Page 64 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

where do we put the wind raider?

That spot on the top where the little crown thing fits looks like it might be the spot. It seems like it would be easy to make that hole the exact same one as the base of the raiders flight pole. Just a guess though
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    That spot on the top where the little crown thing fits looks like it might be the spot. It seems like it would be easy to make that hole the exact same one as the base of the raiders flight pole. Just a guess though
    good call on that one.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardman View Post
    where do we put the wind raider?
    There is a circular hole on the pie-piece shaped insert that goes inside the castle. I believe TG said the base of the WR would fit in that cut-out.

Why would you want a WR inside CG? Don't know...
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

The plug is on the base of the castle for the Wind Raider "flight pole piece"... Not the towers or dome.

You see it in the top view, the pie looking piece in the base.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

D'oh! Baena caught it. Good stuff. Would have been cool to have it out the crown top bit but eh. I just want a correct shipping priced Castle..everything else is gravy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Anyway, I like Scott's answer about "action features" of the castle, since we really do not need much. BUT, it has to have the trap door!!! That was the signature feature of the original and 200x CG! I would think that such an iconic feature would be present in the Classics version, so I hope that Scott just forgot about it. I mean, the Wind Raider still had it's rope/winch action feature (with added spring-loaded action) from the original, so Castle Grayskull MUST have the trap door! Turn the throne, and the guy falls into the dungeon!
    He commented earlier that it would have the trap door... but they weren't sure yet the 'mechanics' that would trigger it. I hope it's the throne... That was so much fun back in the day.

I'm a little concerned by what he consideres 'action features'. Personally I consider a lock on the jawbridge to be mandatory to keep it shut... not an action featrue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    The plug is on the base of the castle for the Wind Raider "flight pole piece"... Not the towers or dome.

You see it in the top view, the pie looking piece in the base.
    which killed some of the excitement for me.

It's an 'odd' place to display it, but at least that still leaves the tower open for Talon Fighter!!!!

/crosses fingers!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

It's an 'odd' place to display it, but at least that still leaves the tower open for Talon Fighter!!!!

/crosses fingers!
    Maybe I'm envisioning it wrong, but isn't this supposed to make the Raider look like it's flying over Grayskull?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

----------UPDATE----------

Scott replyed over on Ask Matty.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...m%2F4981087387

Toyguru
    Collector Supreme
    Posted October 18, 2012 04:47 AM

You are correct! The meter to the top is over our goal. We are 24% to our min needed order.

------------------------------

So The Castle Grayskull Thermometer is now officially at 24% of the minimum production goal numbers needed for production to go forward!

1/4 the way there! Keep it up guys!!!

now if he would just address the early adopter charged too much for shipping thing that would be great. 1/4 the way there with many days to go. not bad

now if he would just address the early adopter charged too much for shipping thing that would be great. 1/4 the way there with many days to go. not bad
    They have addressed it. They said the shipping would be corrected. So good news there!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

yes, it was addressed by matty via email reply, see my earlier post here...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3141606
    Last edited by Replikor; October 18, 2012 at 05:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Maybe I'm envisioning it wrong, but isn't this supposed to make the Raider look like it's flying over Grayskull?
    I believe the pie-shaped insert goes on the bottom floor. The WR stand isn't long enough for a flying pose. It'll probably look as if it's taking off from inside the castle.

If they ever make a Point Dread & Talon Fighter that area might be the perfect spot to put the bottom half of PD.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I'm in the same boat, probably the initial description by TG is/was wrong! Either that, or the pie piece is a tower like in size rather than a flat ground piece, cause displaying the Wind-Raider behind the facade is pointless.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I haven't preordered yet, but I'm definitely going to... once I figure out if I can afford an extra.

He commented earlier that it would have the trap door... but they weren't sure yet the 'mechanics' that would trigger it. I hope it's the throne... That was so much fun back in the day.

I'm a little concerned by what he consideres 'action features'. Personally I consider a lock on the jawbridge to be mandatory to keep it shut... not an action featrue.
    I'm worried that the paint may scratch off, but I REALLY want the door to open with the sword.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Oh. cool. I have not gotten an email telling me that. I will wait for my confirmation on that. So hopefully good then

and by that I mean the whole I won't be paying 36.45 more than I should for shipping
    Last edited by lemure77; October 18, 2012 at 06:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I'm in the same boat, probably the initial description by TG is/was wrong! Either that, or the pie piece is a tower like in size rather than a flat ground piece, cause displaying the Wind-Raider behind the facade is pointless.
    It definitely sounds as if it goes inside the castle, not on top of it. Here's what Toyguru said about it at the NYCC panel:

"So it will open just like the original and there’s sort of a triangle piece that gets added in after you swing it open to extend the bottom level. Do you see what I’m talking about in the top image? That pie piece. And I believe that pie piece is gonna have a little knob in it that you can plug the Wind Raider in so you can hide your Wind Raider inside the castle."

How He-Man managed to get the WR into the castle is a mystery to me...

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It definitely sounds as if it goes inside the castle, not on top of it. Here's what Toyguru said about it at the NYCC panel:

"So it will open just like the original and there’s sort of a triangle piece that gets added in after you swing it open to extend the bottom level. Do you see what I’m talking about in the top image? That pie piece. And I believe that pie piece is gonna have a little knob in it that you can plug the Wind Raider in so you can hide your Wind Raider inside the castle."

How He-Man managed to get the WR into the castle is a mystery to me...
    It is a fortress of Mystery and Power ya know.

And Scott just posted a video about the hover board, but behind him is a foam core mockup of Grayskull, look how friggin' big it is!!!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ure%3Dyoutu.be
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

And Scott just posted a video about the hover board, but behind him is a foam core mockup of Grayskull, look how friggin' big it is!!
    I got out my tape measure and 200X castle for comparison purposes as soon as I saw the photos of the B sheet. Huge, indeed! The first thing I thought was, "Well, it's not going to fit on top of my shelf. It's time to build that diorama."

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    It is a fortress of Mystery and Power ya know.

And Scott just posted a video about the hover board, but behind him is a foam core mockup of Grayskull, look how friggin' big it is!!!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ure%3Dyoutu.be
    Epic! Grayskull looks massive! That Hover Board seems pretty cool, too. Not sure what all the hub-bub is about.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

New video on the MAtty shows off a mock MOTUC Castle Grayskull in the background...

Here is a link to the video...

Screen grab from the video...

Last edited by Replikor; October 18, 2012 at 07:44pm.

/crosses fingers!
    Me too, I was really hoping it would be on the top of the castle and that was actually one of the main selling points of the castle for me. I asked this question on the Matty forums, but Scott hasn't answered it yet. It seems like this would be an easy thing to change, especially since sculpting hasn't even started yet.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I'm worried that the paint may scratch off, but I REALLY want the door to open with the sword.
    I have PLENTY of swords... The possibility of scratching one of them isn't even a blip on my radar

It looks amazing!!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest