle Grayskull

    "Here's a close-up look at the sculpt for Castle Grayskull! We'll post a new one each day until the big reveal at NYTF on Sunday!"



    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  21. #2671
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    829
    Ahhhh! Don't know if I can wait until Sunday!!

  22. #2672
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,661
    can't wait until sunday
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  23. #2673
    Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,864
    I guess it won't be painted?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

  24. #2674
    Lord Of the Dance Gojira101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    272
    Mattel regretted to tell us that in order to cut cost Castle Grayskull is now a DIY piece.
    Sell me your Unnamed One, keep Son of He-Man going I need a Dare/Hero II now.

  25. #2675
    Heroic Warrior Mad Scientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    459
    The good side is that there would be no black plastic...only white plastic!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •