Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTyler View Post
    Lordy!!!

That is absolutley Awesome!!!

I think it's perfect!!

Great job buddy!!!!

Dito

Heroic Warrior
    This is awesome! I whish it could be produced...

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Just WOW!!!
    Personally i would prefer a Grayskull in BOXART style but this is a really nice Flmation style Concept!

I would pay top dollar for that...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Just make it BIG and I'm on board. Bring it on.

lol @ these being "quick sketches". These look pretty good.

I could go for either a Filmation style Grayskull or the toy version.

Very cool!!! I will buy if Mattel release in a future a model like this!

Very nice sketches. I like the idea, but a 360 castle in scale would be too big. In your sketches the back of the castle is cropped, good idea, but I´d prefer a nice front and additional diorama´s from other locations of the castle.
    I would like a to own a house where a 360 in full scale (no cropped areas) castle would be an awesome display .

Awesome design planning and work there, but WAY too Filmation for me.

I wouldn't buy that Castle Grayskull.

I'd love to see a full size version of what's on top of Scareglow's accessory.
    It's very Mark Taylor/Alfredo Alcala-ish.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Huge design dude, I love the back piece
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Im happy with my combination of 80s and 2003 Greyskull to display my MOTUC in front of but im sure if a new one was made id deff get it!

now I LOVE both my Castle Grayskull sets but that is one hell of a design

well done sir

WOW that design is pretty cool but really for me it wouldn't matter. I just to own a Castle Grayskull.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Co-Creator of the NV
    In a word, HUGE!

Something that is too big to do in one shot and you have to buy parts of to build up. I totally understad why that is probably impractical (for one I have no idea where anyone would find room to put it), but I just think that'd it be really cool to have a big CG in the spirit of the USS Flagg (in terms of bulkiness) from the old GI Joe line.

Quite simply put...I believe that I speak for (hopefully) everyone when I say that WE WANT CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!

Obviously, MOTUC is a success and we NEED Castle Grayskull.

I realize that to produce this would be pricy, but, we all want one, right?

Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I'm more into figures than expensive playsets & vehicles myself.

i have the 200x Castle which i haven't opened since there's no room to display it. my original castle has been in my attic for years....

Cool concept, but I'd probably pass on any playsets, unless I could get it at my local Wal-mart for $50 or less. i'm not into big expensive pieces that ultimately just wind up collecting dust, or end up in the attic. At one time i would have been, but not so much anymore. i can't imagine what CG would cost, given the figures are $20. Way above my price range, i'm thinking.

just give me figures & beasts, & I'm happy.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

My jaw just dropped and hit the floor after seeing your sketch. Looks freakin sick man!!

Since size would be the issue here if it were to be in scale with the classic line, I think Matty should make one where it can be interchangable from a playset to something where it can also be turned into a storage-like.

If built well with a good accurate size, accessories, and gimmicks I would not mind forking out $300- for a classic CG!
    Accept the unacceptable.

Heroic Warrior
    A very nice new castle design indeed. I'm hopeful for a Castle Greyskull, a Snake Mountain, and an Eternia b4 the line ends.

Heroic Warrior

If they Made a new Castle Grayskull How would you do it

I was thinking if I were in charge I would make it in several sections. (IE Front section, right section, left section. that way it would be bigger & people can choose how big their castle is. Also I would release accsesory packe to do castle upgrades with.

In all what would you do if it was up to you. Remember cost is a factor which is why I chose to break idon into sections. But what would you do.

Great topic, but remember to use the search feature; there are a few threads dedicated to this right now.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I sorry you're right I did'nt do a search first.

Post your SUPPORT for a MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL!

Ok, so I've searched the 17 threads about a Castle Grayskull in the MOTUC line, and most are to discuss "what design it should be based on" or "how much it should be," or "how it should be offered," or "should it be a playset or a diorama, or a combination of the two," yet none of them address the simple question I am asking with this thread:

Do you WANT a MOTUC Castle Grayskull?

Please answer this question with the assumption of TWO things:

1) Trust that the Four Horsemen will sculpt us a beautiful Castle Grayskull (which would likely be based on their already mini-CG sculpted for Scareglow's reliquary)

and

2) Mattel will offer it at a fair price.

Please ONLY POST SUPPORT HERE (if you want one under these two assumptions.)

**And if you DON'T want one, please DON'T POST.**
    (No offense to anyone who doesn't want one, it's just that this thread is meant to show support ONLY, to make it easier to gauge fan-demand by the number of posts to THIS thread–there are plenty of other threads to DISCUSS its potential design and other aspects, or to simply express your not wanting one...)

My answer is obviously: YES, I want one.
    Last edited by Neutro; March 15, 2010 at 03:05am.
    – No comment.

I SUPPORT THIS. And just watch those who don't post anyway, despite you asking them not to.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

HELL YES i WANT ONE! nuff said
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yes, I want one.

Since this will more than likely be very pricey, I think it would be awesome if the FourHorsemen could draw 3-4 different concept drawings of a Castle Grayskull and Mattel would let us vote on it.

This way the most people would be happy with it and more people would end up purchasing it.

Also, for example, if everyone likes drawing A the best but they don't like the cobblestone teeth (like King Grayskull's box) and want the teeth to be ONE piece, we could let them know before they even start sculpting.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah