Page 83 of 186 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 4645

Thread: MOTUC Castle Grayskull Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Well, I'll be purchasing one of these tonight and thought of a fun idea. I hope Scott will do this. If anyone remembers when Super Smash Bros Brawl was being made, they showed sneak previews and glimpses along the way. I think it would be cool to do (via pictures and videos) sneak previews weekly of Grayskull as it goes along. This will keep the anticipation (and the free press on toy sites) going as Grayskull is made.

What say all of you?
    Yeah, they should be doing that now. It's kind of a no-brainer, I wonder why they aren't. Mattel should be doing a lot more to advertise this thing.

I would love to see some glimpses of more designs in progress, like you said. Even small ones, a little each day.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Yeah, they should be doing that now. It's kind of a no-brainer, I wonder why they aren't. Mattel should be doing a lot more to advertise this thing.

I would love to see some glimpses of more designs in progress, like you said. Even small ones, a little each day.
    A few more pictures or ideas or something would be nice...

I know they aren't actually going to be WORKING on it till we hit the minimum.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Another update.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Does not look good...
    Awesome sticker included!

Still a long way to go. I hope for you guys it makes it.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Does not look good...
    I don't want to be an unrealistic optimist, but we still have 10 days. And:

• We don't know if BBTS and other retailers have ordered yet.
    • We don't know how accurate the thermometer is. I don't want to say Matty is lying, but we also cannot be sure that the latest update reflects figures as of the moment it was updated. Maybe they only ran a report through last Weds or so.
    • It's in Matty's interest to keep us guessing and pulling for the playset.
    • We don't know whether Matty might still go through with it if we miss the goal by a hair or so.
    • We didn't know we were 95% there for the sub this year until the last day of sales, and we ended up at 135%

That being said — order now if you want one!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I don't want you to do anything to jeopardize you marriage... but... Sometimes its easier to get forgiveness than permission?

It's cool, I totally understand.

I know TG has been saying that the "my sub" page that should be up in a few weeks, will allow you to manage things like this. So I would guess yes, if you order others, you can arrange to have them ship at once.
    I'm not TG, I don't work for Mattel, but I know TG wants to put more power like this in our hands and that the "my sub" page is a step in the right direction.

Lastly, I'm tapping into my old advertising days... Feel free to use or share this anywhere you want, let's get the word out! (see the full sized piece and my write up at www.natebaertsch.tumblr.com

If you don't like what I did, Check out Eamon's fb page and use the one he put together, which is also awesome and features Rudy's original box art!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...ydu8o1_500.jpg

Looks really nice dude!!
    Do you have a larger version of it?

Mhmm.... I would've expected we be closer by now...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Mhmm.... I would've expected we be closer by now...
    ..have to agree with ya. I am starting to get worried now as we are hitting the 10 days left mark today... an I am growing ever more concerned.

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy if I didn't pay taxes on top of it.......they really ought to distribute from Europe as well otherwise I can't see this succeeding.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    We don't know if BBTS and other retailers have ordered yet.
    BBTS already did. They are selling it for 369.99$.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    BBTS already did. They are selling it for 369.99$.
    They are selling pre-orders or a pre-order. They are most likely waiting until they have a final figure on the 12th to order one order and not have over ordered by too much. Personally I don't think it would make sense for them to place an order this early but they still could've I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Looks really nice dude!!
    Do you have a larger version of it?
    Just hit that link to my tumblr site, or my facebook page. (search Nate Baertsch Design) Those will take you to the full res versions.

And thank ye kindly!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I bet that if this goes through it will help convince the execs to approve more skus for the 2014 sub. So maybe we can get 12 or 14 figures next year.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzchuck View Post
    I bet that if this goes through it will help convince the execs to approve more skus for the 2014 sub. So maybe we can get 12 or 14 figures next year.
    I would have agreed with you had we hit the minimum goal within 1 day... but with it dragging out yet again just like how the last sub drive went.... I dont see it now.

Plus we already have the last sub drive almost not going thru without ppl double an triple ordering sub's just to push it thru... so a increased SKU sub wont happen now I think. We will still be lucky if we can get 12 figures for a 2014 sub... an sadly, I think that may be it for the MOTUC line. As if 2014 doesn't go thru easier than 2014 did... ya.. I figure they wont bother with 2015 sub at all.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    Does not look good...
    Some people are waiting for the last day before they ultimately make up their minds.

I would have thought that TG would have kept up the pressure to sell Grayskull, but things must be going pretty good, sales-wise. He was practically making podcasts and videos every other day to sell the sub.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Some people are waiting for the last day before they ultimately make up their minds.

I would have thought that TG would have kept up the pressure to sell Grayskull, but things must be going pretty good, sales-wise. He was practically making podcasts and videos every other day to sell the sub.
    I'm with you on this train of thought. It can't be a lost cause yet.

I agree. we'll probably see a jump in the meter the last few days. Of course that meter may not be completely accurate. As long as I get Castle Grayskull I really don't care. MOTU may not be the main thing I collect but I committed the past couple years, I'm committed for 2013 so I'm in it till the end.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    After the hoverboard, I just cant pre-order and bite the bullet. It was too much of a let down and too many changes that no one wanted.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    After the hoverboard, I just cant pre-order and bite the bullet. It was too much of a let down and too many changes that no one wanted.
    This is what scares me the most. I fear certain features (selling points) will be *costed* out!
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I wouldn't worry about the thermometer. It is going to happen, as it is more than halfway there and will suddenly jump up to 110% come the 13th.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I completely agree with Dr Kain above - the thermometer updates and news bites have been few and far between which makes me think we are already nearly there and this is happenning regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    I completely agree with Dr Kain above - the thermometer updates and news bites have been few and far between which makes me think we are already nearly there and this is happenning regardless.
    Scott has been on vacation. So I wouldn't use that as a indicator of anything either way.

2013 subscriptions all over again. You mark my words.

I may end up eating my words but yeah…I agree with others saying that it'll ink past the minimum at the last minute.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I just got into the line a month and a half ago or so and i guess it was pretty good timing for the castle pre order but no so good for the line since the prices on a lot of them are pretty up there. Castle Grayskull was day one pre order for me very exited that theres a chance it can be made. ^_^