Page 43 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Check out this photoshop of a middle ground Castle Grayskull design by the super tallented Alessandra. It's silimar to the vintage CG box art over all. However, it has almost all the details from Mark Taylor's prototype design, eyes and cheeks similar to the vintage box art. It has a nose and big chunky teeth silimar to the Filmation design and some what akin to the vintage toy box art teeth and nose. Personally I think this kind of hybred design gives something to all fans of Castle Grayskull rather than just honoring one look. The design needs to appeal to the widest range of fans to support the pre-order. I know this won't be to everyones liking, but as a happy medium (just like the vintage box) I think it's great and contains a number of the iconic elements that fans have absoloutely loved about Castle Grayskull over the years.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...hotos/ale3.jpg
    THIS! This is it! The PERFECT façade!
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

aren't we getting a 4-wall castle with the DVD Anniversary set?

I still wish they would base the front of the Castle off the Filmation version just like Icon Heroes did with the business card holder...

filmation_grayskull.jpg

This is the only way a MOTUC Grayskull would get me interested at $200 + expensive international shipping!

I also like this design too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post2314039

However I'd like the back and front be 2 seperate pieces that attach to 2 side walls. A detachable floor would also be cool too with foot holes (similiar to the figure stands or even incorporating the figure stands on the castle floor, so you can display figures battling inside the castle!) So long as the inside has a throne for the Sorceress to sit on (taking into account the drums on her back!) and a working jaw bridge, I don't mind if the playset is bare bones as far as accessories go. I say keep the budget on giving us the best Castle in regards to size and detail on the sculpt. You can easily add to the Castle with releases similiar to the weapons rack futher down the road...

and no stupid gimmicks such as the ridiculous lift from the vintage toy!
    Last edited by blackiecats; September 25, 2012 at 08:49am.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm not a fan of those low Filmation fangs.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm not a fan of those low Filmation fangs.
    Me neither. I don't understand why people say Mark Taylor / Alcala's CG looks goofy whilst they are praising the hell out of the Filmation version. Those lower teeth are terrible.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I have been really happy with all of Mattels attempts so far so I am sure Castle Greyskull will be exactly what we all were wanting it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Me neither. I don't understand why people say Mark Taylor / Alcala's CG looks goofy whilst they are praising the hell out of the Filmation version. Those lower teeth are terrible.
    Because some fans really like the symetrical and pronounced skull like features of the Filmation Castle Grayskull face. Those angry eyes and massive and imposing teeth were epic and gave many children a sense of wonder, Awe and a sense of the magic and Power that was inside the Castle. It's look is just as iconic as the design elements from the vintage toy and prototype...and arguably more well known that the Asymetrical look of the face on Mart Taylors prototype castle. That to me in all honsety looks like it's got gum disease and is a delapated crumbeling ruin, not something that would house the gratest power in the universe. Nothing like the immensly powerful and stern look we find in the face of Filmation Grayskull and the vintage toy box art!

If there is not enought Filmation influance in the castle design Mattel will turn many fans of the Pre-Order. At the end of the day the savage cannon fans will have a lovely B-Sheet design to fawn over but that will be it! The same rings true for Filmation fans and wanting a pure Filmation design, I imagine many savage cannon fans will more than likely not support the pre-order. Finding a middle ground that brings in lots of the iconic design emements of Castle Grayskull's over the years would surely be the best way to unite both groups of fans and will hopefully mean enough pre-orders are achieved in order for MOTUC Castle Grayskull to go into production?

Last edited by Angel-T; September 25, 2012 at 04:35pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Does anyone who attended the Con know if they said anything about the Minecraft Castle Grayskull they showed in the slide below?

(Well, I created that Grayskull and therefore I am quite happy at the moment!)

Heroic Warrior
    Which one is the minecraft one? Excuse my ignorance

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, got it saw it in the art thread , well done dude, looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Because some fans really like the symetrical and pronounced skull like features of the Filmation Castle Grayskull face. Those angry eyes and massive and imposing teeth were epic and gave many children a sense of wonder, Awe and a sense of the magic and Power that was inside the Castle. It's look is just as iconic as the design elements from the vintage toy and prototype...and arguably more well known that the Asymetrical look of the face on Mart Taylors prototype castle. That to me in all honsety looks like it's got gum disease and is a delapated crumbeling ruin, not something that would house the gratest power in the universe. Nothing like the immensly powerful and stern look we find in the face of Filmation Grayskull and the vintage toy box art!

If there is not enought Filmation influance in the castle design Mattel will turn many fans of the Pre-Order. At the end of the day the savage cannon fans will have a lovely B-Sheet design to fawn over but that will be it! The same rings true for Filmation fans and wanting a pure Filmation design, I imagine many savage cannon fans will more than likely not support the pre-order. Finding a middle ground that brings in lots of the iconic design emements of Castle Grayskull's over the years would surely be the best way to unite both groups of fans and will hopefully mean enough pre-orders are achieved in order for MOTUC Castle Grayskull to go into production?

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p.../castle_04.png
    http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...hotos/ale3.jpg
    The vintage characters of MOTUC all come from the vintage era boxart, as shown with the squinty-eyed Ram Man and black eyed Man-E-Faces. While some fans might not have liked those design elements, they accepted those figures and purchased them.

Castle Grayskull will most likely be the same, Filmation influence or not.

If anything, maybe we should be asking ourselves what the 4H can add to the interior of the Castle? Should the computer screen be blank or should it have an image? Should the mural of Hordak vs the Snake Men be placed somewhere? Wooden floors or stony floors?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Should the computer screen be blank or should it have an image?
    Yeah, they should be watching G1 Transformers on the computer screen.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I've never seen that manip before!
    It actually looks pretty awesome!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Eamon has made a few suggestions on the hybred design Alessandra and I came up with. He kindly worked them into the design.
    More blue in the color, battlements further back and larger teeth that come all the way to the floor. I love how his changes show that by making the turret at the top of grayskull removable it give fans a great display options, to either allow the castle to look closer the MT prototype of the Filmation Castle Grayskull! Best of both worlds. I personall prefer the design Alessandra and I worked on a bit more, but I love the bigger teeth on Eamon's photoshop.

Last edited by Angel-T; September 25, 2012 at 04:36pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

the best of Grayskull, I LIKE the mark taylor prototype but the fangs are way too small, the classic Grayskull was GREAT but we can do more details and sharper contrasts today. I maintain we keep the ledge and the top of the crown for sure, add mystery from the filmation and alcala drawings.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Yeah, I wouldn't buy that. I wouldn't say no to a small-scaled, icon heroes type, like the business card holder (have considered buying it), but at this size, and at this price point, I would not preorder CG if it had any of those weird filmation elements. Especially the teeth.
    Although I don't think it matters, if it gets made it will be sculpted the way they said it would be, in line with the rest of the toys from that era--art/toy.

Look at the cursed Grayskull reliquary that was chained to the Scare Glow figure from MotUC. That, scuplted by the Four Horsemen, could be a good incidator to how the 4H would do a Castle Grayskull.

http://he-man.org/collecting/toy.php?id=2905&image=6167
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    Who is writing your character again?
    S'up Cocoa! PM coming soon.

If you heard me at the panel, I did another Baena-girllie-squeal like I did for Alcala Skeletor head.

I'm 100% behind this, bring on the pre-order page!

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    EDIT: One more thing. I was looking at that round 'sticker' cardboard base that goes around the Mark Taylor Prototype.
    I think it would be AWESOME if the 4 horsemen made that into an actual 3D, sculpted base that's actually high. (maybe 6 or 8 inches high) and that would make the Castle look even more fearsome and ominous. That would make the Jawbridge 6 or 8 inches higher than the ground and allow awesome posing with the figures hanging from it, legs kicking in the air etc. :-)
    This would be AMAZING.
    Last edited by Baena; September 25, 2012 at 03:45pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

My word, I’m an idiot. All this time I’ve been thinking that the Grayskull they showed is actually the one the FH sculpted. I didn’t realise it was the prototype for the original toy. So, even though that one is good, the Classics one should be ten times better.

I wonder, is anyone getting Castle Grayskull for their VINTAGE toys? Aside from the throne being a little big and the laser cannon being too high, you'd have one hell of a castle! The trap door might work better too!

Heroic Warrior
    Put me down as more in favor of the Taylor prototype than Filmation. I wouldn't be opposed to some Filmationish elements being included, like maybe the flying buttress type things, but please, not those goofy-looking teeth.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I'm in favor of it being much like the original, only to scale. I'd love for it to have the moat sheet too, but don't think I could display the play mat, thing.

These days, I really come at things from a display standpoint. If it can't be displayed, and will only sit in a closet, then there's not much point. Now, this is one item that transcends that though, but still, I'd prefer to display it somehow.

It would be at a huge size just scaling it up. And the action features wouldn't make sense anyways. Plus the adult collector in me doesn't need play features. Some floors would be great, a thrown, some other stuff, maybe even packed with future figures.

Any larger and it gets overly cumbersome.

The space inside the castle is magical. The huge room where the sword rested with all the crystals wouldn't likely fit between the moat edges and still have structural support. Not that magic needs structural support. But still. I'm not looking for realism or size in this. At scale, it would be HUGE. And that'd more than enough to satisfy me. Four walls and needing a 30" deep shelf to display it would instead require closet space. That'ed be sad.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Snappy Threader
    I wonder, is anyone getting Castle Grayskull for their VINTAGE toys? Aside from the throne being a little big and the laser cannon being too high, you'd have one hell of a castle! The trap door might work better too!
    I never thought of that, but it's a great idea. I will have to try it out.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Totally, and MISB vintage Castle Grayskull would be way more than $200, so I see this as a great way to get more buyers - vintage only toy collectors might want to branch out for this one.

I would like a CG with 4 walls as well, but with a $200 price tag and the original toy stated as the basis, there's no way. I fully expect the MOTUC CG to have a two-story interior and open at the side with two walls like the original.

Scott said four sided = more cost for us.