Page 51 of 186 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Scott said he'd do his best to keep it $200 to sell more, so I'd expect something to the lower end of $200 if it does go over, not $300.

I have a theory...

If a movie is really in the works, then a movie toy line at retail will definitely happen.

They could, theoretically, be tooling this castle for this line, but it may also be an investment for later.

A movie would likely have a very classic, iconic, looking Grayskull... but even if it didn't, slight modifications to the mold would be FAR cheaper than sculpting / tooling an entirely new one.

I believe that this castle will appear again if a movie line happens... maybe it will be a different color, with different accessories and features, but it will likely be the same base/shell.

I think that is why the castle isn't going to be $350 / $400.

That is also why I think it will definitely happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    Since we have the weapons rack, give us the smaller one with the red weapons with the rusty deco to match the rest.
    OH!!! BRILLIANT!!

That cardboard cut-out that had the shield on it! That would be SO cool in plastic!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Amazing!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    How much was the Hoverboard? Make a front facade of Grayskull for that amount -- what? $200 - $250 -- on pre-order.
    A quick "sketch" of it -- no tooling, sculpting or anything until it "makes" and gets enough pre-orders.
    I'd pre-order that.
    Ha, Cammor totally called the planned roll-out.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Yeah, I'd rather pay $300 for a an awesome Grayskull than $200 for a so-so one.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm betting $249.
    I would rather pay more for a better castle as well.

And I'm thinking bcrduke is right. They would want a big grayskull mold ready for a movie retail line...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I would rather pay more for a better castle as well.

And I'm thinking bcrduke is right. They would want a big grayskull mold ready for a movie retail line...
    I would think they wouldn't use this mold for a movie retail version though. Wouldn't that upset fans that forked over $200 for the castle only to have a cheaper version of the same thing hit retail? Being that mass produced, the cost would probably be half what we'd pay on matty (maybe even cheaper factoring in shipping). I could see it falling in the $120 range like a certain sewer playset. If they were doing it to get ready for the retail version, I personally would wait for retail.

Uh yeah $300 is almost a quarter of my mortgage payment, so no too rich for my blood to drop at one time. Installment plan at that price maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by aey103 View Post
    Uh yeah $300 is almost a quarter of my mortgage payment, so no too rich for my blood to drop at one time. Installment plan at that price maybe.
    Well, you could do your own installment plan. It won't arrive till late next year, so you can start putting away $20 each month and there's your installment plan. I know, I'm a smartass...

I probably won't buy Castle Grayskull because at this point in the game, I don't have faith in Mattel to deliver me the quality I expect in a $200+ toy, and I don't have faith that they will make good on any issues that plague the whole production run. It's too much money for me to risk. I say there's a 50/50 chance at least that something significant goes wrong with this. Think about how many newly tooled parts are required... If Mattel put in writing that they will fix any production run issues and not just offer to replace individual units, then I would be much more likely to purchase one. But that will never happen because of their legal department or their cheapness.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I probably won't buy Castle Grayskull because at this point in the game, I don't have faith in Mattel to deliver me the quality I expect in a $200+ toy, and I don't have faith that they will make good on any issues that plague the whole production run. It's too much money for me to risk. I say there's a 50/50 chance at least that something significant goes wrong with this. Think about how many newly tooled parts are required... If Mattel put in writing that they will fix any production run issues and not just offer to replace individual units, then I would be much more likely to purchase one. But that will never happen because of their legal department or their cheapness.
    I'd say give it a chance. If it is faulty and replacements aren't doing the job, then ask for a refund. Trust me, you can get a refund.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I´d rather spend my money on figures, don`t need the Castle anymore...
    There's something to this---^ I've only ever been about the action figures. That being said, I know that the Greyskull playset has been an uber grail for many fans probably since before this line started, so seeing it potentially reach fruition is truly something. And yes, I'd even support that with a purchase just to see it done. I can always find room for a gigantic playset somewhere... as long as the quality is in alignment with the cost- which in this case is significant.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

At this price, quality is a must. They need to treat it like they did the Windraider. That vehicle has NO issues.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

If it means it will have all the bells and whistles, I would... most definitely I would!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I would think they wouldn't use this mold for a movie retail version though. Wouldn't that upset fans that forked over $200 for the castle only to have a cheaper version of the same thing hit retail? Being that mass produced, the cost would probably be half what we'd pay on matty (maybe even cheaper factoring in shipping). I could see it falling in the $120 range like a certain sewer playset. If they were doing it to get ready for the retail version, I personally would wait for retail.
    ToyGuru has long said that a version of the Matty CG (this was way before it was even a real possibility) could show up at retail. If it does it would be very different, with less paint apps and less stuff in general. So if this shows up at retail I'd expect all of that, and for it possibly to be scaled down. Those are all big ifs. So I think either way fans shouldn't feel cheated or anything as no matter what they are sure to be getting a superior version.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Snappy Threader
    For sure! I would buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    ToyGuru has long said that a version of the Matty CG (this was way before it was even a real possibility) could show up at retail. If it does it would be very different, with less paint apps and less stuff in general. So if this shows up at retail I'd expect all of that, and for it possibly to be scaled down. Those are all big ifs. So I think either way fans shouldn't feel cheated or anything as no matter what they are sure to be getting a superior version.
    As long as it is a Superior version I can see that, though I'll probably still wait if I get it at all.

People are forgetting that Mr Toyguru wants us to pre order Castle Grayskull before we get a proper look at it! More blind faith.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    How tall is the vintage CG toy?
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Maybe with shipping internationally, but in the US, I don't think it will hit $300.
    Re-read.....I said it'd be closer to the $300 mark. And yes shipping will obviously be more for international customers. It always is. The $200 was just an estimate given out by TG himself at PC. If they're going all out. I for one don't want any detail missed or CG stone untouched. I want all the bells & whistles. So if that means more cha ching. So be it....bring on CG!!

Well Scott just raised the bar to $250 in the Ask Matty forums, though still not official.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5681027317/m/7811077187

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicdios View Post
    People are forgetting that Mr Toyguru wants us to pre order Castle Grayskull before we get a proper look at it! More blind faith.
    Yup, which is exactly what many fans have been begging for. You can't get a proper look at something that doesn't exist. Lots of people were asking for a pre-order based on NOTHING. We are at least getting a B-sheet before they go on sale.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Why not just send Mr ToyGuru a blank cheque?

Can't even imagine the customs for that!

May have to stick to my 200x version
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I Want one!. Nuff said. $200-$300

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'd say give it a chance. If it is faulty and replacements aren't doing the job, then ask for a refund. Trust me, you can get a refund.
    Likely with an effort akin to the labors of Hercules.

The point here is a very valid one, and is precisely the cost of the way Mattel does business. A lot of folks have a very legitimate fear that the final product will be flawed, and a lot of recent foul-ups to base that on. Given Mattel's likely line of "this is your Grayskull" if there are major problems, I can understand some folks being hesitant. This is where a lack of credibility starts hitting the corporate pocketbook.

I really hope this goes through, but I also feel for the folks who balk at committing another $250 to Matty given their track record.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Let's be realistic here folks. Whether the castle costs a hundred bucks, two hundred, or three hundred, it's ALWAYS going to cost money for shipping. It's a play set and play sets are heavy. It's unavoidable. lets not hold that against Mattel in advance! This was a given from the start that it would not be cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.