Page 68 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    And I also hope they make that window big enough to see the top half of a figure through, not just their nose!
    It would be cool if the Zoar figure could fit through the window!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Good eye. I wouldn't have noticed it was up from before if I'd just looked at it without looking for an increase--they should either wait until it's more noticable or put percentages by the marks...or maybe I just need glasses!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

There's a really neat page-turning style advert for Grayskull on Matty and a nifty Castle Grayskull walls backdrop - they're going all out for this!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I get having a preference between Vintage and Filmation, but I don't understand disliking either version to have in Classics scale. I prefer the Vintage version, but I'd happily take the Filmation one in physical form if that's the one they offered.
    Filmation is my own personal contitnuity. Besides I'm not a fan of the vintage playset. As a kid I hated the goofy features of the toy such as the lift, trap door triggered by the throne etc... for such an high price I'm just not in the mindset that I need 'a MOTUC Grayskull, no matter what design it uses'
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Err..because it isn't the castle thats the most iconic and the version I want. It's cool for those that want it, but for $350+ after shipping and taxes, I'm not gonna buy something I dislike. I had the classic toy as a kid only because I loved the cartoon. Without the cartoon, I'd never have had the vintage playset.

I grew up with Filmation. My nostalgia is Filmation. I skipped the first King Randor because he wasn't the Filmation version and I'm buying the variant in November I'm waiting on blue Hordak... I think you get where I'm going

I do think the fan base is split between the vintage toy and Filmation. There are a lot of people who prefer the Filmation version, but I've accepted we are not getting that. Instead I'm looking forward to the MOTUC toys that do interest me
    I feel the same way. I did order one though. Mostly 'cause I hope that the 4 horsemen will incorporate elements from the Filmation Cartoon.
    Just imagine how much support the castle would get if you could swap two of the front teeth with two giant Filmation ones! This would be way more appealing to most fans that the stupid little knob that's removable on top of the dome part.

I also hope that they won't slavishly follow the interior of the vintage Castle Grayskull. It was BORING!!!!
    The 200X castle had great interior. The Hall of secret was awesome.

Once again, I think the line has lost a lot of fans and drawn a lot of criticism for being too self obsessed with itself, slavishly following vintage style and every unproduced concept. If the Castle does not incorporate any filmation elements, it will definitely be a let down.
    But I'm still getting one as it's going to look awesome no matter what.

I was thinking about starting a petition thread once the castle has been officially greenlit. Not a rant thread, but just a list of ideas fans have about what to incorporate in the castle to make it the BEST CASTLE EVER. A portal to Etheria (a simple mirror sticker) would go a long way.
    And it's not like there isn't any room in the castle to incorporate new ideas: the original vintage castle only had 2 levels. This one had 3.

I really hope they'll give us some filmation nod (the portal, come on! it's such a great idea) instead of slavishly reproducing those godawful stickers of a retro computer etc. And I'd much rather have extra filmation teeths to swap with the Mark Taylor one than a stupid torture table or a bat jet pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Good eye. I wouldn't have noticed it was up from before if I'd just looked at it without looking for an increase--they should either wait until it's more noticable or put percentages by the marks...or maybe I just need glasses!
    I wasn't sure at first either, but then I checked the filename. It was 2000 before.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Only thing I'd worry about is breaking the 4th wall.
    Ba-dum-bump.

Seriously though, I really hope Castle Grayskull makes it past the pre-order stage. This is a definite must-have item! You can take so many cool pictures of your figures in front of this, or inside of this. Transformation videos, too!

You could also buy and extra and paint it white and gold to be the newly build Castle Grayskull, like in MYP!

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    It would be cool if the Zoar figure could fit through the window!
    Yes! It really should be AT LEAST that big, otherwise I think it looks kinda silly. I mean, what's the point of a window if ALL you can do with it is barely look out it? You couldn't even shoot a gun out of that thing--well, you could if you just stuck your arm out the window, but then you'd just be shooting blindly!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I feel the same way. I did order one though. Mostly 'cause I hope that the 4 horsemen will incorporate elements from the Filmation Cartoon.
    Just imagine how much support the castle would get if you could swap two of the front teeth with two giant Filmation ones! This would be way more appealing to most fans that the stupid little knob that's removable on top of the dome part.

I also hope that they won't slavishly follow the interior of the vintage Castle Grayskull. It was BORING!!!!
    The 200X castle had great interior. The Hall of secret was awesome.

Once again, I think the line has lost a lot of fans and drawn a lot of criticism for being too self obsessed with itself, slavishly following vintage style and every unproduced concept. If the Castle does not incorporate any filmation elements, it will definitely be a let down.
    But I'm still getting one as it's going to look awesome no matter what.

I was thinking about starting a petition thread once the castle has been officially greenlit. Not a rant thread, but just a list of ideas fans have about what to incorporate in the castle to make it the BEST CASTLE EVER. A portal to Etheria (a simple mirror sticker) would go a long way.
    And it's not like there isn't any room in the castle to incorporate new ideas: the original vintage castle only had 2 levels. This one had 3.

I really hope they'll give us some filmation nod (the portal, come on! it's such a great idea) instead of slavishly reproducing those godawful stickers of a retro computer etc. And I'd much rather have extra filmation teeths to swap with the Mark Taylor one than a stupid torture table or a bat jet pack.

AGREED. They have been WAY too obsessed with staying exactly on vintage-model.

And I would LOVE it if they had that big mirror from the Sorceress' throne room!!! That was KEY to the mythos of the series!!!

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Yes! It really should be AT LEAST that big, otherwise I think it looks kinda silly. I mean, what's the point of a window if ALL you can do with it is barely look out it? You couldn't even shoot a gun out of that thing--well, you could if you just stuck your arm out the window, but then you'd just be shooting blindly!
    I agree that would be cool. The Classics Zoar is pretty small with the wings up... I'm betting she could looking at the window as is.

But I also agree that perhaps that window could widen just a little. All of this is easy to address after it's greenlit, and the 4H get the marching orders on it.
    I certainly hope little things like this are what's keeping others from pre-ordering?!

I also believe there might be room for other hopes like Oulala has for incorporating possible Filmation nods. Again, I'm not a filmation guy, but if it gets this castle made, I'm all for some inclusions like that.

It's like He-Man and Skeletor teaming up to make this happen!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I agree that would be cool. The Classics Zoar is pretty small with the wings up... I'm betting she could looking at the window as is.

But I also agree that perhaps that window could widen just a little. All of this is easy to address after it's greenlit, and the 4H get the marching orders on it.

I also believe there might be room for other hopes like Oulala has for incorporating possible Filmation nods. Again, I'm not a filmation guy, but if it gets this castle made, I'm all for some inclusions like that.

It's like He-Man and Skeletor teaming up to make this happen!!!
    Yeah. I don't want it to sound like a rant, as I'm already HYPER EXCITED about the sliver of a possibility of getting a Castle Grayskull made... But after all, why the hell would they not try to incorporate Filmation Elements to please as many fans as possible? This is being built FOR THE FANS. We are pre ordering it. Let's please as many people as possible. And Filmation fans are abound. Seems like a no brainer to me that they'd try to be all inclusive on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Well I am pre-ordering this. I really think its great to have such a fan felt line like MOTUC. All of the Hasblo lines have fallen to slinkies and zu zu pet run off ideas. Its nice to have a line that is geared towards us "forever fans".

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It's EPIC! I can't wait!
    Exactly right NC. How can you not preorder one. This is it. The most iconic representation in MOTU and some would argue in all of toy play sets. As Woody would say..."if you don't have one get (preorder) one."

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm. I don't understand the reasoning for the wooden door, shingles, and windowsill.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    As Woody would say..."if you don't have one get (preorder) one."
    Woodpecker?

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

That video is AMAZING. Oh man I want this so bad. We must make this happen. Its so epic...

I posted this on TheFwoosh, but I'll post it here. Just some food for thought:

I tend to think of it this way for fence-sitters. If you're on the fence, it means a good part of you wants this. So imagine what would happen if this goes through and you see the eventual actual pics of this bad boy.

Imagine people posing and taking pictures of their figures with it.

It's the ultimate play set. It's the ultimate backdrop.

This is probably the last, great play set that will ever be made. Something of this scale and ambition would simply never be attempted at retail. Even the impressive TMNT playset is just a bunch of stickers and cardboard compared to this thing. All the details will be sculpted. It'll be painted.

It's more than just a huge chunk of plastic. It's action figure history.

Are you really going to be satisfied when this thing comes out and others have it and are enjoying it and you don't and you can't? Maybe it's safer to wait, but I'm willing to guess the day-of price is at least $300. And I doubt they are making a huge surplus.

Just something to think about...
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's pretty darn awesome! I do have to say though, the window is WAY too narrow (like I feared). The Sorceress probably can't even stick her head out if it right now! It needs to be a tiny bit wider.
    Yes! Agreed, Scott and Four Horseman, my one and only request is that the window be made a tiny bit wider, so the sorceress can send some bolts of magic down at Skeletor and Evil-Lynn while they have their magic fight.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Yes! Agreed, Scott and Four Horseman, my one and only request is that the window be made a tiny bit wider, so the sorceress can send some bolts of magic down at Skeletor and Evil-Lynn while they have their magic fight.
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    That video is AMAZING. Oh man I want this so bad. We must make this happen. Its so epic...

GREAT post!

Heroic Warrior

Yeah, that was a great post. Man, I hope this goes through, the castle is going to be AMAZING.

Heroic Warrior
    Giving us the Castle Grayskull robot I think would be the perfect selling point to getting us to pay the $250.

Just saying. Give us a figure and that's sort of more bang for your buck this set really needs.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Giving us the Castle Grayskull robot I think would be the perfect selling point to getting us to pay the $250.

Just saying. Give us a figure and that's sort of more bang for your buck this set really needs.
    I agree, a figure. Heck even a Castle Grayskull Robot at least would really MAKE this playset feel more complete.
    But sadly scott has already shot this idea down over on ask matty.

MAYBE if we get a bit above the minimum we might see it added into the playset. But as of "minimum" we wont get the robot with the playset.

Or its possible we might get the Protector Robot as a SDCC item, that would be nice. Scott has already stated that they are working on the sculpting of the next SDCC item right now.
    Last edited by Replikor; October 19, 2012 at 07:06pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Guys we really need to get Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg on board with this movement.

Someone needs to get them to re-tweet the pre-order link or the size comparison video. I mean they had "By the power of the Grayskull" in Hot Fuzz. They grew up in the 80's and LOVE He-Man.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Ok guys I have a question, when you preorder the CG do they Pre authorize for the amount or is it just to make sure the card works? Any help would be great
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by undeadplastic2711 View Post
    Ok guys I have a question, when you preorder the CG do they Pre authorize for the amount or is it just to make sure the card works? Any help would be great
    Directly from the CG order page:

When you place your order, the card you used will be “pre-authorized” for a zero dollar amount. This pre-authorization simply verifies that the card is valid. You will NOT be charged until the item ships, at which time you’ll be billed for the product, shipping costs, and any taxes/fees.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I tend to think of it this way for fence-sitters. If you're on the fence, it means a good part of you wants this. So imagine what would happen if this goes through and you see the eventual actual pics of this bad boy.

Imagine people posing and taking pictures of their figures with it.

It's the ultimate play set. It's the ultimate backdrop.

This is probably the last, great play set that will ever be made. Something of this scale and ambition would simply never be attempted at retail. Even the impressive TMNT playset is just a bunch of stickers and cardboard compared to this thing. All the details will be sculpted. It'll be painted.

It's more than just a huge chunk of plastic. It's action figure history.

Are you really going to be satisfied when this thing comes out and others have it and are enjoying it and you don't and you can't? Maybe it's safer to wait, but I'm willing to guess the day-of price is at least $300. And I doubt they are making a huge surplus.

Just something to think about...
    Well said, great points. We have to make it happen. Imagine how incredible it will be in reality and if we get CG made, it opens the door to tons of possibilities!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!