Page 76 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Court Magician
    I think this is a fantastic idea !

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I'm glad to see the deadline extended, but it doesn't seem to make sense to extend it to the 12th but not to just one business day later, the 15th when there will then be another Matty sale day and a whole group of people visiting the site anyway.
    Has anyone explained why this cannot be?
    Agreed. This couldn't hurt.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Snappy Threader
    Yeah I never thought of that. If it's there on the 15th surely they would pick up a few more.....unless they make the sale on the 12th, but I doubt it.......

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Can't let this go unanswered (and Stygian360, don't view this as a personal rebuke to you, it's just some points I think need to be made).

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    It's interesting to me how different opinions seem to be playing out with this Castle sale. The majority of fans seem blown away by the sheer massiveness of the scale and volume of planned accessories, levels, and overall play value of this set and thankfully bought in early and often. But there is always a contingent who are not quite sold and I'm not sure Mattel will ever be entirely able to sway these folks. Lest they were able to literally hold the set in-hand, pull it apart, and guarantee the show model they were looking at would completely mirror their own, there will always be doubters. In other words, sometimes you just can't please the dyed in the wool fence sitters.
    That's quite harsh considering the circumstances. A lot of the people on the fence about this have darned good reason to have doubts. Do you realize what an extraordinary thing Mattel is asking people for? We are to commit $250+ irrevocably to a piece of plastic based on a drawing and a lot of promises from a company that has broken promises and outright lied to us more than once. Anyone ordering this is doing so solely on faith in the Fab Four's ability and a big scoop of hope that Mattel and DR will actually give us what is promised and be able to mail it out without incident. The people ordering here are showing a level of faith some religions can't claim (and keep in mind, I am one of them, even though I chose to get the castle somewhere other than Matty).

Extremes of any length in this hobby- (i.e., do I/don't I buy a sub, do I/don't I buy an expensive play set) induce hand-wringing as those on tight budgets or with axes to grind towards Matty endlessly debate only to usually walk away by the end having done or contributed nothing. And then the next thing comes along and it's rinse, repeat. Granted, not every figure, play set, sub, sub concept, etc., will appeal and market forces will drive these failed ideas into dust (as well they should), but those who endlessly debate and ultimately walk away only to later waggle their fingers at the rest of us when something inevitably goes wrong, are tiresome and seemingly ubiquitous in this hobby.
    There is nothing extreme here; folks are voicing well founded opinions and doubts about whether Mattel and DR can actually pull this off without it being another fiasco. Some are still waiting for the sub management page we've been promised since February before committing (we're almost out of October, the next tentative date they gave for having it up; I guess we're to choice three, "before January" now). And the doubters have contributed something of great value: balanced feedback. I'm sorry, but potential buyers here deserve to hear both sides of the story before slapping down a quarter of a grand for this piece. There are very real reasons people should consider before committing their hard earned money to people who have very little credibility at this point (and deservedly so).

Who knows what will we'll eventually get, but I'd like to be counted among those who supported the concept with my hard earned virtual dollars. Let the worry warts bother over Matty's past failings. Me, I see a glass on this table that is half-full.
    Matty's past failings are the #1 issues here. We can't simply say, "Let's forget how the fox has eaten half our chickens and just trust him to watch over the hen house today." Having reservations about buying a product because the people you are buying it from have proven to be anything but competent year after year isn't being a worry wart; it's called being an informed and rational consumer. The problem with the glass on the table is that the other half is in the hands of DR and Mattel, who are lucky to have half a wit between them here.

In the end I guess I'm something of a hopeless optimist here myself, as I'm planning on getting the castle sight unseen (give all the credit here to the Horsemen on that count). But I'm realistic enough to acknowledge that it is blind faith that has no basis whatsoever in Matty's track record. Were we talking anything else, I'd laugh at the notion that I would even consider doing something like this. It's a choice based more on emotion than reason, I readily admit, and I imagine it's much that way for many who have taken the plunge. And that's fine, too, because not every choice can be based solely on facts and figures; sometimes you have to go with your heart.

The people who are on the fence or refusing to buy are not extreme in any way; they are sensible folks who weighed the cost and the risk and made what, to them, was a completely logical decision. I hold no ill will toward them and fully understand their choice, even though I made the opposite one. We need to respect the choice of those who chose not to buy here, just like those who passed on the sub, because there are a lot of very rational reasons for doing so.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

very cool, but FOUR HORSEMEN.. PLEASE MAKE THE WINDOW WIDER PLEASE. THAT IS TOO SKINNY. YOU BARELY WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE SOMEONE'S FACE, LET ALONE THE SORCERESS

MAKE THE WINDOW WIDER PLEASE, WOULD BE COOL IF THE SORCERESS COULD SPREAD HER WINGS LIKE IN THE TOON, BUT I KNOW THAT WONT HAPPEN. BUT AT LEAST MAKE THE VERY SKINNY WINDOW WIDER.. AGAIN.. WIDER!

anyone else agree?

why are my caps LOCKED!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Yeah I never thought of that. If it's there on the 15th surely they would pick up a few more.....
    Yeah, but they have to cut it off somewhere. All the advertising was up on the Matty page on the last sale day, so anyone that visits for DOS already saw it.

I made a mock-up of how a pair of snap-on Filmation teeth would look like plus I made the window a little wider and removed some of the brickwork around the eyes for the perfect Grayskull IMO!

Cgcompare.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Here ya go. A post by "the Shadow" on another thread has details...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post2874257

It started the day they did that HeMan Exibit at the Toonseum in Pittsburgh
    oh, when you said Philly it threw me off. I know about the events in Pittsburgh.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    oh, when you said Philly it threw me off. I know about the events in Pittsburgh.
    oops, my bad... typing something an thinkin another... lol

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontroller View Post
    Hi guys! Don't you think it would be cool if Mattel produced removable turret roofs for Castle Grayskull's right side? I mean: since they are most likely coming in a different color than the castle's "bricks", detachable brown roofs would be way better and give us more display possibilities!
    Here's my mockup:
    Attachment 79966
    I LOVE your idea!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I made a mock-up of how a pair of snap-on Filmation teeth would look like plus I made the window a little wider and removed some of the brickwork around the eyes for the perfect Grayskull
    If the teeth looked like that and the eyes were unstructured I would be in. Maybe the the 4H can include snap on filmation/larger tusk teeth. If something like this was on the table I would defo pre-order.
    Last edited by Angel-T; October 25, 2012 at 12:56am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    If the teeth looked like that and the eyes were unstructured I would be in. Maybe the the 4H can include snap on filmation/larger tusk teeth. If something like this was on the table I would defo pre-order.
    and I would cancel my pre order, no thanks. the 4H know better. ;-)
    A new Motu line, again at last!

I just rather have a castle grayskull than not one at all.. . just do it! order

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan81 View Post
    and I would cancel my pre order, no thanks. the 4H know better. ;-)
    Yeah but if we could have interchangable teeth everone would be happy right? Both filmation and vintage fans.

Heroic Warrior
    FYI, I just used the "Contact Us" form on MattyCollector, within 12 hours my original pre-order was cancelled, no questions asked. Easy peasy. I reordered immediately, and for the same price I was going to pay I got 2-day shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    FYI, I just used the "Contact Us" form on MattyCollector, within 12 hours my original pre-order was cancelled, no questions asked. Easy peasy. I reordered immediately, and for the same price I was going to pay I got 2-day shipping.
    I may do this myself. Has anyone who ordered early, and got charged more for shipping, been contacted by DR to have it corrected yet? Or is that supposed to happen after the pre-order limits is met?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Wednesday's update...
    It has to be at 50% or more by now.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    very cool, but FOUR HORSEMEN.. PLEASE MAKE THE WINDOW WIDER PLEASE. THAT IS TOO SKINNY. YOU BARELY WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE SOMEONE'S FACE, LET ALONE THE SORCERESS

MAKE THE WINDOW WIDER PLEASE, WOULD BE COOL IF THE SORCERESS COULD SPREAD HER WINGS LIKE IN THE TOON, BUT I KNOW THAT WONT HAPPEN. BUT AT LEAST MAKE THE VERY SKINNY WINDOW WIDER.. AGAIN.. WIDER!

anyone else agree?

why are my caps LOCKED!
    Absolutely! I and a few other folks actually posted that in the Q&A thread that Val's giving to ToyGuru, so hopefully he'll hear us!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    Yeah but if we could have interchangable teeth everone would be happy right? Both filmation and vintage fans.
    I would rather the money we spend on the castle go towards something else besides swappable teeth.

If it came with big teeth, I'd buy it. If it came with small teeth I'd buy it.
    If it came with Filmation specific accessories, I'd buy it. If it didn't I'd buy it.

To me... Castle Grayskull is Castle Grayskull. I just want it to be awesome.

Boggles my mind that people get hung up on it not looking just like the cartoon and passing on it.
    The figures don't look exactly like the cartoon characters (thankfully). Did you guys pass on those?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dog View Post
    I would rather the money we spend on the castle go towards something else besides swappable teeth.

If it came with big teeth, I'd buy it. If it came with small teeth I'd buy it.
    If it came with Filmation specific accessories, I'd buy it. If it didn't I'd buy it.

To me... Castle Grayskull is Castle Grayskull. I just want it to be awesome.

Boggles my mind that people get hung up on it not looking just like the cartoon and passing on it.
    The figures don't look exactly like the cartoon characters (thankfully). Did you guys pass on those?
    This. Right on. I can't get over some of these comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    This. Right on. I can't get over some of these comments.
    I agree, make it as is...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://news.mattycollector.com/wp-co...ermometer1.jpg

Wednesday's update...
    It has to be at 50% or more by now.
    Yeah I'd say that has to be slightly better than 50% of the Goal.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I just want it to get made. I loved my vintage CG, and even though I was less than enthused with the outside of the 200x castle, I really liked what they did inside. The 4H know the Filmation CG was iconic to a lot of people, and will try to sneak some of the elements into the sculpt. So let's hope this goes through so we can worry about what's really important:

Where the heck am I going to put this flippin' monster!

Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well, I'm sorry to say this, and I Know this is a He-Man topic and not anything else, but this just stole my wanting to save up for Grayskull next year, sorry Mattel:

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I check the meter every day, I looked at it tonight and found myself screaming at the screen "FILL!, FILL!"