Page 59 of 186 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamT View Post
    Does anyone know roughly how much UK customs, exise and VAT will add to this? I mean in could be another £100 or more.
    Is it not 20% of the value of the item and shipping cost plus a £8 or £13.50 handling charge depending the UK postal service used. So 450 US dollars = 280 Great British pounds, 20% of £280 = £56 plus the £8 or £13.50 handling charge.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

So it could be about £350 for uk customers?!?

Wow that sucks for international purchasers. I am wondering what number BBTS will put in for the pre-order. Because I think they have smarter shipping solutions than Digital River.
    Is Mattel repsonsible for the shipping quotes or is that Digi Riv?

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    Wow that sucks for international purchasers. I am wondering what number BBTS will put in for the pre-order. Because I think they have smarter shipping solutions than Digital River.
    Is Mattel repsonsible for the shipping quotes or is that Digi Riv?
    Im pretty sure that is DR, Mattel hires DR to handle all this stuff, which has always been the problem
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I'm hoping some resellers here in the states are hoping on this opportunity to ship to the international fans at a much cheaper rate.
    This is killing me! I know it's expensive to ship overseas, but THIS expensive?! Really?!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    (null)
    €450!!!!! I'm out!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I don't understand how shipping in the US only goes up about $30 compared to a single figure. Just to Canada it goes from 9 to 70. Overseas fans should just check on UPS/USPS how much shipping is for something that weighs 25lbs and about 2 feet in all directions to see if that's close to actual cost.

J

Widget
    So is it only charging $0.00 to your card, like they said it would?

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MintCondition View Post
    So is it only charging $0.00 to your card, like they said it would?
    That's what I'm waiting to find out myself before ordering. Given Matty's history of saying one thing and then having another thing happen...I want to see evidence of the zero charge before I bite the bullet.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

The shipping cannot be right as they aren't using UPS next year

but if it is, then this is managements way of appeasing fans by claiming to be willing to produce a castle greyskull, however as the sub was so dependent on international subbers then they knew that a high shipping cost would deter them and thus mean no CG is built, this is why we only have some drawings and not actual sculpts - no cost to Mattel but yet do a fan service thus management have "tried"

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Left Hand View Post
    That's what I'm waiting to find out myself before ordering. Given Matty's history of saying one thing and then having another thing happen...I want to see evidence of the zero charge before I bite the bullet.
    Same here, as I only have a lil under $100 to my name after doing some christmas shoppin today... so this is must have info before I can preorder.

I wonder when the indicator will be updated. I didn't do the sub, so I am unfamiliar with how often it updated. Daily?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I wonder when the indicator will be updated. I didn't do the sub, so I am unfamiliar with how often it updated. Daily?
    Yes, I believe it is daily.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    got it. bought it. didnt see the shipping change from the 36 to the 190 odd. and you know what? i dont care! ITS CASTLE GRAYSKULL for after all
    At the center of the universe, at the border between the light and the dark stands Castle Grayskull. For countless ages, the Sorceress of Grayskull has kept this universe in harmony, but the armies of darkness do not rest and the capture of Grayskull is evermost in their minds. For to those who control Grayskull will come the power. The power to be supreme, the power to be almighty, the power to be Masters of the Universe.

and thats what its all about!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

+2 more! Just ordered mine! No charge even showing on my account...

Email confirmation received!

Good to go here!

Heroic Warrior
    IF these shipping prices are correct (and not another DR's mess-up), then I guess the Castle Grayskull project will have many obstacles to overcome before making it to the minimum required...

I'll wait for Toyguru's reaction before writing my definite opinion about this. But I can say I'm not happy at all. It seems like they're now trying all they can to drag this line into the grave...

Matty lured and forced many fans to take a sub a couple of months ago. And they're doing it again with CG. It's not a very good omen, if you ask me...
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 16, 2012 at 04:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    IF these shipping prices are correct (and not another DR's mess-up), then I guess the Castle Grayskull project will have many obstacles to overcome before making it to the minimum required...

I'll wait for Toyguru's reaction before writing my definite opinion about this. But I can say I'm not happy at all. It seems like they're now trying all they can to drag this line into the grave...
    Just announced: All future payments to Mattycollector.com must be made in wampum.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

So trying to bring some light back... This castle is for the classics for sure... But just imagine how your original vintage figures will look on this Castle!!! WOW!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Just announced: All future payments to Mattycollector.com must be made in BLOOD.
    corrected your spelling mistake for you

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

Matty lured and forced many fans to take a sub a couple of months ago. And they're doing it again with CG. It's not a very good omen, if you ask me...
    That is one serious case of paranoia you got there. They have meds now that can help you out.

I was never going to get one (as I hate vehicles and playsets) but it really does suck for those that do want one. The high shipping cost may be the final nail. I also get that creepy feeling when you look at what they have shown "design" wise and say that it may change. I keep reading the Back to the Future hoverboard stuff and hope it doesn't go the same way.

CG has something the Hoverboard does not...the Four Horsemen!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    True, but how many times have the 4H done something only to have Ruben and the design team alter it?

It has a whole huge list of things the Hover Board does not.

- It's a playset to be played with, not a wall decoration.
    - It's sculpted by the Four Horsemen.
    - It's Castle Grayskull

See how huge that list is? what else is there to discuss?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    True, but how many times have the 4H done something only to have Ruben and the design team alter it?
    I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that Ruben and the design team created the b-sheet and they did a great job. I don't think they deserve as much criticism as they get.

Have some faith Kid Canada, they're not going to screw up CG, it's the flagship piece!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that Ruben and the design team created the b-sheet and they did a great job. I don't think they deserve as much criticism as they get.

Have some faith Kid Canada, they're not going to screw up CG, it's the flagship piece!

I don't need faith, I am not getting one. I am just hoping for the rest of you. I have zero interest in this puppy.

The only thing that would get me to plop down that kind of coin would be a new and better USS Flagg.