Page 75 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Chewer of Trollans
    I'm glad to see the deadline extended, but it doesn't seem to make sense to extend it to the 12th but not to just one business day later, the 15th when there will then be another Matty sale day and a whole group of people visiting the site anyway.
    Has anyone explained why this cannot be?

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I know what you mean! And the thermometer not being an actual count is kind of more exciting…seeing it jump in giant chunks is more dramatic lol.
    I agree; it makes it much more easy to ignore and just wait for those updates every so often. I wana keep this out of my mind as much as possible until we hit the goal, then I'm going on ebay(or something) and finding some vintage MotU party supplies and confusing the heck out of everyone around me - I MEAN throw a party!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    TG says he thinks it's at 42%. I'll post the latest Q&A's in the October Ask Matty thread when I get off from night work tomorrow morning.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    TG says he thinks it's at 42%. I'll post the latest Q&A's in the October Ask Matty thread when I get off from night work tomorrow morning.
    Cool! I look forward to the update Max!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Bet it's higher.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Until MGM get's Toy Guru's lastest comments posted here, I've added them to CastleGrayskull.info

http://castlegrayskull.info/?p=114
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

hmm, I just realized. The pushed back the End of the MOTUC Grayskull preorder date of Nov 10th to the new Nov 12th now... that new end date will make it fall on Lou Scheimer day in Philly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    hmm, I just realized. The pushed back the End of the MOTUC Grayskull preorder date of Nov 10th to the new Nov 12th now... that new end date will make it fall on Lou Scheimer day in Philly now.
    There is a Lou Scheimer day in Philly? Details please.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Practicing what I'm preaching, looking at the blueprints again.
    I've been doing that too. I just saw all the hands, claws, and tentacles reaching out of the 'dungeoun' floor today!

I think the 5.5" number there isn't a typo, I think it's the width of the door.
    That would be correct sir...

MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    It's interesting to me how different opinions seem to be playing out with this Castle sale. The majority of fans seem blown away by the sheer massiveness of the scale and volume of planned accessories, levels, and overall play value of this set and thankfully bought in early and often. But there is always a contingent who are not quite sold and I'm not sure Mattel will ever be entirely able to sway these folks. Lest they were able to literally hold the set in-hand, pull it apart, and guarantee the show model they were looking at would completely mirror their own, there will always be doubters. In other words, sometimes you just can't please the dyed in the wool fence sitters.

Extremes of any length in this hobby- (i.e., do I/don't I buy a sub, do I/don't I buy an expensive play set) induce hand-wringing as those on tight budgets or with axes to grind towards Matty endlessly debate only to usually walk away by the end having done or contributed nothing. And then the next thing comes along and it's rinse, repeat. Granted, not every figure, play set, sub, sub concept, etc., will appeal and market forces will drive these failed ideas into dust (as well they should), but those who endlessly debate and ultimately walk away only to later waggle their fingers at the rest of us when something inevitably goes wrong, are tiresome and seemingly ubiquitous in this hobby.

Who knows what will we'll eventually get, but I'd like to be counted among those who supported the concept with my hard earned virtual dollars. Let the worry warts bother over Matty's past failings. Me, I see a glass on this table that is half-full.
    I wish there was a "like" button.

Straight from the Horse's mouth...

Please help build Castle Grayskull!

http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    There is a Lou Scheimer day in Philly? Details please.
    Here ya go. A post by "the Shadow" on another thread has details...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post2874257

It started the day they did that HeMan Exibit at the Toonseum in Pittsburgh

I just pre-ordered! I waited until payday and then realized the full amount wouldn't come out like I was thinking yes, I can be a bit slow on the uptake sometimes. ) All I can say is "C'mon it's CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!!!"
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Straight from the Horse's mouth...

Please help build Castle Grayskull!

http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/
    ya but have they pre-ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by darrenk2283 View Post
    ya but have they pre-ordered?
    knowing Eric and CB, yup
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Hi guys! Don't you think it would be cool if Mattel produced removable turret roofs for Castle Grayskull's right side? I mean: since they are most likely coming in a different color than the castle's "bricks", detachable brown roofs would be way better and give us more display possibilities!
    Here's my mockup:
    mockup turrets.jpg
    -Kontroller: Evil master of Tram tickets -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontroller View Post
    Hi guys! Don't you think it would be cool if Mattel produced removable turret roofs for Castle Grayskull's right side? I mean: since they are most likely coming in a different color than the castle's "bricks", detachable brown roofs would be way better and give us more display possibilities!
    Here's my mockup:
    mockup turrets.jpg
    That's not a bad idea. Good work!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Progress shown!!!!

Last week...

Today!!!!

I really hope we get this... I am SUPER exited about it!!!! I am a big 35 yr old kid right now!!!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Quote Originally Posted by Kontroller View Post
    Here's my mockup:
    mockup turrets.jpg
    Not a dumb idea. Not a dumb idea at all.
    The only things to thing through, are that you'll see the top rails and red skull atop the elevator. And the computers in the balcony section.
    Not overly difficult things to figure out I don't think? But I could see the elevator pieces being somewhat challenging.
    Last edited by Baena; October 24, 2012 at 12:44pm.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Progress shown!!!!

Last week...
    http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...0D728548A8.jpg

Today!!!!
    http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...55D6E02F12.jpg

I really hope we get this... I am SUPER exited about it!!!! I am a big 35 yr old kid right now!!!
    looks like we are about halfway there!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I'm glad to see the deadline extended, but it doesn't seem to make sense to extend it to the 12th but not to just one business day later, the 15th when there will then be another Matty sale day and a whole group of people visiting the site anyway.

NOVEMBER 12th.

That's on a monday... The 15th is Thursday. Unless there's a holiday I'm forgetting about (and NOT getting paid for.....), there's another 3 business days there.

STILL not a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    It's would have been on sale a long time by then anyway and you can't combine shipping, so having it end on the same day as a sale day would be irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It's would have been on sale a long time by then anyway and you can't combine shipping, so having it end on the same day as a sale day would be irrelevant.
    yeah plus people would screw up their orders, b/c Matty doesnt like preorders/subs on the same orders as instock items
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It would've been on sale for less than a month, and never've seen an official Matty sales date. It has nothing to do with the shipping, as it doesn't ship for another year, it has to do with advertising. They could even promote it to the people that make purchases that Thursday (15th), to help get the word out. The pre-sales continues far past this, but only if the min is meet. So that three days doesn't seem too big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Widget
    where is the 3d render, as promised?